Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Yes you need to add the Webos Internals testing.
    On my Pre 2 Navit does not speak?
    if I click the loudspeaker button Navit closes. Speech is installed Ok, anyone else got this problem?
    I'm using 4446M
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Just checked I can turn it on and off on my Pre 2. This is just after it talked to me using 0.5.0 4446M.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Just checked I can turn it on and off on my Pre 2. This is just after it talked to me using 0.5.0 4446M.
    Thanks. I removed and re-installed & now it speaks OK.
    Navit worked great when I first installed it, but hasn't loaded for me in some time. It opens and closes immediately. I recently updated to webOS 2.1.0 (I have an at&t Pre+) and downloaded v0.5.0.4446-1 from the testing feed and tried again, but no luck. Here's the log of that attempt. I have lots of other logs if anyone wants to see them. Please help!!

------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------
    Sat Jun 18 04:08:18 PDT 2011
    Navit log started
    graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_new:using screen 320x480@32
    map_binfile:map_binfile_zip_setup:num_disk 0
    navit:xinclude:Unable to include /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit_gui_PreNav.xml
    navit:xinclude:Unable to include /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit_layout.xml
    navit:xinclude:Unable to include /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit_vehicleprofile.xml
    navit:navit_init:no gui
    sh: gdb: not found
    config file n is set to `/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrombone View Post
    Navit worked great when I first installed it, but hasn't loaded for me in some time. It opens and closes immediately. I recently updated to webOS 2.1.0 (I have an at&t Pre+) and downloaded v0.5.0.4446-1 from the testing feed and tried again, but no luck. Here's the log of that attempt. I have lots of other logs if anyone wants to see them. Please help!!

------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------
    Sat Jun 18 04:08:18 PDT 2011
    Navit log started
    graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_new:using screen 320x480@32
    map_binfile:map_binfile_zip_setup:num_disk 0
    navit:xinclude:Unable to include /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit_gui_PreNav.xml
    navit:xinclude:Unable to include /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit_layout.xml
    navit:xinclude:Unable to include /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit_vehicleprofile.xml
    navit:navit_init:no gui
    sh: gdb: not found
    config file n is set to `/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    Hi,

please try the following:
    1) remove navit
    2) remove appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/ from your USB drive.
    3) install Navit and try again.

HaPe
    It works again. Danke!
    hi,
    great app, tough it quits sometimes, im very glad there is an standalone navi for my pre.
    but...is there a way to level up the speech volume?
    Quote Originally Posted by chris234 View Post
    is there a way to level up the speech volume?
    Open Music App, increase volume to the desired level, close Music App.

HTH

Carsten
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Is there a reason that the "Route" button is not in the menu in the latest version (4446M)? I was able to put it back on the main menu by copying and pasting the relevant portions of the old menu in the appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/guis, but the webOS-Internals wiki implies that the button should be there without my kludgey little hack. Anyone know what gives?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Its on mine. So you may have chosen another version of navit.xml or edited it somehow.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Its on mine. So you may have chosen another version of navit.xml or edited it somehow.
    That's what I figured at first, too. I uninstalled Navit, deleted the navit appinfo directory from my media partition and reinstalled Navit to be sure I was getting a completely clean install. It changed nothing. And the active gui XML file had no mention of the Route button, sub-menu, or the functions that should have been there. Like I said, it wasn't hard to put it back with the included old-style menu gui file, but I am puzzled about why I had to do that. *shrug*
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    You deleted all of org.webosinternals.navit? Did you then disconnect (ssh or usb), reconnect and confirm it was not there?
    I'm having a few problems with the new beta Map app for Navit. anyone else tried it?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyRogue View Post
    Is there a reason that the "Route" button is not in the menu in the latest version (4446M)? I was able to put it back on the main menu by copying and pasting the relevant portions of the old menu in the appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/guis, but the webOS-Internals wiki implies that the button should be there without my kludgey little hack. Anyone know what gives?
    Can you pls copy the missing pieces here?
    It is not there for me either (4637M)and this does not include it either: navit - Car Navigation System

thanks,
    Ferenc
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I'm having a few problems with the new beta Map app for Navit. anyone else tried it?
    It downloads OK and creates a file maps/mapset.xml with the mapset commands in it. This is ignored for me as I have a selection of maps already with my own navit.xml. You will need to use the new navit.xml which has an include to pickup this file with a list of your new maps on it.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    ;_) I expected that someone will find it faster as we can start the new thread with the announcement. So I do a quick one before we mix everything up in this big thread => http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...her-navit.html

HaPe
    The latest version of Navit (0.5.0.4657M) does not work as expected. After entering an address (or using the new contacts default app option), it just crashes (PreMinus with 2.1.0)
    I use Navit (0.5.0 4657M) in Austria. I was getting sick of always having to switch the country from Germany to Austria whenever I enter an address, so I followed the Wiki instructions and put de_AT.utf8 into lang-override. Now Austria is indeed selected as the default country but the whole software now shows up in English, and the German speech output is trying to read English announcments, sounds awkwardly funny.

How do I get Navit to still run in German (menus, speech output), but with Austria set as the default country?

Thanks
    Max
    Hello all.

A couple of days ago I downloaded and installed the latest version of Navit on a brand new webOS 2.1.0 device. Navit was never installed on this device before.

What I noticed is that only one skin was installed (\appdata\org.webosinternals.navit\guis\00-default.xml).
    In different threads on this site I have read about different GUI, especially for the Palm Pre but there was no link for the download.

Can someone help me find the GUIs for Palm Pre?

Thanks.
    ANDY