Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Thank you, bureX, now it works like a charm... My fault..^^
    Even thank you Hape for helping with the fix! Now Navit works perfectly again!
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    No it is not. Only speechd and locae are required.

HaPe
    Does the wiki page then need to be changed. Point 2 says the espeak ipk is required?

Gx
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Does the wiki page then need to be changed. Point 2 says the espeak ipk is required?

Gx
    That is for the alpha test version for WebOS 1.4.1, there espeak is required.
    We talk about the Beta version in the Preware testing feed for 1.4.5. There point 2 say that only speechd and locale are required and automatically installed.

But anyway. Thanks for the crosscheck and the Hint. So someone even read it :-)

HaPe
    I installed navit and the maps for my city, but cant navigate, do i need a data connection for this to work?
    no it shouldnt need a data connection to navigate...

Im having a strange problem... i installed the new release from preware (i had an old version installed before, but uninstalled it before i installed this new version, the folders on the USB parition where still intact, like my map)
    navit started fine but crashed all the time when i tried to enter a Street, (the applications just closed).
    after that i tried to reinstall it, but deleted all config/xml files on the USB parition to make a new clean install.
    now the reinstalled version doesnt even start anymore... nothing happens after i tab the icon.
    tried reinstalling and rebooting several times.

PS: im running web os 1.4.5 on my o2 GSM pre
    You are hit by the fstab-bug. Please read the first post of this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...on-system.html
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    no it shouldnt need a data connection to navigate...

Im having a strange problem... i installed the new release from preware (i had an old version installed before, but uninstalled it before i installed this new version, the folders on the USB parition where still intact, like my map)
    navit started fine but crashed all the time when i tried to enter a Street, (the applications just closed).
    after that i tried to reinstall it, but deleted all config/xml files on the USB parition to make a new clean install.
    now the reinstalled version doesnt even start anymore... nothing happens after i tab the icon.
    tried reinstalling and rebooting several times.

PS: im running web os 1.4.5 on my o2 GSM pre
    Read the first post how to check and fix for the OTA bug that is in 1.4.5

HaPe
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htpcMe View Post
    I can confirm that making the changes to fstab corrected this problem for my german Pre
    thx, starts like a charm
    so persons on 1.4.5 that want to try this program really need to wait until palm changes this unless we learn the linux commands.but i guess this is why navit is in the testing feeds.is there any simple step by step tutorial to solve this problem because all the instructions are assuming that knowledge of linux is fairly widespread
    i have an idea?if the folder /appdata/org.webosinternals.navit is on USB drive of persons with the fstab problem is it possible for persons with the files in there to upload it for us to copy it onto our usb files and then put it in this folder to subsequently put in our own maps and adjust the navit.xml file?Is this idea just so crazy that it just might work?
    I really wanna try this!! Hurry up 1.4.5!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    i have an idea?if the folder /appdata/org.webosinternals.navit is on USB drive of persons with the fstab problem is it possible for persons with the files in there to upload it for us to copy it onto our usb files and then put it in this folder to subsequently put in our own maps and adjust the navit.xml file?Is this idea just so crazy that it just might work?
    i dont think so... this was the situation i had, but navit still crashed when i tried to routing, maybe it tries to write to its files at that moment
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    start Novaterm:
    cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.speechd/
    spd-say 'This is a test'

If the text is spoken then the speechd is installed and the service is running

HaPe
    Yes that works fine but speech still isn't working from Navit. Do I have the correct version of Navit..its showing 0.2.0 3490M

Thanks

Gx
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Did you check if the written direction instructions are there? No instructions mean no speaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Did you check if the written direction instructions are there? No instructions mean no speaking.
    Where do I find the written instructions?

Gx
    can the fstab changes be made on the webos quick instal commandline or do i have to instal the entire SDK methods.can some post step by step instructions on the commandline methods please or would that be too risky for most 'quick instal nonlinux programming user'.i would really like to try Navit but this is my last stumbling block
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Where do I find the written instructions?

Gx
    You will find them in Main Menu > Route > Description. The speech daemon uses these once your GPS location is locked in.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    You are hit by the fstab-bug. Please read the first post of this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...on-system.html
    How do you type a pipe in terminus?

I tried copying from email, but that did not seem to work.
    Last edited by TomD; 07/13/2010 at 10:45 AM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Orange . = Pipe

I.e., Orange button, then "." (period).

try this
  20. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    So quick question, is it possible to look at the code of sprint nav and see what it calls for text to speach?
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast