Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    I can't believe I hadn't come across this already!? Where has Navit been all my life?! As a UK Palm Pre user this has just the touchstone in my car a whole lot more useful!
    I'm aware this is very much work in progress, and i'm very excited to see what's in store! The major issue I'm having at the moment is with towns not being listed.
    From what I can see by reading through this thread- that seems to be an OpenMaps problem. I had heard of OpenMaps before discovering Navit, but I'm now contributing to OpenMaps for around my local area!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jherrera View Post
    Ok. I guess what I was looking for was this: git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/navit.git/tree - all/share/navit/xpm/. I looked at it before for the xml files, but couldn't find where the images were stored.
    Sorry, we changed the xml files some days ago but the wiki hasn't been updated yet. You find the standard OSD on your USB drive in /appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/osds .
    The folder should only contain one file that has the xml ending. The other examples are switched off by adding a .dis to the ending.
    Feel free to contribute new once.

The images are part of the app and can not be changed from the usb drive mode. But you can put new once on your usb drive and reference them as /media/internal/appdata/org.webointernals.navit/... Look into the 00-default.xml to see how to reference the images that are part of the app. You already find the list of images that are included in the git link you posted.

HaPe
    Hi,

first of all I would like to thank everybody involved in Navit development and also to everybody contributing useful information to this discussion thread.

I have managed to install the last Navit version sucessfully on my Pre 2 with WebOS 2.1. Everything works fine including the GPS. I just experience occasional crashes when navigating through menu, especially when trying to select a destination. Everything else works fine and fast.

The only thing that I'm still not able to manage is making Navit to speak my language. I have read through the whole thread but I haven't found a working hint how to change the language for routing directions. I live in Czech Republic however my Pre's language is set to English as Czech language is not available there. The "formats" (in Regional settings) are set to Czech republic but it's apparetnly not the information Navit uses to identify the locale. The Speech Dispatcher claims to be able to "speak" Czech. I also checked /media/internal/.widk/usr/lib/locale/ directory and cs_CZ.utf8 file for Czech locale is there.

Reading through this thread I understand that Navit takes the Pre's system locale to choose the directions language. My question is if there is any way of activating Czech locale on my Pre or overriding Navit to use Czech locale instead of the system locale.

I also tried to download a translated .PO file (navit_navit-cs.po) created by the Navit team but I don't know how to make Navit application to use this file.

Any suggestions are welcome!
    As an addition to posting #641: When using Navit on WebOS 2.1.0 in Germany (UTC+1h), the estimated time of arrival is shown one hour earlier. Seems to be a time zone issue. I have no idea, whether it's due to WebOS 2.1.0 itself, or some change in the current Navit version. But the procedure for calculating the ETA (or the local time as used for switching between day and night mode) should be revised, IMHO.
    My guess is that WebOS doesn't place the timezone-data where it's supposed to be on a linux-system. I currently don't have much time for working that one out, so please hang on a bit (or find the source of the problem for me )

EDIT:
    As it turned out the problem was solvable using the jailer. So the time should be ok now
    Last edited by noradtux; 03/12/2011 at 04:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    My guess is that WebOS doesn't place the timezone-data where it's supposed to be on a linux-system. I currently don't have much time for working that one out, so please hang on a bit (or find the source of the problem for me )

EDIT:
    As it turned out the problem was solvable using the jailer. So the time should be ok now
    Yep, I updated to the new version in the test feed, and it shows the correct time.
    Thanks!
    I managed to make Navit speak Czech!!!!!!!

After playing with Novaterm for a while I discovered a way how to "switch" Navit to use another supported language regardless of what is the "system locale".

For those interested here are the instructions. Just create a new text file named lang-override and write your language code into it. This is an example for Czech language:
    Code:
    cs_CZ.utf8
    Copy this file to /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit, e.g. by attaching Palm to your PC as USB drive. Or you can use a file manager (like Internalz) to create the file on Palm directly. Or you can use terminal ... it's up to you.

After launching Navit, all the menus are in the desired language and Navit gives audio instructions in the right language. And on top of that, the city selection screen has the right country preselected!

Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Yep, I updated to the new version in the test feed, and it shows the correct time.
    Thanks!
    +1. Thanks a lot. Used Navit for quite a while now. Very useful. Where can I place my donation, please?

Regards

Carsten
    Hi All,
    So I've had Navit for a few week now and it has always started up just fine, but now when I try to open it, it won't start.
    I've tried deleting it and restarting the device and luna, nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Oh also, I am still running 1.4.5 not 2.1
    Last edited by SalvatoreCostello; 03/13/2011 at 10:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SalvatoreCostello View Post
    Hi All,
    So I've had Navit for a few week now and it has always started up just fine, but now when I try to open it, it won't start.
    I've tried deleting it and restarting the device and luna, nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Oh also, I am still running 1.4.5 not 2.1
    Did you by any chance install the latest update?
    Quote Originally Posted by tengler View Post
    I managed to make Navit speak Czech!!!!!!!

After playing with Novaterm for a while I discovered a way how to "switch" Navit to use another supported language regardless of what is the "system locale".

For those interested here are the instructions. Just create a new text file named lang-override and write your language code into it. This is an example for Czech language:
    Code:
    cs_CZ.utf8
    Copy this file to /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit, e.g. by attaching Palm to your PC as USB drive. Or you can use a file manager (like Internalz) to create the file on Palm directly. Or you can use terminal ... it's up to you.

After launching Navit, all the menus are in the desired language and Navit gives audio instructions in the right language. And on top of that, the city selection screen has the right country preselected!

Enjoy!
    I asked this question a few times already and you just answered it. Thanks!
    Finally my system locale is no longer used for a destination search.

This should be included in the instructions as the way to get Navit to start up in your country.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I asked this question a few times already and you just answered it. Thanks!
    Finally my system locale is no longer used for a destination search.

This should be included in the instructions as the way to get Navit to start up in your country.
    Feel free to contribute to the wiki: Application:Navit - WebOS Internals

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Did you by any chance install the latest update?
    yes, I even deleted and reinstalled and it still won't open. Really strange I just get a black screen for a second and then i'm back to the desktop
    Try to uninstall, then delete everything in
    /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit
    using Internalz or USB-mode.
    Then reinstall and recopy your map file.

Kinda brute force but seems to help.

HTH, uwer
    Today I installed the latest update of Navit via Preware. After that I had to perform a clean reinstall of Navit, since the updated version refused to start (this problem has already been reported here), deleting all files and folders manually via Internalz.

Now, Navit smoothly starts (no 20 sec lag anymore), but instead of the full-German-version I'm used to it' all English now (menus, osd, tts)... :-(

How can I change it back to the German locale? The trick using a lang-override.txt doesn't work...

Pre- o2de w/ 1.4.5 UberKernel
    Last edited by Dredd110; 03/13/2011 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post

HaPe
    Will do. I usually don't have the balls to mess with important stuff like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredd110 View Post
    Now, Navit smoothly starts (no 20 sec lag anymore) ...
    Nice. I tried the same, a re-install, & now Navit starts after only about 3 seconds. No more lag.

Is there any way to get Navit to start in 2D mode ?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post

HaPe
    Way back in a forgotten post I tried this change of locale trick to no success in another way. Thanks to our newcomer tengler its solved! The Wiki notes this very handy solution.
    just installed the new version 0.5.0.4254M on my unlocked PRE2 running at 2.1.0, now I get a GPS fix rather than all the 0's as previously recieved on 2.0.1. However now my GPS location is incorrect. NAVIT say 51.52'42" N by 0.31'45" E, but 'GPS info' app downloaded from appstore shows my position as 51.86'99 N by 0.39'78" E Which I have checked with google and is correct. I have novatermed into my pre2 and run 'echo $LC_ALL' and this returned nothing which I'm assuming is correct, as per a suggested solution to resolve incorrect position reported. Nothing i have tried seems to resolve. Any ideas??????
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Way back in a forgotten post I tried this change of locale trick to no success in another way. Thanks to our newcomer tengler its solved! The Wiki notes this very handy solution.
    The funny thing is I have an nl.NL override file, but there's no Dutch instructions.
    This means a Dutch voice is speaking English instructions.

My wife thought I had downloaded an Afrikaner audio add-on