Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Hi, guys, I haven't looked into it yet, but Navit recently gained (partial?) support for imperial measurement units. So that code will be in the next testing release.
    I don't know about the handling/usage of it, so please don't ask (yet).
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Handy for Aussies visiting Uk and US, but I feel sure lots of users will be ecstatic! I will be testing everything again in my April visit to FR, BE, NL and US.
    Its been a while since I last tried Navit.. can someone quickly tell me if its now got navigate/search by postcode (UK ?)

My normal satnav has developed some screen glitches..so maybe try navit again ?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi All,

I create some patches to support Navit in BFGmaps and Klicktel for routing. Yu can use the both apps as normal. Wen you found you destination you will see that there is a button to use Navit or Google maps for routing.

You can find the patches to test here => http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...25#post2865425

I will add them to Preware if the test results are positive.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Installed using webosquickinstall for patch, Pre rebooted by itself, checked webosquickinstall for patch (it was listed), started bfgmaps went to directions, entered location and destination, got google directions but saw no button for NAVIT. Can you show a screen picture?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Installed using webosquickinstall for patch, Pre rebooted by itself, checked webosquickinstall for patch (it was listed), started bfgmaps went to directions, entered location and destination, got google directions but saw no button for NAVIT. Can you show a screen picture?
    Ok, sorry for that. You need to find your Target by the normal search function (the magnifying glass).
    Then tap on the house icon that is shown at the found position.
    You will see a pop-up Menu with some entries, including the "Route with Navit" Entry.
    This will work the same way in the BFGMaps favorites screen.

If you search for "hamburg hotel" you will get small icons on the screen. When you tap them you have a "Directions to" entry. If you select it you will get a Dialog asking if you want to use Navit or Google.
    That one is not fully working for me as the entries seem to have no coordinate values.

HaPe.

P.s. Please add any discussion/question about the patch to the new thread I created. This thread is already big with all the main Navit stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    OK I've updated Navit to the latest version (0.5.0.4238-1) which claims to be webOS 2 compatible and it now does indeed seem to get a GPS fix and show it on the map on my Pre2 running webOS 2.01. Unfortunately it seems to be inaccurate by about 150km and shows my position as being in the North Sea off the coast of Norfolk. Interestingly this same GPS error is shown by the beta app "mapp" but Google Maps reports my position correctly. Any ideas?

Update:
    The next day I tried again driving around in my car - the GPS seemed to get a fix with Navit and I managed to navigate home successfully. Since that one triumph however Navit hasn't succeeded since - is back to reporting my position in the North Sea again!
    Last edited by PreGP; 02/27/2011 at 03:39 PM.
    Can I ask where you got 0.5.0.4238-1? The version I just got from PreWare was .0.5.0.3939-4. I really need this app before leaving town this weekend.

Scratch that, forgot to enable the testing feed in Preware after the 2.1.0 doctor yesterday.
    Last edited by cdbillups; 02/24/2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Correction
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Just meta'd to 2.1 on a Sprint Pre, looking to this app to replace Sprint Navigation.

Anyone have any luck with the new 2.1 image everyone's putting on their Pre's?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Still trying to get to 2.1.0 on O2 Pre-. Then load preware then NAVIT!
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Alright, good I'm off to sleep after hours of meddling/fixing with 2.1.0 . PreRunr, I wish you luck! If you get it working, please post back in this thread so tomorrow I can see
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Installed NAVIT via preware after copying previous setup across via USB. Set position and destination and it started talking then went outside to get GPS. Google Maps works OK but NAVIt didnt seem to get GPS lock.
    PreRunr: Me too. But following the first post, that issue is known and will be fixed. Was also a bit disappointed to find NavIt not working on 2.1 but according to the other great work I don't think it will take long to be "back in action".
    Side Note: Using a german Telefonica/o2 Pre+ with the official 2.1 WebOS-release. No GPS-Request from the application. (Google Maps is asking for location based services access for example, NavIt does not.)

Kind regards, Bigfoot29
    maybe because its a pdk app, i dont know if they ask for it?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Tried again and it started talking, and the location is right! Maybe just needed a few reboots and re-installs of 2.1.0, so it is going now with GPS only. BigFoot29 try again? BTW I do not have Location services turned on as I am in Adelaide on the 5th floor which does block the full satellite coverage.
    Don't know whether this will help solve the mystery with Navit and webOS 2.xx but.....

I have two GSM Pres - an unlocked Pre2 with webOS 2.01 and a O2-UK Pre-minus doctored to webOS 2.1.0. Both are now running Navit 0.5.0.4238-1 (the supposedly webOS 2 compatible version). Both have also been hacked with ebag333's GPS assisted mode hack. Both of them seem to intermittently get a GPS fix and display the correct bit of the map but for both it seems to depend where I am.

If I'm in certain locations (and it's the same locations for both phones) Navit works fine. In other locations the map suddenly clears without warning and shows my position as being in the North Sea! The strange thing is that although I'm showed as being in the North Sea my relative position continues to change so that the speed indicator in Navit still shows the speed I'm travelling. The areas where I can get a fix seem constant and are not dependent on weather conditions, views of the sky etc. I'm wondering whether this version of Navit is using mobile phone masts to get a fix rather than actual GPS satellites when running on webOS 2.xx (my doctored Pre-minus had no difficulty getting a GPS fix with Navit when it ran webOS 1.45). That might explain the above behaviour as Navit seems to work fine in urban built up areas and seems to lose the fix in rural areas where the mobile phone signal is weaker or there are fewer transmitters. Google Maps and non-PDK apps work fine wherever I am. Anyone else had similar experience running Navit on webOS 2.xx ?

Perhaps I'll try tomorrow using Navit in urban areas with the GPS turned off and in aeroplane mode with the GPS turned on.
    Last edited by PreGP; 02/27/2011 at 01:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Since I only run GPS and not Google location service, I do not have this problem. I suspect location service is always used first. Bad weather is normal your way so no clear blue sky like here? L band is affected by rain and Pre's have small antennas (better to be car mounted of course).
    My O2 GSM Pre- on webOs2.1.0 with Navit from the testing feeds does not get a gps fix.
    As I don'T have a SIM card in it, I shut down all phone connects (except wifi for home use). So no positioning except GPS.
    Other GPS programs (speedmeter minimap...) have no problem getting a fix.
    I just pushed a new version to the testing-feed. It should restore compatibility with WebOS 1.4.5. Have fun with testing it