Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 865
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #661  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    The funny thing is I have an nl.NL override file, but there's no Dutch instructions.
    This means a Dutch voice is speaking English instructions.
    I made a nl.BE override file. I hear no longer spoken instructions. Don't know if this is since I set the override file, or since the update to 2.1 earlier.

    Before I've heard spoken instructions in English.
  2. #662  
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    I made a nl.BE override file. I hear no longer spoken instructions. Don't know if this is since I set the override file, or since the update to 2.1 earlier.

    Before I've heard spoken instructions in English.
    Could be there's no voice for Belgium.
    There must be some way to duplicate a language and change the ID, or perhaps use hybrid codes?
    Like 'en.BE'?
  3. #663  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    The funny thing is I have an nl.NL override file, but there's no Dutch instructions.
    This means a Dutch voice is speaking English instructions.

    My wife thought I had downloaded an Afrikaner audio add-on
    I guess that in the lang-override file you can only use locale, which you have installed in your Pre. Look into /media/internal/.widk/usr/lib/locale/ directory if you have Dutch locale file present there. If not then your Navit can't speak Dutch, in my opinion.

    EDIT: And on top of that I think that Navit itself must have the right file with messages in your language compiled in.
  4. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
       #664  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Is there any way to get Navit to start in 2D mode ?
    Yes, change pitch to 0 in the navit.xml file. Now it should be 20.

    HaPe
  5. #665  
    Quote Originally Posted by tengler View Post
    I guess that in the lang-override file you can only use locale, which you have installed in your Pre. Look into /media/internal/.widk/usr/lib/locale/ directory if you have Dutch locale file present there. If not then your Navit can't speak Dutch, in my opinion.

    EDIT: And on top of that I think that Navit itself must have the right file with messages in your language compiled in.
    Here are the files I have in my Pre2. No file with dutch language (nl).
    I have changed my lang-override file now to 'en-BE'. I'll try tonight on my way back home, if Navit speaks now (in english).

    @GuyFromNam:
    could you take a look at these files on your Pre? Where did your 'Afrikaner' voice did come from with nl-NL? I don't see nl-NL between these files.


    Last edited by jandc; 03/18/2011 at 04:07 AM.
  6. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #666  
    This has been tried before to get the cs and he languages. Noradtux did a quick fix and it worked. So I think the libraries are there in NAVIT. So try copying an existing file and renaming it.
  7. #667  
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    Here are the files I have in my Pre2. No file with dutch language (nl).
    I have changed my lang-override file now to 'en-BE'. I'll try tonight on my way back home, if Navit speaks now (in english).

    @GuyFromNam:
    could you take a look at these files on your Pre? Where did your 'Afrikaner' voice did come from with nl-NL? I don't see nl-NL between these files.

    It's important to make a distinction between the voice module (part of Speech Dispatcher I guess) and the instructions (Navit).

    A Dutch voice exists. There are, however no Dutch instructions.
    The instructions are therefore in English, but pronounced as Dutch.
  8. #668  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    It's important to make a distinction between the voice module (part of Speech Dispatcher I guess) and the instructions (Navit).

    A Dutch voice exists. There are, however no Dutch instructions.
    The instructions are therefore in English, but pronounced as Dutch.
    how about this?
    https://translations.launchpad.net/n.../nl/+translate
    Apparently there is something; but can it be used in webos-navit?
  9. #669  
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    how about this?
    https://translations.launchpad.net/n.../nl/+translate
    Apparently there is something; but can it be used in webos-navit?
    LOL - I run a localization firm. I don't need to hear inexperienced bogus translations.

    Anyone, is there a way to pass the language to speech dispatcher in this line:
    Code:
    <speech type="speech_dispatcher" data="100" cps="15" />
  10. #670  
    OK, not sure why this is so I'll log the whole thing.

    1.
    I'm using a 'lang-override' file with 'nl_NL.utf8'
    Result:
    - I get The Netherlands as a starting country for destination search.
    - English onscreen
    - Dutch voice
    - English instructions


    2.
    Put the Pre in USB mode. In the following location:
    [PRE]:\.widk\usr\lib\locale\
    I duplicated the 'en_US.utf8' folder, and renamed it 'nl_NL.utf8'
    Results:
    - I get The Netherlands as a starting country for destination search.
    - Dutch onscreen
    Haven't tested what the audio yet.
  11. #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Yes, change pitch to 0 in the navit.xml file. Now it should be 20.

    HaPe
    Thanks, worked perfectly.
  12. #672  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    OK, not sure why this is so I'll log the whole thing.

    1.
    I'm using a 'lang-override' file with 'nl_NL.utf8'
    Result:
    - I get The Netherlands as a starting country for destination search.
    - English onscreen
    - Dutch voice
    - English instructions


    2.
    Put the Pre in USB mode. In the following location:
    [PRE]:\.widk\usr\lib\locale\
    I duplicated the 'en_US.utf8' folder, and renamed it 'nl_NL.utf8'
    Results:
    - I get The Netherlands as a starting country for destination search.
    - Dutch onscreen
    Haven't tested what the audio yet.
    Works with nl_BE.utf8 also! (Dutch onscreen and Belgium as starting point for destination search)
    And I've sound! (Dutch voice and Dutch instructions).

    Wonderful!!
  13. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #673  
    As I suspected, you just need that folder (and its files) in the locale. Now you may wish to edit the values to make it truly NL or BE appropriate rather than US centric.
    Last edited by PreRunr; 03/18/2011 at 07:55 PM.
  14. #674  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    As I suspected, you just need that file in the locale. Now you may wish to edit the values to make it truly NL or BE appropriate rather than US centric.
    Could you be more specific as to what you mean with this?
  15. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #675  
    I mean the locale Folder needs to be updated for the right currency, measurements, paper sizes (A4 not letter!) etc. Of course you may not care. You can do this by copying your Ubuntu folders found at /usr/lib/locale/nl_NL.utf8 assuming you have used it already for your webos 2.1.0 upgrade. Or I have done it for you and use the two zip files here. You can make new locale folders in Ubuntu if they are missing. Since I am language poor I cannot actually confirm its NL or BE, sorry.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  16. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
       #676  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    I mean the locale Folder needs to be updated for the right currency, measurements, paper sizes (A4 not letter!) etc. Of course you may not care. You can do this by copying your Ubuntu folders found at /usr/lib/locale/nl_NL.utf8 assuming you have used it already for your webos 2.1.0 upgrade. Or I have done it for you and use the two zip files here. You can make new locale folders in Ubuntu if they are missing. Since I am language poor I cannot actually confirm its NL or BE, sorry.
    Thanks PreRun you was faster again :-)
    We did not added all language combinations to the locale package that Navit and speechd supports.
    We tried to add the countries where the Pre was available at the time of building the package. But, as PreRun mentions, you can add more from the locale folder of a Linux installation.

    HaPe
  17. #677  
    Thanks but I have this SouthAfrican Afrikaner voice now that is quite hard to part with.
    It's hilarious!

    By the way, the app is great. It's the best nav device I've ever used (used a TomTom standalone and have Garmin on an old winmo phone).
    The gps fix and (re)calculation times are perfect.
  18. #678  
    Hi guys,

    I have a question about the GPS module in Pre devices. Firstly, I noticed how Navit reports current speed... it's always reported in some "increments" like 0 km/h, 4 km/h, 7 km/h etc., it never shows 2 km/h or 5 km/h. Initially I thougth it was caused by Navit but then I tried other applications like Mojo Tracker or GPS info and they all behaved in the same way. The speed is reported in the same way regardless if I have data turned on or off.

    Is it a problem of the GPS module? Or is it a matter of GPS configuration? Has anybody encountered the same problem? Has anybody managed to make Pre's GPS to report the current speed more precisely, in 1 km/h increments?
  19. #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    I mean the locale Folder needs to be updated for the right currency, measurements, paper sizes (A4 not letter!) etc. Of course you may not care. You can do this by copying your Ubuntu folders found at /usr/lib/locale/nl_NL.utf8 assuming you have used it already for your webos 2.1.0 upgrade. Or I have done it for you and use the two zip files here. You can make new locale folders in Ubuntu if they are missing. Since I am language poor I cannot actually confirm its NL or BE, sorry.
    Very strange:
    - with the 'en_US'-file that I did rename in 'nl_BE' all went well: Dutch onscreen, dutch voice, dutch instructions, Belgium as starting country.
    - with te 'nl_BE' file of PreRunr I have: English onscreen, english instructions (but dutch numbers: "follow the road the next driehonderd metres", ...
    - with the 'nl_NL' file of PreRunr it was the same.
    - when I did ask the same files of the Linux-Mint PC of my son, it is the same as with the files of PreRunr.
    So the non adapted, but only renamed en_US-files are doing it the best.

    Am I missing something in Navit using this renamed American Files?
    Paper size, currency, ... is of no importance for navigating. But measurements?
  20. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #680  
    Who does care about paper size! If your distances are unchanged then I guess it does not matter as Noradtux and HaPe will probably do their thing for a new update which will fix this issue as they probably know the difference between BE and NL speech. I have no idea as an Aussie, although may be I will find out in two weeks time when I go to WW1 battlefields in BE, and Rotterdam NL, then onto USA to get my Palm Palm Pre 2.

Posting Permissions