Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    I just installed the app and got a map for my area. Everything works great. The directions are spot on and tell me when and where to turn. The only question I have is about the voice. Is there any other options? I know the app was made mostly for european users and I know everyone but the U.S. measures in kilometers. But is there any future plans or any way of getting one specifically for the U.S. where it will say the directions in miles instead? Just curious. This is a great app already. Im not complaining one little bit.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    There are other voices with speechd/espeak but not yet available in this version. The imperial measures patch is being looked at but progress has been slow #12 (Add imperial measurements) – Navit
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I just installed the app and got a map for my area. Everything works great. The directions are spot on and tell me when and where to turn. The only question I have is about the voice. Is there any other options? I know the app was made mostly for european users and I know everyone but the U.S. measures in kilometers. But is there any future plans or any way of getting one specifically for the U.S. where it will say the directions in miles instead? Just curious. This is a great app already. Im not complaining one little bit.
    Hi all US users, at the moment we are only two (really only one, as I do more support/docu stuff and norsdtux do the real development). For that reason we focus on the main problem areas.

Also we are both from Germany the miles patch is not our prio one patch. I expect the same is true for the original Navit development team. For that reason I do not expect that the miles patch or the state selection to be in the original Navit code in a short time frame. We always try to be as near as possible on the original Navit code stream.

So we would be happy if some US developer join in to adapt the miles patch fro the WebOS version and add the state selection (if possible, not sure if the state data is in the OSM maps).

HaPe
    Couldn't find the Italian language here:
    https://www.hp-jochmann.de/Download....25779B002EC6EC

Either I can't understand what to copy or it just isn't there, any clue?
    Got Navit installed and working as soon as 1.4.5 was available for my US AT&T Pre Plus.

As others have mentioned here, I cannot wait for a way to switch to imperial, although I agree that metric measurements make more sense, Rod.

The most important thing I would like to have figured out would be how to enter a destination address or coordinates. I got my maps from the planet extractor and I only did Georgia and Florida.

So far the only way I have gotten navigation to work is to save my current location as a bookmark to navigate to later. I will try the function of moving my map to the destination and then making a bookmark, but this is understandably not a very efficient way to do this.

All in all I am excited to have a navigation solution on my phone that does not require data.

One interesting thing I noticed is that when I have Trapster (to alert me of red light cameras and live police speed traps) running in the background and Navit in the foreground, Trapster will lag behind Navit and when I close Navit and bring Trapster to the front, I see Trapster animate my path that I took in the previous few minutes till it reaches my actual position.
    For me it's the opposite, Navit will lag and I have to tap the screen for it to catch up or switch to another card.

Maybe it's slow on my Pixi Plus?
    Can someone confirm that routing is possible for Garmin maps on the current version of Navit?

According to post #340 in this thread, it does not work. So I'm not sure whether this is addressed or fixed in the current version.
    Do you have instructions for the "Navit novice"? I have the map on my screen and a blue dot. How do I plan a route?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by precal.hdh View Post
    Do you have instructions for the "Navit novice"? I have the map on my screen and a blue dot. How do I plan a route?

Thanks.
    Look at
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Navit
    [QUOTE=PreRunr;2675163]Look at
    [url]
    Bad URL ?
    BTW What does the box with 2 speeds do/mean ?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Not bad url webosinternals.org is down. Your speed and the "speed limit" for the road.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Not bad url webosinternals.org is down. Your speed and the "speed limit" for the road.
    Not exactly the "Speed limit" for the road. It is the speed that Navit uses for this road when calculating. In most cases this is also the "speed limit" for this road.
    e.g. in Germany we have no speed limit on some highways, but Navit still shows 120km for this roads.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    The roadmap of the Navit team can be found here Roadmap for Navit
    For all how are interested what the original Navit team is working on to change/fix in the next version. If the change was made in the original Navit code you can expect that it will show up in the Navit port soon.

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    For me it's the opposite, Navit will lag and I have to tap the screen for it to catch up or switch to another card.

Maybe it's slow on my Pixi Plus?
    No, it isn't. But the full-screen mode is broken on the Pixi:

Quote Originally Posted by jaegerc View Post
    [...] Now I realized that if I watch Navit in card-view, the map scrolls absolutely fine!

It seems there is an issue with screen-refresh when running it in full-screen on a Pixi.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Not exactly the "Speed limit" for the road. It is the speed that Navit uses for this road when calculating. In most cases this is also the "speed limit" for this road.
    e.g. in Germany we have no speed limit on some highways, but Navit still shows 120km for this roads.

HaPe
    While driving on your autobahns in March ( I have a VW R32 in Adelaide max 110 allowed) my Tomtom would note the 120 limit then remove it when there were no limits, but my rental car had trouble over 160 Thats why the "" around speed limit.
    The website you sent me gives me an internet error:

Error 503 Service Unavailable
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by precal.hdh View Post
    The website you sent me gives me an internet error:

Error 503 Service Unavailable
    Server was down. Not is it back up => Application:Navit - WebOS Internals

HaPe
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Hi

Being using Navit for a month or so and I must say it gets better after each update... It grabs satellites quite fast (much faster than the IGO app I used on my HTC Diamond), but I think it still has some work needed to be totally usable

Got some questions and some issues... Iīll start with the issues

1. When selecting a destination it never picks the shortest nor the fastest route... Actually it picks the longest and most bizarre one, to the point that even if Iīm driving the shortest route it will keep telling me to turn around to pick the route he chose until Iīm getting close to destination, then he picks the right route

2. Language is in german I think, except for the distance which he says in spanish (just the numbers)...My phone is set to spanish...I would love to get directions fully in spanish

3. I see no major difference between 2D and 3D... is there some way to change the pitch angle of the map to get some more depth

4. Sometimes he wonīt let me pick a street as destination that does appear depicted in the map (like my home street, itīs in the map, but itīs like if it isnīt in the database)

Now with the questions:

1. At which stage of the project are you guys actually at? I say this because I can see there is some room for improvement regarding interface, specially with menus... Please donīt take this the wrong way, I really appreciate your work and the efforts put into it, itīs just that it looks like youre living that for the end of the project

2. How can I put the map in landscape mode?

Thatīs all I can think of for now...Please keep up this great work
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I'm in Texas USA, when I load the map of Texas it works Ok.
    When I load a map of Israel(planning a trip there), I don't see the map.
    Do I need to changr the locale? and if soo how do I do it?

Thanks
    how many gb is the US Map ?