Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    Sometimes the Navit installation fails to create the correct entry in the file navit.xml. Try opening appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.xml with Internalz and check that the map section is as follows:

Save the file and restart Navit and it should work.
    No dice...can I delete the whole navit dir via internlz and start over from zero?

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Whats the message in the log file, that tells you what is happening, instead of guessing?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Whats the message in the log file, that tells you what is happening, instead of guessing?
    i don't expect guessing, i just didnt want to post a bunch of logs without being asked to do so or being told which specific logs were needed.

i've had to dr due to preware getting closed during an uberk update...it's been hell since...i'll revisit navit once i can stabilize my device.
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    I changed the navit.xml as above. Still just get a black screen for a few seconds. Heres navit log:

------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------
    Thu Oct 21 05:45:51 CDT 2010
    Navit log started
    navit:file_data_read_compressed:uncompress failed
    Thu Oct 21 05:46:03 CDT 2010
    Navit log started
    Thu Oct 21 06:28:09 CDT 2010
    Navit log started
    vehicle_webos:vehicle_webos_callback:Location Callback errorCode 5
    Thu Oct 21 06:28:59 CDT 2010
    Navit log started
    navit:file_data_read_compressed:uncompress
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Four times you have failed to read a faulty map plus one time your GPS was not working. Cloudmade maps are back online so try a new Florida one.
    just got a brand new fresh map from cloudmade: ! D:\palm\florida.navit.bin.zip: CRC failed in florida.navit.bin. The file is corrupt

edit: tried again and this .zip seems to be good. i've put it in the maps folder via usb. the navit.xml is correct. GPS on, will try it out shortly once i'm out in the open.
    Last edited by jhodnettejr; 10/21/2010 at 06:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I also confirmed zip was OK and was about to see if I could mail it. You can check the map without GPS. Create a bookmark at your location. Use OPTION2 Application:Navit - WebOS Internals
    I had to dl the map twice but, It worked! Now, i'll hit the wiki for usage instruction...
    Howdy
    I attempted to install the Navit app and it now shows as an available app to launch. However, when I launch it, it shows that I highlighted it by turning foggy, but then it doesn't do anything. I searched thru this thread (and the last one), but I did not see a similar situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running a palm pre plus with webOS 1.4.5
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I think its the problem decsribed in post #1, the steps to fix it are there.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Thanks to HaPe and noradtux for the latest upgrade r3612 with new features and a font change. At last when I swipe back it works! The new keyboard for selecting countries and towns looks better but it takes over most of the space so I don't get to see the list of towns, can you shrink it back to the previous size?
    Last edited by PreRunr; 10/29/2010 at 08:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    The new keyboard for selecting countries and towns looks better but it takes over most of the space so I don't get to see the list of towns, can you shrink it back to the previous size?
    Hi, i had the same problem until noradtux told me that you can use the down arrow in the middle of the last row to close and open the keyboard.

HaPe
    I have installed the newest revision to Navit using PreWare. The previous revision spoke the directions; the most recent revision defaults to "text directions".

I cannot locate the "espeak" application by Preware on my Palm Pre. Was it installed with the newest Navit install? I will be revising the navit.xml file to use espeak shortly.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Navit uses the speech dispatcher now. It does get installed by preware. You should see it in the launcher with the big red lips. I would suggest that if you had a very old Navit that you save your old navit.xml elsewhere, remove all the *.xml files and do a reinstall. Then compare your old navit.xml with the new one and make changes it needed. I would need to do this as I have a big selection of maps installed.
    The Navit revision installed is v0.2.0. For the list of all applications, I have Speech Dispatcher v0.7.1-6. I'll try out what you suggested.

I followed the route Navit gave me to work today. The "blue dot" followed the route, but the bottom part of the screen with the street names & the direction box never changed from my starting point. Is it possible, reinstalling the program with an upgraded .xml file will cure this?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Since you have a blue dot and not a little car (see wiki it has red rear lights!) following the route, I infer that you are using the old *.xml files. To get the new ones you need its best just to remove all *.xml files
    I just installed navit with the maps for my country (argentina) and so far it show my position with a blue dot, but I can't make it show me how to get to certain points and it's quite slow to move on the map, it shows a blank map with tons of pink dots

Is there a quick guide to use it functions ? I'm used to using garmin gps, but I can't get this to work, and all the guides I see are for customizing the app withint the xml file
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Did you look here Application:Navit - WebOS Internals for several ways to plan a route?

You should see a real map with roads when you get a gps fix.

At present its true that to customise you need to alter the navit.xml file. If you have garmin map files it tells you how to use them, but navigation is not working yet. You do this via the usb mode (or putty/ssh) and a text editor on your pc/mac. Internalz (free install using preware) can also be used to do this without a computer attached to the Pre.
    Last edited by PreRunr; 10/30/2010 at 09:36 PM.
    You were correct...I was using an old revision. Most of my concerns were answered. I'm still not getting voice commands even though the navit.xml command appears to be correct. Maybe I'll reinstall the speech dispacher.
    Is there a way to delete and reinstall either the speech dispacher or espeak application?