Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    I just pushed a new version to the testing-feed. It should restore compatibility with WebOS 1.4.5. Have fun with testing it
    The latest Navit 0.5.0.42540-1 comes up with a TMC error when loading on webOS 2.1 w/ F105 OC Kernal. Working for anyone else? The previous version was working. (w/o OC kernal) if have time will take off the kernal and see if that is the issue. Just FYI...

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    The new version does not start either. Running on Pre+ 2.1, but with no OC kernel.

Previous version did start up, but did not get GPS location, this one just shows the card, then closes itself...
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    No OC/Govnah yet, starts OK, talks and has GPS on Pre- 2.1.
    Works on at&t pre + 2.1, including routing and speech. Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    The latest Navit 0.5.0.42540-1 comes up with a TMC error when loading on webOS 2.1 w/ F105 OC Kernal. Working for anyone else? The previous version was working. (w/o OC kernal) if have time will take off the kernal and see if that is the issue. Just FYI...

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    I un-installed the F105 OC Kernel and now Navit runs again! I will try installing UberKernel and see how that fares and switch back to F105 and report back.

Update : Works with UberKernel I will wait for the next update of F105 and try again with it.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Last edited by CaliMark; 03/01/2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: UPDATE:
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttt_ttt View Post
    My O2 GSM Pre- on webOs2.1.0 with Navit from the testing feeds does not get a gps fix.
    As I don'T have a SIM card in it, I shut down all phone connects (except wifi for home use). So no positioning except GPS.
    Other GPS programs (speedmeter minimap...) have no problem getting a fix.
    Hi, can you check the GPS settings. I have in mined that someone reported that something is switched off there by default after the update to 2.1

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    To all with problems with the latest version.
    Please post you log. We can not help without the information what is going wrong.

You find the log on your USB drive in /appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.log

If you use webOS 2.1 you need to do a full restart after installing the version. It will not work without it

HaPe
    installed on pre (-), wobos 2.1 + UK, runs just fine.
    Just one question, is there any way to see Hebrew on the map?
    All I see is [][][][][]...
    Thanks
    No GPS here, Verizon Pre 2 running 2.01.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    No GPS here, Verizon Pre 2 running 2.01.
    try going into Location services >Preferences drop down menu >Locate me using>select 1)GPS and 2) google services an it should work.You welcome.if at first it doesn't work try a restart of your device
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    try going into Location services >Preferences drop down menu >Locate me using>select 1)GPS and 2) google services an it should work.You welcome.if at first it doesn't work try a restart of your device
    I did reset the device.
    So I can't use just GPS alone?

I tried it with google services and GPS on, still no location, all 0's for the vehicle. Google maps and Map Tool both had my location correctly. I am using the current version from Preware.

Thanks
    Last edited by broncot; 03/03/2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: updated with test results
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I only use GPS as it always works on my GSM phone using 2.1.0. BUT maybe its the Verizon phone that is the problem. Check for other Verizon users on this forum using only 2.01.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSoDizzy View Post
    installed on pre (-), wobos 2.1 + UK, runs just fine.
    Just one question, is there any way to see Hebrew on the map?
    All I see is [][][][][]...
    Thanks
    I just got it working (sort of) on Pre 2. I'm not on my home computer, so this is from memory, hope it helps. If you have any problems, tell me and I'll give you more accurate instructions on Saturday/Sunday, when I'm home.
    Connect the Pre to your computer in USB mode.
    In the Navit folder (appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/), there is a subfolder with the different layouts (I think it is called layouts). In it the first file is "01 - car.xml" (give or take). Edit the file. Somewhere in the beginning you will find this line:
    <layout name="Car" color="#ffefb7" font="Liberation Sans">

Change the font to SansFree (that's what is used in the hebrew patch from PalmPreacher).
    After a restart, you wil have Hebrew, but(!!!):
    1) RTL (Right-to-Left) will not work, meaning all the Hebrew names will be backwards (ירושלים -> םילשורי).
    2) There is currently no way to enter addresses in Hebrew, since the in-program keyboard does not support Hebrew and I found no way to paste text from the Hebrew on-screen keyboard app.
    So in essence, still not ready for use.

Noradtux/Hape:
    Any way to workaround those problems, esp. no. 2? Without an input method in Hebrew, the program is useless for navigation.
    I am confused. I thought Navit cannot get GPS data in webOS 2.x because there is a permission bug in Palm's GPS API. Now I am reading reports that people use it at least with webOS 2.1.0 on homebrew-patched-up devices. Has this been fixed by Palm?

Hape, can I ask you to clarify what the state of the API and Navit is for both webOS 2.0.1 (as found on Pre 2) and webOS 2.1.0 (as officially available for O2 Pre Plus)?

Max
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    there is a new version of navit in the testing feed of preware that works (intermittently, for me) on WebOS 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilrah_il View Post
    there is a new version of navit in the testing feed of preware that works (intermittently, for me) on WebOS 2.
    Yeah, I have it installed. I was just wondering how they got around the webOS bug, if they did, or whether it was fixed in webOS 2.1.0.

Max
    I installed the version from the testing feed, it won't stay open. I get a flash of black, then it closes. Removed, reinstalled, device reset, same results.
    Further to my previous post about not being about to get the correct GPS fix with Navit in certain areas:

When I use Navit east of a certain longitude (it seems to be 1 deg 0' 0" W), the GPS reports my position as being about 150miles to the east of where I am. This seems to be consistent with different phones and different versions of the UK OpenStreetMap. It also occurs with the beta app "mapp" but not with Google Maps or Trapster. When I am west of this line, Navit reports my position accurately even when I am in a very rural and isolated area like rural parts of Wales. The app GPSInfo reports my position correctly wherever I am. I never used to get this problem with webOS 1.5.4 so I presume this is still the GPS bug reported about in webOS 2.xx

Could it be that Navit running on webOS 2.xx fails to correctly read longitudes with values between 1.0 and -1.0 (between 1 degree West and 1 degree East)? If so, it might also struggle with latitudes between one degree north and south of the equator. Anyone on the equator able to confirm this?
    Last edited by PreGP; 03/20/2011 at 01:11 PM.
    I'm currently using a device I got on ebay (EU GSM really cheap).

I have no idea what the history is of this device, but chances are slim to none the previous owner applied the ebag33 hack to get standalone GPS.
    Guess what: I installed 2.1 and have standalone GPS. I can navigate with Navit in airplane mode. Can anyone confirm?

Otherwise I will have to doctor back to 1.4.5 and run a test in airplane mode.
    So I get Navit to start on webOS 2.1.0, it gets a fix, loads openstreet maps, even calculates a route.

However when I use the GUI, sometimes it just closes unexpectedly. The Navit log does not reveal anything conclusive (at least not to me):

Code:
    ------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------
    Fri Mar  4 17:13:31 UTC 2011
    Navit log started
    Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
    graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_new:using screen 320x480@32

(process:2144): GLib-WARNING **: In call to g_spawn_sync(), exit status of a child process was requested but SIGCHLD a
    ction was set to SIG_IGN and ECHILD was received by waitpid(), so exit status can't be returned. This is a bug in the
    program calling g_spawn_sync(); either don't request the exit status, or don't set the SIGCHLD action.
    map_binfile:map_binfile_zip_setup:num_disk 0
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    navit:osd_set_std_graphic:accesskey (null)
    gui_internal:gui_internal_set_refresh_callback:cond=(null)
    sh: gdb: not found
    config file n is set to `/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    map_rect_new_textfile unable to open textfile /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//bookmark.txt
    graphics_sdl: image_new on '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/share/navit/xpm/gui_st
    rength_-1_32_32.png' failed: Couldn't open /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/share/n
    avit/xpm/gui_strength_-1_32_32.png
    This is on a Pre- with meta-doctored webOS 2.1.0. I am using Uberkernel with 16MB compcache. Failed with 32MB compcache also.

I have not been able to find any specific conclusive steps to trigger this. It just happens sooner or later if I tap around in the GUI.

Max