Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shebaswhiskers View Post
    Anyone using this in the UK ? If so can you locate all the towns and cities. the program is working fine and I'm desperate to put it to good use but I can not find Lincoln, Hull, Grimsby or S****horpe as a destination. As this is the area where I live it makes all the great work done on this project useless to me.
    Lol Yes S****horpe does have a swear word in it's name !
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jost View Post
    Hello,

is there any way to have Navit display less POIs? Here in town, every bus stop and every traffic light is listed. And all of them show on my map.

I guess, you'll have to do it when you generate the map. I did a search for this topic but couldn't find anything useful.

Greetings, Jost
    Hi Jost,

you can switch every POI symbol off and on, but there is no Menu function to do it. Connect your Pre in USB Mode and open "appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit_layout.xml".

Make a backup of the file before you start and be careful. Navit will not start if you mess up the file !!!

This file defines the different layouts that you can select (Car, Car-dark, bike and T@M). Every layout starts with a line like this:
    Code:
    <layout name="Car" nightlayout="Car-dark" color="#ffefb7" font="Prelude">
    </layout>
    If you scroll down in the layout you will find the POI definitions. It starts with the line:
    Code:
    	<layer name="POI Symbols">
    For every defined POI symbole you find the following three lines:
    Code:
    		<itemgra item_types="poi_hotel"  order="12-">
    			<icon src="hotel.png"/>
    		</itemgra>
    to switch the POI of simply remove the three lines or change them to
    Code:
    <!--		<itemgra item_types="poi_hotel"  order="12-">
    			<icon src="hotel.png"/>
    		</itemgra> 
    -->
    Then you can switch them on later if you like.

Navit loads the first layout that is defined in this file on startup. If you like to have a other layout you will need to move it to the beginning of the file.

HaPe
    Has anyone had any success getting a map of BC, Canada to work?

If so, where did you get your map from? I have tried multiple times to generate my own maps of BC using the following link: http://maps.navit-project.org/download/ , but while it does generate the street view in the application, I am unable to select cities when planning a route, such as Vancouver!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

attached is a layout that I'm working on. Changes until now
    - More documentation with comments
    - It includes two new Layouts (Car OSM, Navit snow)
    - The route is shown in green/yellow on the road and not in blue below the road
    - Moving is shown on the blue circle that represents your position

To test it replace the "appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit_layout.xml" with the attached on. Backup the original one that you can go back if you don't like it.

What do you think?

HaPe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    anyone has a US map? the links here are not working
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    ok so I need help from someone patient ....i just recently got my vz pre plus and I love especially since I disovered preware and everything has installed smothly for me except navit so I must just be missing a simple step.....i doownloaded the indiana maps and all the poi and then transferred them to the maps folder on my pre this is where I'm stick...am I only sopposed to have one file for each state or did I do it rightt by transferring all the files under that said state ...next I don't understand the skins thing PLease someone help! My email is tayswg25@aol.com I'm not a techi so please be patient whoever decides s to undertake this challemge lol
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    ok I finally figures out that I needed to remove the ” but now when I try and open navit I just get a black screen....what am I doing wrong someone please help ...feeling so stupid and old lol
    I am trying to apply the mph patch that is linked to in the wiki. woglinde in the Navit IRC channel said that I would have to completely rebuild the WebOS version of Navit with this patch applied. I'm not seeing how to do so in my searches, so could somebody point me to some documentation for how I could do this with the WebOS build?
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    so no one has contacted me or posted anything to help me (see the two posts before the one above this one) ....i can not figure out where to take away and add ” ...i just get a black screen when I do remove them from where I think the correct place is but when I put them back the app at least starts .....help someone please!
    Hi,

So are there ways to make Navit useful in the US? I installed it and loaded in the map linked from web-internals. The app seems to work fine although I haven't heard any voice commands yet. But there must be a way to get it to associate towns with states and such. Does anyone know what's required to accomplish this?

I realize that my issue is not with the webOS port of Navit but with Navit itself but was hoping that people here can help figure this out.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    am I invisible??? Someone please help....my email is tayswg20@aol.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tayswg20 View Post
    am I invisible??? Someone please help....my email is tayswg20@aol.com
    try re installing the program...
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I've reinnstalled twice and same outcome .... Put the bin file in the maps folder before I go on I have to interject that at this point the app works but it just opens without the sin and a map butas soon as I remove the ” and try to start the app I just get a black screen ...my log says failed to load '/media/interal/appdata/org.webosinterrnals......... Unknown et sum:e7¤navit:debug_dump_mallocs "......i left out some of the log since its so long but hopefully someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong by what I posted so far
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post

To test it replace the "appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit_layout.xml" with the attached on. Backup the original one that you can go back if you don't like it.

What do you think?

HaPe
    Will try it. Is the snow layout for DE winters?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tayswg20 View Post
    I've reinnstalled twice and same outcome .... Put the bin file in the maps folder before I go on I have to interject that at this point the app works but it just opens without the sin and a map butas soon as I remove the ” and try to start the app I just get a black screen ...my log says failed to load '/media/interal/appdata/org.webosinterrnals......... Unknown et sum:e7¤navit:debug_dump_mallocs "......i left out some of the log since its so long but hopefully someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong by what I posted so far
    I have read your previous posts and cannot work out what is your exact problem. Your log will help but you have cut what failed to load. I think its your map but your description is unclear, so I suggest you start again with a small NAVIT map of your area from here Navit :: Planet Extractor zoom in around your location. You will get one file and place it in R:\appdata\org.webosinternals.navit\maps (Replace R: with your USB drive label.) REMOVE any other files. Then in
    navit.xml ensure that these settings are used in lines 66-68

<mapset enabled="yes">
    <map type="binfile" enabled="yes" data="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/maps/*.bin"/>
    </mapset>

These messages are normal at the end of the log => "Unknown key sym: e7 navit:debug_dump_mallocs:mallocs"

Go outside to get a clear sky and start NAVIT.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cerenoc View Post
    Hi,

So are there ways to make Navit useful in the US? I installed it and loaded in the map linked from web-internals. The app seems to work fine although I haven't heard any voice commands yet. But there must be a way to get it to associate towns with states and such. Does anyone know what's required to accomplish this?

I realize that my issue is not with the webOS port of Navit but with Navit itself but was hoping that people here can help figure this out.
    Yes its NAVIT, look here OpenStreetMap - Navit's Wiki Once you have selected a destination and GPS is locked in the voice will start, also check the volume.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    ------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------
    Wed Sep 15 21:46:48 EDT 2010
    Navit log started
    navit:main_real:Error parsing '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml': Error on line 78 char 21: Odd character '$', expected an open quote mark after the equals sign when giving value for attribute 'href' of element 'xi:include' at line 78, char 21

graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_idle:Unknown key sym: e7
    .....i coppied the log for you to see ...i did what you suggested and still got the black screen .....mabey i'm removing the " for the skins in the wrong place???? hopefully the log is enough for you to be able to tell me what i'm doing wrong ....thank you so much for your time i sincerely appreciate it!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Installation of Navit only copies in the new XML files if the Navit.xml is not there. You need to delete all the old .xml files to get the new. Preware does NOT REMOVE THEM!

You have damaged the file and repeated installs does not fix it. Delete all .xml files and reinstall.
    So the app is not launching, I installed both the speech thing and locale, I already have Jasons FSTAB fixer. Tried to open the app, the app icon gets highlighted for few seconds but it doesnt open. Removed the app and downloaded again, same problem, app wont open. I thought maybe because I dont have maps, downloaded maps (The folder to download maps was there) and then tried opening, still the icon gets highlighted but doesnt open the app, tried launching the app from preware, doesnt work either. Any suggestions? (No error logs or nothing, the app just doesnt open, doesnt give any errors)

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    so i deleted all the xml files and started all over put the bin fill in the "maps" folder and removed the " from where i think im sopposed to this is where i think my problem is i still get this error .............................
    ------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------
    Thu Sep 16 02:53:16 EDT 2010
    Navit log started
    navit:main_real:Error parsing '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml': Error on line 78 char 21: Odd character '$', expected an open quote mark after the equals sign when giving value for attribute 'href' of element 'xi:include' at line 78, char 21

graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_idle:Unknown key sym: e7
    ................i 'm pretty sure its because i'm not removing the " from the right place or file can you please show me step by step where and how to do this also i saw the link somewhere for donations could someone send me that link as well so i can contribute for all this great stuff we're all using ..... thanks again for being so patient with me prerunr im just inteligent enough to get into trouble so when you explain stuff pretend like your talking to an 8 year old