Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    I am using it in the UK. Works well. These are the problems I observe.. Can experts please help..

1) Cannot choose cities and towns as destination.. Only few cities are available ( london , oxford etc ) .. I live in Berkshire.. None of the towns are available

2) So I dont know how to set a destination..

3) Roundabouts are shown incorrectly ( Like european style) rather than UK style.. A bit misleading..

4) Is there anyway we can change the voice.. The current voice is OK , but would be nice to be able to change the voice..

Some help would be greatly appreciated ..
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tayswg20 View Post
    i 'm pretty sure its because i'm not removing the " from the right place or file can you please show me step by step where and how to do this also i saw the link somewhere for donations could someone send me that link as well so i can contribute for all this great stuff we're all using ..... thanks again for being so patient with me prerunr im just inteligent enough to get into trouble so when you explain stuff pretend like your talking to an 8 year old
    For me the filename is 'germany_100628.bin' try to rename it to a simple map.bin
    There should be only one bin file in the appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps/ folder on your USB drive. You can put more the one bin file there but Navit will only use the first one it founds.

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by navinkarra View Post
    I am using it in the UK. Works well. These are the problems I observe.. Can experts please help..

1) Cannot choose cities and towns as destination.. Only few cities are available ( london , oxford etc ) .. I live in Berkshire.. None of the towns are available

3) Roundabouts are shown incorrectly ( Like european style) rather than UK style.. A bit misleading..

4) Is there anyway we can change the voice.. The current voice is OK , but would be nice to be able to change the voice..

Points 1 & 2 are exactly my problem. I suspect it is a problem with the maps but I have tried 3 or 4 options and none resolve this. Funnily enough it will find small villages within the towns and having used navit on these occasions it works great. Any UK bods found a work around ?
    So the app is not launching, I installed both the speech thing and locale, I already have Jasons FSTAB fixer. Tried to open the app, the app icon gets highlighted for few seconds but it doesnt open. Removed the app and downloaded again, same problem, app wont open. I thought maybe because I dont have maps, downloaded maps (The folder to download maps was there) and then tried opening, still the icon gets highlighted but doesnt open the app, tried launching the app from preware, doesnt work either. Any suggestions? (No error logs or nothing, the app just doesnt open, doesnt give any errors)

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    So the app is not launching, I installed both the speech thing and locale, I already have Jasons FSTAB fixer. Tried to open the app, the app icon gets highlighted for few seconds but it doesnt open. Removed the app and downloaded again, same problem, app wont open. I thought maybe because I dont have maps, downloaded maps (The folder to download maps was there) and then tried opening, still the icon gets highlighted but doesnt open the app, tried launching the app from preware, doesnt work either. Any suggestions? (No error logs or nothing, the app just doesnt open, doesnt give any errors)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

HaPe
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi,

attached is a layout that I'm working on. Changes until now
    - More documentation with comments
    - It includes two new Layouts (Car OSM, Navit snow)
    - The route is shown in green/yellow on the road and not in blue below the road
    - Moving is shown on the blue circle that represents your position

To test it replace the "appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit_layout.xml" with the attached on. Backup the original one that you can go back if you don't like it.

What do you think?

HaPe
    I tested Car => Car OSM OK => Car OK => Navit snow OK => car crash NAVIT disappears!! We have a problem.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tayswg20 View Post
    ................i 'm pretty sure its because i'm not removing the " from the right place or file can you please show me step by step where and how to do this
    I found the comment about removing the "" and have now updated it! See revised instructions here. Application:Navit - WebOS Internals
    I found user interface is really strange..and non-intutive.. Really hard to
    use when driving !
    1. Entering destination is not obvious....Need icon for "Navigate to"
    2. Entering destination via postcode is essential ! (Atleast for uk)
    3. Scolling, Panning the map was seriously laggy..I dont know if my install was fully successful or not. It took be several attempts for the icon to launch.

For now, I will use TomTom...
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    For now, I will use TomTom...
    From where you got a TomTom for Webos
    Can we join the alpha test ...

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    I tested Car => Car OSM OK => Car OK => Navit snow OK => car crash NAVIT disappears!! We have a problem.
    Hi, this happens for me too. It looks like Navit do not like it when you switch the layout to often. I expect that we did not realized this problem until now as we do not used the layout switch ...

HaPe
    i heard tom tom? Wheres that!
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    thank you so much prerunr!!! i really apreciate it for all the help and i finally have it up and running i'm still looking for the link i can go to for donations can anyone else help me with that link

thanks
    t
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Has anyone had any success getting a map of BC, Canada to work?

If so, where did you get your map from? I have tried multiple times to generate my own maps of BC using the following link: Navit :: Planet Extractor , but while it does generate the street view in the application, I am unable to select cities when planning a route, such as Vancouver!
    Same issue, here. I was travelling in BC the past weeks, and while smaller cities and also Victoria seem to work, the greater Vancouver area is not available in the street directory.

Also, I am not able to enter street numbers. The screen won't show a check mark to end the data entry. Any suggestions or am I missing something (e.g. is there a landscape mode as well?)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    so you don't have a /appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.log on your USB drive? Post it if yes.

HaPe
    Hey HaPe

Thanks for answering, I have the following folders:
    appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps
    but no : appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.log

What should I do? Once again all help is very very appreciated.

(This is my prior post: So the app is not launching, I installed both the speech thing and locale, I already have Jasons FSTAB fixer. Tried to open the app, the app icon gets highlighted for few seconds but it doesnt open. Removed the app and downloaded again, same problem, app wont open. I thought maybe because I dont have maps, downloaded maps (The folder to download maps was there) and then tried opening, still the icon gets highlighted but doesnt open the app, tried launching the app from preware, doesnt work either. Any suggestions? (No error logs or nothing, the app just doesnt open, doesnt give any errors)
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  15. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhol View Post
    i heard tom tom? Wheres that!
    I would hazard a guess that the OP meant he was going to use his standalone TomTom GPS unit, not a TomTom WebOS app.

Can't wait until this hits the front page though, should be interesting.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    I recently installed Navit from preware, but I can`t get the map working.
    Also installed the ftab fix. Downloaded a portion of map from the Navit planet extractor, copied the map in the appdata/navit/map, changed the Navit .xml file to include the path to the map and still doesn`t work. tried a seach of city in the app, looked at the car icon in (action) and my coordinates are correct.

Anyone please any advises

Thanks
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navinkarra View Post

1. Did you look here OpenStreetMap - Navit's Wiki as I assume that you are using the OSM Map. Is it cloudmade or via the extractor, try both. Did you try the EU maps instead? See Application:Navit - WebOS Internals Suggest using option # smp5: NL,B,GB,L,IRL map
    2. Application:Navit - WebOS Internals
    3. Seems OK in Adelaide must be the map.
    4. Agree I have it down on my list to alter it as there are at least 5 variants possible for English. If only I could find the coding time as I do other volunteer development work
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martin282 View Post
    I recently installed Navit from preware, but I can`t get the map working.
    Also installed the ftab fix. Downloaded a portion of map from the Navit planet extractor, copied the map in the appdata/navit/map, changed the Navit .xml file to include the path to the map and still doesn`t work. tried a seach of city in the app, looked at the car icon in (action) and my coordinates are correct.

Anyone please any advises

Thanks
    Show us the start of the latest log file, say 20 lines.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    What should I do? Once again all help is very very appreciated.
    The only chance is to open a terminal to your device, start Navit manually and post the output.

1) Start novaterm
    2) cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit
    3) ./navit.sh
    4) Copy the output of the console and post it

HaPe
    I experience the same issue as other users: some cities cannot be found whereas on the Navit map they are clearly present and spelled correctly. I can even zoom in on them online at Navit :: Planet Extractor.
    Example: Haarlem in The Netherlands (not a very small town...)

Also, does the 'locale' setting change the starting country when inputting a destination?
    I'm presented with a UK flag each time, and I would really like to just start in The Netherlands.

I can live with the menu structure, as I'm sure you have more pressing issues to attend to.
    I'm one of the users who actually thinks this is a better nav app than most out there.
    Excellent recalculation!