Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Just got it installed, maps loaded and everything runs as it should on my 1.4.5 VZW Pre Plus with the Emergency fstab patch.

It certainly is geared towards our friends in Europe. The way it works is impressive, but admittedly not of much use to us Yanks since it's very difficult (in my opinion) to locate an address in the way most of us are accustomed to doing on dedicated GPS units. For driving to general areas like cities, which can be initiated simply by finding it on a map and tapping, it's quite good.

This is a slick app that I'm proud to have on my webOS device, and I look forward to future development that might bring easier/more specific route initiation, as well as the ability to select between metric and imperial units.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi,

attached is a layout that I'm working on. Changes until now
    - More documentation with comments
    - It includes two new Layouts (Car OSM, Navit snow)
    - The route is shown in green/yellow on the road and not in blue below the road
    - Moving is shown on the blue circle that represents your position

To test it replace the "appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit_layout.xml" with the attached on. Backup the original one that you can go back if you don't like it.

What do you think?

HaPe
    Like the color change, easier to see in the car - no problems so far - thanks for all the work
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Show us the start of the latest log file, say 20 lines.

Thu Sep 16 22:31:25 EDT 2010
    Navit log started
    map_binfile:map_binfile_open:Failed to load '/patch/to/map.bin'
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    gui_internal:gui_internal_set_refresh_callback:cond=(null)
    graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_idle:Unknown key sym: e7
    navit:debug_dump_mallocs:mallocs 0
    So finally managed to get the app downloaded. Downloaded the USA map, it was around 500MB, moved it to the folder in pre. Now open navit, all I see is a colored screen with a green dot and white square in the bottom left of the screen. Am I supposed to rename the map? Is the map too big?

My map file name: osm_bbox_-125.4,24.3,-66.5,49.3.bin

My error log: ------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------

------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------
    Fri Sep 17 20:28:27 EDT 2010
    Navit log started
    map_binfile:map_binfile_open:invalid file format for '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//maps/osm_bbox_-125.4,24.3,-66.5,49.3.bin'
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'

Basically it is saying I have an invalid file format for maps. How do I change it? Please help.
    Last edited by kkhanmd; 09/17/2010 at 07:46 PM.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Kkhanmd,

I suggest you try a much smaller map around your location first. And the wait for the GPS fix. I think its clear your USA map was not complete. Most US users seem to prefer the state maps rather than the whole USA one. Try a cloudmade one at CloudMade Downloads
    Kkhanmd,

I suggest you try a much smaller map around your location first. And the wait for the GPS fix. I think its clear your USA map was not complete. Most US users seem to prefer the state maps rather than the whole USA one. Try a cloudmade one at CloudMade Downloads
    But wiki says: Note I (PreRunr) have found that small is better (faster processing) and that the Cloudmade maps can have problems so use the extractor version first.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martin282 View Post
    Thu Sep 16 22:31:25 EDT 2010
    Navit log started
    map_binfile:map_binfile_open:Failed to load '/patch/to/map.bin'
    In an early post you said that you edited the path to the map file, I think your problem is there. In
    navit.xml ensure that these settings are used in lines 66-68

<mapset enabled="yes">
    <map type="binfile" enabled="yes" data="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/maps/*.bin"/>
    </mapset>
    Kkhanmd,

So I downloaded the map from your link and it WORKS! Viola. Thanks a lot. So I live in the tri state area, going into NY, New Jersey and CT. If I download all three maps and put them in the maps folder will it

1) automatically find me using those maps whether I am in in NY, NJ or CT? (provided I have a GPS fix of course)

2) Move from one map to another automatically as I cross state lines?

Thanks
    Last edited by kkhanmd; 09/17/2010 at 10:47 PM.
    In an early post you said that you edited the path to the map file, I think your problem is there. In
    navit.xml ensure that these settings are used in lines 66-68

<mapset enabled="yes">
    <map type="binfile" enabled="yes" data="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/maps/*.bin"/>
    </mapset>
    thanks alot sure works now. Thank you for being there for us. Now time to have fun.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Kkhanmd,
    Not sure as our states here are so far apart! I once had 2 maps for the same place (just checked again) and got everything twice so it may work.
    I wish there were maps for regions rather than states, like new england, or midwest
    Kkhanmd,
    Not sure as our states here are so far apart! I once had 2 maps for the same place (just checked again) and got everything twice so it may work.
    So I made a map of my tri state area by using the planet extractor.
    Navit :: Planet Extractor
    First use the navigate tab to see what you want, and then select it by using the select button and make a map of the area you desire, so easy. and it works, no need to rename the map either.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tayswg20 View Post
    thank you so much prerunr!!! i really apreciate it for all the help and i finally have it up and running i'm still looking for the link i can go to for donations can anyone else help me with that link

thanks
    t
    My suggestion is webosinternals as Navit is now associated with them and is built with the WIDK. HaPe and Noradtux may have a suggestion.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

attached is a layout for Navit:
    - More documentation with comments
    - It includes two new Layouts (Car OSM, Navit snow)
    - The route is shown in green/yellow on the road and not in blue below the road
    - The blue dot was replaced by a small car
    - The lights of the car will light up if you are moving

To test it replace the "appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit_layout.xml" with the attached on. Backup the original one that you can go back if you don't like it.

HaPe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Would it be possible to get libgarmin support?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    att pre w/ 1.4.5, everything seems to work as advertised. Pretty impressive, especially considering everything that needs to go into a nav app. I hope destination searching improves.

What's really got me scratching my noodle is how to get into landscape mode. Doesn't seem to be anything in the settings, but there's a screenshot on the wiki page?! Is that a version not yet on preware or am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cstray View Post

What's really got me scratching my noodle is how to get into landscape mode. Doesn't seem to be anything in the settings, but there's a screenshot on the wiki page?! Is that a version not yet on preware or am I missing something?
    See Post 229.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    Would it be possible to get libgarmin support?
    libgarmin support is there. You only need to config the map enty in the Navit.xml.
    The last info was that garmin maps are loading but cannot be used for routing. Not sure if there was changes in the last time. If this is still the case then it is a Navit problem, not a problem of the port. Garmin maps - Navit's Wiki

HaPe
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    libgarmin support is there. You only need to config the map enty in the Navit.xml.
    The last info was that garmin maps are loading but cannot be used for routing. Not sure if there was changes in the last time. If this is still the case then it is a Navit problem, not a problem of the port. Garmin maps - Navit's Wiki

HaPe
    Let me rephrase the question... Has anyone built libgarmin for arm or do I need to build it myself?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    Let me rephrase the question... Has anyone built libgarmin for arm or do I need to build it myself?
    No you do not need to build it. It is included in the current version.
    Copy your map to the usb drive and change the map data in the navit.xml

HaPe