Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Unfortunately the latest version of Navit in the testing feed (0.5.0.3922-2) refuses to run at all on a Pre 2. It runs OK on a Pre minus but takes about 20 seconds to start up (even running Uberkernel/Govnah at 1GHz). Also "Maps" in the menu has become "Karten" although the rest of the menu is in English with the GB eng locale.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    Unfortunately the latest version of Navit in the testing feed (0.5.0.3922-2) refuses to run at all on a Pre 2. It runs OK on a Pre minus but takes about 20 seconds to start up (even running Uberkernel/Govnah at 1GHz). Also "Maps" in the menu has become "Karten" although the rest of the menu is in English with the GB eng locale.
    Pre2 should run after the last update. That maps-menu slipped through, will be fixed in the next version.
    Navit 0.5.0.3939-4 has fixed the running on a Pre 2 and the Maps menu issue. Thanks. Hope we get the GPS fix issue sorted out with WebOS 2.1 when that finally arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    Hope we get the GPS fix issue sorted out with WebOS 2.1 when that finally arrives.
    I really hope so. Also I hope that WebOS 2 will finally come to the older Pre's
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I recently upgraded to v0.5.0.3939-4 from the last stable 0.2.0 version, and have a question about the OSD. The release notes mention changes to the speed warner, but I can't find any further info. On my pre+ it just stays as a grey zero inside a grey circle...nothing changes as I drive, and I know some of the roads I've been driving on are severely under-marked for their speed limits in OSM. Am I missing something?
    The new stable release looks great! much more responsive, and easier to navigate through menus and the maps.

Please, please, please add support for US (City, State). Using this program is nearly impossible without this in the US...
    Alternatively, does anyone know of a city, state to lat/long app? That would help.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    The new stable release looks great! much more responsive, and easier to navigate through menus and the maps.

Please, please, please add support for US (City, State). Using this program is nearly impossible without this in the US...
    Alternatively, does anyone know of a city, state to lat/long app? That would help.
    Speaking of this--I understand the limit on just City (based on where Navit is in the development process, and that the US isn't it's primary audience) but can someone explain where Navit gets it's city lists from? I only downloaded the eastern third of the US from OSM, but I get cities from well outside the downloaded area in my search. So I click on them, and the listed lat/long is obviously wrong (they seem to be listed west to east as well, so the one I'm looking for seems to always the bottom of the list...at least I just figured out that I could minimize the keyboard. was that always there?)

The "Town" function would be much more useful if the only cities I saw were ones inside my map range.
    I've just applied ebag33's GPS hack to my Pre 2:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2847308

Still coming up with a blank map though...
    My log says:

Fri Feb 4 09:55:33 UTC 2011
    Navit log started
    Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file

(process:1619): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in transport.c:2259

(process:1619): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Invalid permissions for (null)

(process:1619): LunaService-CRITICAL **: sh != NULL from mainloop.c:65 @ LSGmainAttach

(process:1619): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in transport.c:2259

(process:1619): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Invalid permissions for (null)

(process:1619): LunaService-CRITICAL **: sh != NULL from mainloop.c:65 @ LSGmainAttach
    vehicle_webos:vehicle_webos_open:PDL_ServiceCallWithCallback failed with (2): (Unable to dispatch service call)

(process:1619): GLib-WARNING **: In call to g_spawn_sync(), exit status of a child process was requested but SIGCHLD action was set to SIG_IGN and ECHILD was received by waitpid(), so exit status can't be returned. This is a bug in the program calling g_spawn_sync(); either don't request the exit status, or don't set the SIGCHLD action.
    map_binfile:map_binfile_zip_setup:num_disk 0
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    navitsd_set_std_graphic:accesskey (null)
    gui_internal:gui_internal_set_refresh_callback:cond=(null)
    sh: gdb: not found
    config file n is set to `/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    map_rect_new_textfile unable to open textfile /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//bookmark.txt
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I've just applied ebag33's GPS hack to my Pre 2:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2847308

Still coming up with a blank map though...
    My log says:
    The current version of webos 2 has a bug. We hope it is fixed in the next release. See the first post.

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    The current version of webos 2 has a bug. We hope it is fixed in the next release. See the first post.

HaPe
    Yes, I read that.
    I was hoping ebag33's hack would lead us around that. Pretty cool to have a fix in airplane mode.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    the last update broke the app.
    4100 fixes the breakage
    can't get it to run on a pre minus after updating. I was on version 0.2 something, now on 0.5. Have tried remove then install from scratch but still no joy. Get a black screen for a few seconds then just closes.

log file and config file attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Given that quite a number of countries drive on the left side of the road (including UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Japan, India, Pakistan, Malaysia etc) would it be possible to produce a webOS version of Navit for these countries that includes an alternative set of roundabout icons (ie ones where the arrow goes clockwise rather than anti-clockwise)? An alternative set of roundabout icons for Navit has been produced and are available here: Index of /roundabouts but these would have to be incorporated into the Navit files before porting to a Left-Driving WebOS version of Navit. Would this be difficult? See this trac for more information: #459 (correctly choose (mirrored) roundabout icons for UK and other left-driving countries) – Navit
    I'm having a problem with the latest Preware available version of Navit on a VZW Pixi Plus. It often crashes to "desktop". I have the whole US map installed from the link in the Wiki (bounding box version) and it does load the map and stays open for awhile. It closes the card with no onscreen error message. I can collect log entries if you let me know which you need to troubleshoot.

Regarding City selection: Is it possible to add the State the City resides in next to the City/Town name? Or is this something that needs to be done upstream by the primary Navit developers?

Update:
    This may be a related bug: http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/564
    Last edited by AWChuck; 02/07/2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Added link
    I have never had any luck in getting this app to run properly. Even with the latest updates installed it completely froze my phone just now making it necessary to *remove the battery* to even reboot. It also will list multiple towns of the same name with no state info so you don't know which "thistown" you're selecting for a destination. This is one of the worst apps I've spent any time on, sorry to say -
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Sorry to see USA users having such troubles. The town/city/state/country list has not been implemented as so few countries have states. The NAVIT developers would welcome US contributors I expect. In the meantime, first stop using the whole of the USA. Split your maps into regions or just states using the multiple map setup explained here Application:Navit - WebOS Internals. This way you turn on and off which states you need. This removes the huge list of multiple towns problem and makes everything just work faster and with less memory issues. I have used the cloudmade US states selection for convenience at CloudMade Downloads. There is a message somewhere saying that they may not be working right, but I haven't had time to check and I know the old ones still do.
    Last edited by PreRunr; 02/09/2011 at 08:30 PM.
    The "Karten" bug seems to have slipped back into the English menus again in version 0.5.0.4113-3 !
    Thanks for the map suggestion but it does nothing to address the issue of the frozen phone which unfortunately makes *any* suggestion regarding the app irrelevant -
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jthore View Post
    Thanks for the map suggestion but it does nothing to address the issue of the frozen phone which unfortunately makes *any* suggestion regarding the app irrelevant -
    And you did verify that the 1.4.5 upgrade issue is fixed on your Pre minus?
    NAVIT works for everyone else on 1.4.5 not for those on 2.0 though. Can you post the first few log file lines? This should be fixable for you.