Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. sancho_sk
    noradux: A question come to my mind - let's be honest, the OS update will take a LONG time.
    Is there some possibility of releasing some special version that can cover for the defect? Let's say detect the OS version and if it is 2.0 or 2.0.1, use the workaround with a 1 second interval of position request, if it is >2.0.1, use the standard call?
    I'd love to have a working navigation in my phone, to be honest...
    +1
    if that should be possible....
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    I wonder if HaPe could edit the OP of this thread to add there is currently a bug in WebOs versions 2.00 and 2.01 which prevents Navit from working but this should be fixed by Palm in the next update.
    Good idea, done.

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho_sk View Post
    noradux: A question come to my mind - let's be honest, the OS update will take a LONG time.
    Is there some possibility of releasing some special version that can cover for the defect? Let's say detect the OS version and if it is 2.0 or 2.0.1, use the workaround with a 1 second interval of position request, if it is >2.0.1, use the standard call?
    I'd love to have a working navigation in my phone, to be honest...
    Sorry, I asked that to Palm and they told me that they use the same API's internally that I currently use. So it wouldn't work. There seems to be a quite central bug in permission handling, there is currently no workaround.
  5. sancho_sk
    not to oppose your feedback, but I have multiple gps apps that work - also some from preware sources - gps dashboard, simple gps tracker, latitude updater, etc.
    the point is - others clearly can work with the location info...
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho_sk View Post
    not to oppose your feedback, but I have multiple gps apps that work - also some from preware sources - gps dashboard, simple gps tracker, latitude updater, etc.
    the point is - others clearly can work with the location info...
    Yes but that are all MOJO (speaking HTML, Javascipt) apps not PDK (speaking native Linux C apps). The bug only effect native C apps ...

The only other native C apps that also use GPS are the sprint and O2 Navigation apps. I expect them to have the same problem.

HaPe
  7. sancho_sk
    OK,let me tell it the other way.
    I was a proud owner of Sygic mobile maps for Android (excelent app) and I was trying and testing the Navit there, too.
    Right now I am with no real navigation app on my Pre2. I love the phone, but to wait for the HP update could mean 6 and more months and in the meantime, I'd probably decide to go back to Android
    I love the phone and I would miss it a lot, but I spent an hour yesterday lost in Prague
    I believe that there is some way - e.g. write a script, that will use MOJO interface to GPS and write it to some pipe and modify the C library to read it, or whatever. I am not a developer, to be honest, I just know a few keywords, but this seems as real possibility - even Navit itself states it is possible to read the coordinates from file, but the documentation is useless
    I have no doubts you as the main programmers could write a temporary workaround much faster than HP to release the firmware update using OTA.
    Hi all

I've just installed navit on my pre2 and not surprisingly, based on this thread, it hasn't worked. So that I don't have to wade through all 28 pages of this thread, can someone summarise the current status of navit for pre2. What needs to happen, how long will it take, and how will we be notified once it's working?

Also, I notice everyone is now referring to version 0.5.0xxxx. The version I loaded through preware is 0.2.0 3541M. How do I get the latest version?

Richard
    Last edited by richardbrown45; 01/04/2011 at 02:27 PM.
  9. sancho_sk
    @richardbrown45: It's easy.
    The navit software is totaly OK.
    The problem is within the permission setup of integrated Palm API. As this is bad, the navit is not working.
    According the devs, the API will be fixed in "next OverTheAir" update of WebOS. The only problem with such sentence means it could be within a month, a year, or... ...or never
    Well thanks for the clear answer anyway, even if it's not what I wanted to hear. Let's hope...
    This Question may have been asked before but, I'm not getting my car location on my Pre 2, 2.0.1?
    Any idea, I followed everything as it is said on Wikki

Access to GPS to apps is always on in Location Services

Thanks
    Same problem. Access to GPS to apps is always on in Location Services but don't work in any application. I use F105 / Govnah.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    This Question may have been asked before but, I'm not getting my car location on my Pre 2, 2.0.1?
    Any idea, I followed everything as it is said on Wikki

Access to GPS to apps is always on in Location Services

Thanks
    Read the first post:
    Navit is working on WebOS 2.0. There is a bug in WebOS2.0 that prevents Navit from getting any location information. So you will have to wait until it is fixed in the next OTA update. Anyway for some users it is working. You can give it a try but do not be surprised if you do not get an GPS fix.

HaPe
    Is there any info that concisely explains how to make use this application on the Pre? I got it installed and working and added a map but found it the least intuitive gps system I have ever tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Is there any info that concisely explains how to make use this application on the Pre? I got it installed and working and added a map but found it the least intuitive gps system I have ever tried.
    1) Tap on the map then tap on Settings then Display then AutoZoom off

2) Tap on the map then tap on Settings then Display then 2D

3) Scroll through the map until you can see the location that you want to drive to.

4) Zoom in tight on the screen, if necessary. Tap on your destination on the map.

5) When Navit opens its main menu, tap on actions.

6) Tap on the globe icon.

7) From the menu that pops up, select navigate to this location.

8) Depending on the distance you asked it to go, Navit should pop up the first driving direction and speak it to you within 5-10 seconds.

9) Tap on the map then settings then display then 3D

10) Tap on the map then settings then display then AutoZoom on
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Check the webosinternal Wiki page for Navit. You will find all the information there: Application:Navit - WebOS Internals

HaPe
    Apologies if this has already been reported but the release notes link in the Preware description doesn't link to the correct version.
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    Apologies if this has already been reported but the release notes link in the Preware description doesn't link to the correct version.
    Yes, that's basically because of my lazyness
    There where no noteworthy changes on the latest testbuilds, just random bugfixes, so I didn't think about the relase notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    1) Tap on the map then tap on Settings then Display then AutoZoom off

2) Tap on the map then tap on Settings then Display then 2D

3) Scroll through the map until you can see the location that you want to drive to.

4) Zoom in tight on the screen, if necessary. Tap on your destination on the map.

5) When Navit opens its main menu, tap on actions.

6) Tap on the globe icon.

7) From the menu that pops up, select navigate to this location.

8) Depending on the distance you asked it to go, Navit should pop up the first driving direction and speak it to you within 5-10 seconds.

9) Tap on the map then settings then display then 3D

10) Tap on the map then settings then display then AutoZoom on
    Is this indeed the only way to navigate to a destination? I have never been able to it by entering a "town", then street, then house number. My map doesn't seem to know any of the towns in my area, such as Vancouver! I thought maybe I had bad map data.

Can someone please comment on this. Is this being worked on? Is there a way to get map data that will support this kind of navigation?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Other methods are given at Application:Navit - WebOS Internals. Please note the country of choice (see the little flag), it needs to be the Canada flag to recognise Vancouver in a Canadian map. I can get to streets but numbers are not yet working for me.