Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 865
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    Navit installed fine on webOS 2.0.1. Starts up. I can look in the maps I downloaded.
    But indeed no GPS fix! Car location stays always 0 0'0", 0 0' 0"
    Navit log started
    vehicle_webos:vehicle_webos_open:PDL_ServiceCallWithCallback failed



    Richard, did you use ebag33's gps-fix?
    I did not yet try this.
    Nope, i am not familiar with this...
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
  2. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
       #502  
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    Navit installed fine on webOS 2.0.1. Starts up. I can look in the maps I downloaded.
    But indeed no GPS fix! Car location stays always 0 0'0", 0 0' 0"
    Navit log started
    vehicle_webos:vehicle_webos_open:PDL_ServiceCallWithCallback failed



    Richard, did you use ebag33's gps-fix?
    I did not yet try this.
    Hi Jandc,

    that is the same error we got from one other webos 2.0 user and also some Webos 1.45 users. Until now we was not able to nail down why it happens for some users.
    The code gets an error message from WebOS when it tries to register for the GPS data.

    We would be happy if you are able to find a way around it. We are not able to reproduce the problem on our Pres, so we have no way to debug it.

    HaPe
  3. #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi Jandc,

    that is the same error we got from one other webos 2.0 user and also some Webos 1.45 users. Until now we was not able to nail down why it happens for some users.
    The code gets an error message from WebOS when it tries to register for the GPS data.

    We would be happy if you are able to find a way around it. We are not able to reproduce the problem on our Pres, so we have no way to debug it.

    HaPe
    Hi HaPe,
    I'm not a Linux or a webOS guru. So I will not find a solution for this myself. I hope some other users can and will post it here. So I can fix it too on my Pre2.
    It's not urgent for me. I still use TomTom5 on my old PalmTX, so I can find my destination . But the maps are old and I like the way one can cut out a map for Navit.
  4. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
       #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    Hi HaPe,
    I'm not a Linux or a webOS guru. So I will not find a solution for this myself. I hope some other users can and will post it here. So I can fix it too on my Pre2.
    It's not urgent for me. I still use TomTom5 on my old PalmTX, so I can find my destination . But the maps are old and I like the way one can cut out a map for Navit.
    You do not need to be a Linux or webos gugu for that. Only try different setting for enbeling/dissabeling the GPS/BT/wlan services and try the different GPS fixes.
    After every change start Navit and a other GPS enabeled app (e.g. google maps) and check if you get your position. In Navit you see it if the R: in the upper right corner shows something else the 0.0

    HaPe
  5. #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Only try different setting for enbeling/dissabeling the GPS/BT/wlan services and try the different GPS fixes.
    After every change start Navit and a other GPS enabeled app (e.g. google maps) and check if you get your position. In Navit you see it if the R: in the upper right corner shows something else the 0.0

    HaPe
    Did try several ways. The Pre2 always give me acurate GPS info (Interactive test > GPS > all right! + Google Maps > position > all right!).

    Installed 'GPSfix' from App Catalog. Sometimes it gives good gps info, but sometimes this app gives errors too (Error Received: No Code Passed).

    Only Navit always stays R=0,000000m
  6. #506  
    It is awesome this application is coming out of alpha being using it for almost 2 months, it is a great app as here in mexico google maps doesn't even work for normal directions to a street.

    I'm on a sprint pre, still on webos 1.4.1.1, should i still keep the alpha version i have or should try to install the version that is on preware test feeds?

    Thanks.

    P.D. for me the best source for downloading maps is cloudmade, as it is more local based to the city, rather than the country.








    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________
    bet online
    bingo sites
  7. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
       #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvanahue View Post
    I'm on a sprint pre, still on webos 1.4.1.1, should i still keep the alpha version i have or should try to install the version that is on preware test feeds?
    sorry the current version will only work on WebOS1.4.5 and above. You have to wait to get on 1.4.5

    HaPe
  8. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #508  
    You can install 1.4.5 on your mexican phone now there is a forum topic on this.
  9. #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    Did try several ways. The Pre2 always give me acurate GPS info (Interactive test > GPS > all right! + Google Maps > position > all right!).

    Installed 'GPSfix' from App Catalog. Sometimes it gives good gps info, but sometimes this app gives errors too (Error Received: No Code Passed).

    Only Navit always stays R=0,000000m
    GPSfix (James Harris) works no more. Worked only first time use. Now it always gives: "Error Received: No Code Passed"

    Mapping Tool works on my Pre2. Gives always very fast and accurate GPS info!

    Navit never gives GPS info. Stays R=0,000000
  10. #510  
    anyone found a solution for pre 2 yet?
  11. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #511  
    Wish I had one to test it out. I think HaPe has and is working on this.
  12. #512  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    sorry the current version will only work on WebOS1.4.5 and above. You have to wait to get on 1.4.5

    HaPe
    did you get it to run on Pre 2 in the meantime?
  13. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
       #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Wish I had one to test it out. I think HaPe has and is working on this.
    No neither me nor Noradtux have a Pre2. We can only count on the posts of Pre2 uses here and in the irc.
    All I know is that Navit itself is working. Navit is not able to register for the GPS messages on some Pre2 devices and we have no glue why.

    HaPe
  14. #514  
    Just updated Navit via Preware.
    There is no flag displayed. How do I change the country?
    Can't it default to last know location on earth?
  15. #515  
    Can confirm the latest version of Navit has a problem with the menus - they are too closely spaced,they have lost their icons and the "Town" action has now lost lost the flags for the country. This is similar to a bug in the app a few months ago.
    Last edited by PreGP; 12/22/2010 at 04:35 PM.
  16. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #516  
    Fri Dec 24 09:05:47 CST 2010
    Navit log started
    Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
    Perhaps this is the cause of our woes. This version v0.2.0.3813-1 has failed so you need to revert to v0.2.0.3784-1 at http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...84-1_armv7.ipk
    Last edited by PreRunr; 12/23/2010 at 07:01 PM.
  17. #517  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Fri Dec 24 09:05:47 CST 2010
    Navit log started
    Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
    Perhaps this is the cause of our woes. This version v0.2.0.3813-1 has failed so you need to revert to v0.2.0.3784-1 at http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...84-1_armv7.ipk
    Done. Thanks.
    Installed via Preware.
    Had to remove higher version first.
  18. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
       #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Fri Dec 24 09:05:47 CST 2010
    Navit log started
    Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
    Perhaps this is the cause of our woes. This version v0.2.0.3813-1 has failed so you need to revert to v0.2.0.3784-1 at http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...84-1_armv7.ipk
    Noradtux pushed a new version to the testing feed yesterday. Try this one. It works for me without problems.

    HaPe
  19. sancho_sk
    sancho_sk's Avatar
    #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc View Post
    Did try several ways. The Pre2 always give me acurate GPS info (Interactive test > GPS > all right! + Google Maps > position > all right!).

    Installed 'GPSfix' from App Catalog. Sometimes it gives good gps info, but sometimes this app gives errors too (Error Received: No Code Passed).

    Only Navit always stays R=0,000000m
    I was just wondering if I did not found the problem of the location not working...
    I was running through the script at webos-internals for lighthttpd.
    Following sould return the latitude and longitude:
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.location/getCurrentPosition {} 2>&1 | cut -d, -f4,5 | sed -r 's/[^-\.0-9,]//g'
    Unfortunately, on pre2 the fields returned are in different order, so in order to work, the -f4,5 needs to be modified to -f5,6 as the resulting string has different field order.
    Can the same thing be wrong with navit?
    How can I find out how the GPS position is read inside the navit code? Maybe I can try to fix and test...
    Last edited by sancho_sk; 12/25/2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Code tags added
  20. sancho_sk
    sancho_sk's Avatar
    #520  
    Does anyone know how to create a fifo on pre2? My idea is to actualy write a script, that will periodicaly ask the luna-send for GPS coordinates, write them to the pipe and set such pipe as a source for the navit - that should work as a workaround, shouldn't it?
    Anyhow, I have big trouble find the file source format for navit - I found the NMEA source possibility from rfcomm/tty, also some option to read from file, but, unfortunately, with no description of format

Posting Permissions