Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilrah_il View Post
    I just got it working (sort of) on Pre 2. I'm not on my home computer, so this is from memory, hope it helps. If you have any problems, tell me and I'll give you more accurate instructions on Saturday/Sunday, when I'm home.
    Connect the Pre to your computer in USB mode.
    In the Navit folder (appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/), there is a subfolder with the different layouts (I think it is called layouts). In it the first file is "01 - car.xml" (give or take). Edit the file. Somewhere in the beginning you will find this line:
    <layout name="Car" color="#ffefb7" font="Liberation Sans">

Change the font to SansFree (that's what is used in the hebrew patch from PalmPreacher).
    After a restart, you wil have Hebrew, but(!!!):
    1) RTL (Right-to-Left) will not work, meaning all the Hebrew names will be backwards (ירושלים -> םילשורי).
    2) There is currently no way to enter addresses in Hebrew, since the in-program keyboard does not support Hebrew and I found no way to paste text from the Hebrew on-screen keyboard app.
    So in essence, still not ready for use.

Noradtux/Hape:
    Any way to workaround those problems, esp. no. 2? Without an input method in Hebrew, the program is useless for navigation.

Thanks, It did the trick. But you are right about the direction on the font. At this point I can see Hebrew but the map is unusable.

I really hope that the guys from Navit will be able to find a solution to this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I'm currently using a device I got on ebay (EU GSM really cheap).

I have no idea what the history is of this device, but chances are slim to none the previous owner applied the ebag33 hack to get standalone GPS.
    Guess what: I installed 2.1 and have standalone GPS. I can navigate with Navit in airplane mode. Can anyone confirm?

Otherwise I will have to doctor back to 1.4.5 and run a test in airplane mode.
    With the latest test-version of Navit working on Webos 2.x now, I can navigate with Navit on a Pre2 (with Webos 2.0.1! not 2.1) also in airplane mode. Without the ebag33 hack!
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I installed the version from the testing feed, it won't stay open. I get a flash of black, then it closes. Removed, reinstalled, device reset, same results.
    I started over, removed the file from appdata, re-downloaded the testing feed version, re-installed the maps and now it works.

Question-imperial units-is it an option or not? The wiki says it is, but I don't understand how to enable it.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Question-imperial units-is it an option or not? The wiki says it is, but I don't understand how to enable it.
    If you want to use imperial, just add imperial="1" into your navit tag, i.e.

<navit ... imperial="1" ... >

This is in the navit.xml text file about Line 36. This file is in appdata\org.webosinternals.navit so you do this in USB mode with a text editor.
    so I just type that line in? I didn't see line numbers, how can I know where to add it? Sorry for the newb question. :-)
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Its the line that starts with <navit
    Mine looks like
    <navit center="0x10b6f5 0x6c435d" zoom="64" tracking="1" orientation="-1" recent_dest="10" autozoom_active="1" pitch="20">
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Its the line that starts with <navit
    Mine looks like
    <navit center="0x10b6f5 0x6c435d" zoom="64" tracking="1" orientation="-1" recent_dest="10" autozoom_active="1" pitch="20">
    That worked! MPH, yeah! Thanks
    Latest F105 Kernel is now working with Navit! PDK apps no longer giving TMC error on startup! ThunderChief FTW!
    I'm a newbie to webos. Mine is palm pixi plus with webos 1.4.5.

I just installed navit two days ago and it launched ok. However, yesterday preware showed that there is an update for navit, and then I installed the update. After the update, navit can not open. It just opens, shows black screen for a few seconds and then close itself.

Can anyone tell me how to roll back to the version before update? Or how to fix it? I read some post mentions some kernel but I have no idea how to do it. Any useful link? Thank you very much in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I can confirm this.
    With zero cards open. Doesn't give this error on stock kernel.

Thunderchief: TMC
    UK 800: no TMC
    UK 1000: no TMC

Checking UK.
    There seems to be a bug in those kernels. (If you use those kernels, you hopefully know the rules). Please report these problems in the threads for those kernels and stick to the Palm- or UberKernel if the others don't work for you.
  11. Fuu
    Navit also wont start for me after the latest update (Pre- 2.1.0 uberkernel).
    no error or anything, even the launcher wont disappear.

before the last update i didnt get a GPS signal...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuu View Post
    Navit also wont start for me after the latest update (Pre- 2.1.0 uberkernel).
    no error or anything, even the launcher wont disappear.
    Had the same. Rebooted the phone, was able to start Navit again afterwards. Perhaps webOS 2.1 on a Pre- is really a little much for this device...

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    There seems to be a bug in those kernels. (If you use those kernels, you hopefully know the rules). Please report these problems in the threads for those kernels and stick to the Palm- or UberKernel if the others don't work for you.
    I'm the GuyFromNam. I know ALL the rules.
    But what rules exactly apply to being friendly and just posting info that might be useful to other users who encounter the same issue?
    I've read other threads, and wiki(Application:Navit - WebOS Internals), but can't get the skin to change. According to the wiki you remove the comments to the skin you want to use, and comment the current one. At the end of the navit.xml file, I see this:
    Code:
    <!-- A very simple OSD ... -->
    <!-- <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/navit_gui.xml"/> -->
    <!-- Pre OSD based on http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/OSD_Layouts#nibbler01_v0.2_for_Netbook_.26_widescreen -->
    <!-- <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/navit_gui_pre.xml"/> -->
    <!-- OSD made by Stefan G. / AndrejDelany -->

<xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/guis/*.xml"/>
    <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/osds/*.xml"/>
    <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/layouts/*.xml"/>
    <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/vehicle-profiles/*.xml"/>
    I have also seen threads about deleting the old navit.xml file, but this is a new install. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by jherrera; 03/07/2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: code edit
    Just a heads up for anyone using Navit with imperial units (UK). The speed and distance calculation for navigation work well although distances are quoted in miles and feet rather than miles and yards (but that's not a big issue). There is however a problem with the speed warner in Navit using Open Street Maps for the UK where the speed limit for some of the roads have been incorrectly tagged on the maps in imperial units. In metric mode Navit simply reports the speed limits in km per hour so that a road with a speed limit of 30 mph becomes 30km/h. In imperial mode Navit converts the embeded imperial speed limit as if it were in km/h so that a road with a speed limit of 30 mph is "converted" down to 19 mph!! In both cases Navit reports the vehicle as speeding when you are aren't. I know it's not a webOS porting issue but it does mean that currently the speed warner will not function for some UK roads - even in imperial mode.

Update: It seems as if Navit reads the maps correctly but the problem is that the maximum speed tag on OSM UK maps are often entered incorrectly. If they are not tagged correctly with a space before the mph, the default is in km/h so "30mph" or "30" is read as 30km/h whereas "30 mph" is read as 30 miles per hour.
    Last edited by PreGP; 03/14/2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Has anyone been able to change the skin since the update? On another note, I want to create a skin, and have been reading through this:OSD - Navit's Wiki. Any advice? Which format do I save the images in? Creating an XML file? Samples?
    I'm trying to get used to Navit, one question-where does it get the time? When it's giving directions and shows the arrival time, it's 7 hours later than my actual time. I don't see anything in Settings to change it.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jherrera View Post
    Has anyone been able to change the skin since the update? On another note, I want to create a skin, and have been reading through this:OSD - Navit's Wiki. Any advice? Which format do I save the images in? Creating an XML file? Samples?
    Read your link again there are many examples there and you already have a bunch of skins in /osds as xml files.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I'm trying to get used to Navit, one question-where does it get the time? When it's giving directions and shows the arrival time, it's 7 hours later than my actual time. I don't see anything in Settings to change it.
    I think you have found a bug. I am also finding that I get the night map again during the morning! This used to happen and its back at GMT time. A big difference here! O2 Pre- with uberkernel screenstate.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Read your link again there are many examples there and you already have a bunch of skins in /osds as xml files.
    Ok. I guess what I was looking for was this: http://git.webos-internals.org/?p=ap...8770a346c66389. I looked at it before for the xml files, but couldn't find where the images were stored.