Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    the last update freezes the phone
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferchope View Post
    the last update freezes the phone
    Next update is in the testing feed. It is working again.
    One patch for the POI handling had problems.

The version in the normal feed was not updated and is still working.

HaPe
    I posted this a while back but I haven't seen any answers yet.
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I experience the same issue as other users: some cities cannot be found whereas on the Navit map they are clearly present and spelled correctly. I can even zoom in on them online at Navit :: Planet Extractor.
    Example: Haarlem in The Netherlands (not a very small town...)

Also, does the 'locale' setting change the starting country when inputting a destination?
    I'm presented with a UK flag each time, and I would really like to just start in The Netherlands.

I can live with the menu structure, as I'm sure you have more pressing issues to attend to.
    I'm one of the users who actually thinks this is a better nav app than most out there.
    Excellent recalculation!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I posted this a while back but I haven't seen any answers yet.
    Thanks in advance!
    Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Q. I experience the same issue as other users: some cities cannot be found whereas on the Navit map they are clearly present and spelled correctly. I can even zoom in on them online at Navit :: Planet Extractor.

A. Yes its not user friendly yet. You must choose the Flag for the town before you can find it. Otherwise it only uses the locale of your phone which is UK for you and so you will not see a NL town.

Q. Also, does the 'locale' setting change the starting country when inputting a destination?
    I'm presented with a UK flag each time, and I would really like to just start in The Netherlands.

A. Yes it does, if you change your language in the Webos Regional Settings app BUT you will find that there is no NL option there, You must have chosen en-GB to get the UK flag.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by piotrr View Post
    Hi,
    I've the same problem. Navit seems worked and localizes my position but the map is yellow with a only a blue dot and cities names.
    In the navit directory, I havn't any logs.
    I use a palm prprpré + $and$ $WebOs$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $and$ $the$ $fstab$ $bug$ $is$ $fixed$.
    i'm having the same problem. at first it was dark and a blue dot. now everything is yellow. top left red blank and 0 km/h. i install the map, but can't get this thing to work. help
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    tedonow,

Please read the posts after the one you quoted and also read the wiki at Application:Navit - WebOS Internals
    Note that you have a log file to read at appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.log. This always helps in solving the issue. At first only have one map.
    Any way to stop it from keeping saying "Please decrease your speed"? It's telling me to go 10km/h on a 60km/h road...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Any way to stop it from keeping saying "Please decrease your speed"? It's telling me to go 10km/h on a 60km/h road...
    In the testing feed version you can only do this by removing the seed warner object from the gui xml definition.
    The current implementation falls bag to the street speed, used for calculation, if no max speed is defined for that street. This will be changed to switch the seed warner off if no max street speed is defined.

HaPe
    For folk who find the whole US Navit map file too large to download, here are the individual downloads for maps of each of the 50 states:

Alabama
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    California
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Florida
    Georgia
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky

Louisiana
    Maine
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey
    New Mexico
    New York
    North Carolina
    North Dakota

Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Oregon
    Pennsylvania
    Rhode Island
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Vermont
    Virginia
    Washington
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Wyoming

Edit:
    Just updated the links - for some reason the old ones had stopped working but the new ones seem to be OK now
    Last edited by PreGP; 10/17/2010 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Q. I experience the same issue as other users: some cities cannot be found whereas on the Navit map they are clearly present and spelled correctly. I can even zoom in on them online at Navit :: Planet Extractor.

A. Yes its not user friendly yet. You must choose the Flag for the town before you can find it. Otherwise it only uses the locale of your phone which is UK for you and so you will not see a NL town.

Q. Also, does the 'locale' setting change the starting country when inputting a destination?

A. Yes it does, if you change your language in the Webos Regional Settings app BUT you will find that there is no NL option there, You must have chosen en-GB to get the UK flag.
    Still, one question left unanswered.

Some locations cannot be entered as destinations, but they are clearly visible on the actual map. What causes this and can it be solved?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Still, one question left unanswered.

Some locations cannot be entered as destinations, but they are clearly visible on the actual map. What causes this and can it be solved?
    The reason is the OSM Map. Navit can not get a street into his index if the definition to which city a street belongs is missing in the OSM data.
    If this is the case then you can find the street by scrolling the map but you will not find it in the index. As fare as i know the Navit team is searching for a solution to fix it, but have no idea how fare they are.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i installed navit (with locale / speechd), started it once, then closed it.
    i had downloaded a map (osm_bbox_-13.0,33.6,34.1,72.1.bin (europe), 1,9gb) and copied it to /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps/.
    after starting navit again, it asks for using gps, the screen gets black, then the launcher is to be seen.
    I tried another map (osm_bbox_5.2,46.8,15.5,55.6.bin (germany), 700 mb), but get the same error.

the log file says:
    Thu Oct 10 18:22:17 CEST 2010
    Navit log started
    vehicle_webos:vehicle_webos_callback:Location Callback errorCode 5
    map_binfile:map_binfile_open:Failed to load '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//maps/*.bin'
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    navit:debug_dump_mallocs:mallocs 0
    ------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------
    Thu Oct 10 18:41:21 CEST 2010
    Navit log started
    navit:file_data_read_compressed:uncompress failed
    ------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------
    Thu Oct 10 18:52:03 CEST 2010
    Navit log started
    navit:file_data_read_compressed:uncompress failed
    what to do?

palm pre, os 1.4.5, germany, 3gb free, fstab bug is fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    In the testing feed version you can only do this by removing the seed warner object from the gui xml definition.
    The current implementation falls bag to the street speed, used for calculation, if no max speed is defined for that street. This will be changed to switch the seed warner off if no max street speed is defined.

HaPe
    There's several in this directory
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/dist_files/

Is this where I modify? Which one should I modify?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Its in the navit_gui_PreNav.xml file in /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit. Line starting with <osd enabled="yes" type="speed_warner" change yes to no. I reckon this should stop it.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post

the log file says:

what to do?

palm pre, os 1.4.5, germany, 3gb free, fstab bug is fixed
    It looks like you are not getting the map file downloaded without errors. Try a cloudmade map (dont forget to unzip it before you put it on the phone) or the Garmin Free Basemap.

Also this message does not look good. vehicle_webos:vehicle_webos_callback:Location Callback errorCode 5
    This test occurs JUST before the GPS data is processed so my guess you have turned GPS off somehow.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    gps is activated, i can work with maptool.
    i downloaded the map for germany from: "http://maps.navit-project.org/api/map/?bbox=5.185546875,46.845703125,15.46875,55.634765625" and got a file named "osm_bbox_5.2,46.8,15.5,55.6.bin".
    is this file compressed?
    and how to unzip it?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Unzip the Cloudmade one.
    Hi folks,

I just downloaded Navit. If I try to launch the icon just glows for a few seconds then nothing.

While I downloaded the first time I got an error message. After it did not launch I removed the app via preware and reinstalled. This time it downloaded successfully, although preware did not ask me about dependencies the second download.

Does not budge when I try yo launch.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    In /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.log post some lines in the log file.
    I just did some more reading and I needed to run Fstab fixer. Thanks for the fast reply. I will see if the fstab fixer works. I did try looking for an answer prior to posting; gues just not enough looking