Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by piotrr View Post
    I see the map and navit localize the actual position but when I try to move on the map to ask for an itinenary, it's very slow and after four or five moves, it's come back to the actual position.
    Well, yes, scrolling seems to be a bit "sticky". But there is not much I can do about that. The standard configuration makes Navit jump back to the current GPS position. To disable that go into the menu, there disable Settings->Rules->"Map follows Vehicle". You might also want to enable Northing. Now you can scroll around without being reset. You need to set it back for navigation to follow your vehicle though.
    Hi everyone....

How I can change language of Navit (speech and interface) ? I want to set in Italian...

I searched in internet and in this forum but I haven't found nothing...

thank you in advance...
    Thanks and sorry for this long copy of log in the precedent post.
    Quote Originally Posted by pammala View Post
    Hi everyone....

How I can change language of Navit (speech and interface) ? I want to set in Italian...

I searched in internet and in this forum but I haven't found nothing...

thank you in advance...
    Navit uses the language the Pre is using. Does your Pre run on Italian language?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    There is no it_IT.utf8 in .widk/usr/locale in my 1.4.5 NAVIT 0.2.0 3541M, so I don't expect Italian to work without it. The ALPHA NAVIT version did I think have Italian.
    anyone else struggling with the low volume? I know when the alpha version used espeak someone showed us how to patch it but is this different with the speech dispatcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickTop View Post
    anyone else struggling with the low volume? I know when the alpha version used espeak someone showed us how to patch it but is this different with the speech dispatcher?
    Volume shouldn't be different from earlier releases. Are you sure, your media volume is maxed out? Hint: Use Mode Switcher to automatically set your volumes when launching Navit.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    There is no it_IT.utf8 in .widk/usr/locale in my 1.4.5 NAVIT 0.2.0 3541M, so I don't expect Italian to work without it. The ALPHA NAVIT version did I think have Italian.
    FYI: the locales are part of the locale-package.

I added Italian, a new package should be out during the day.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Hi,

for all other that are missing locales. Here is a zip with all we had in the big locale package for the 1.4.1 version.
    Extract the zip file and copy the locale that you are missing to .widk/usr/locale

https://www.hp-jochmann.de/%5CDownlo...C?OpenDocument

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi,

for all other that are missing locales. Here is a zip with all we had in the big locale package for the 1.4.1 version.
    Extract the zip file and copy the locale that you are missing to .widk/usr/locale

https://www.hp-jochmann.de/%5CDownlo...C?OpenDocument

HaPe
    But let us know, when a locale is missing, so we can add it to the "official" package.
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Volume shouldn't be different from earlier releases. Are you sure, your media volume is maxed out? Hint: Use Mode Switcher to automatically set your volumes when launching Navit.
    my volumes definitely maxed, im wondering whether its my speaker on the way out now though? Not noticed much when using loudspeaker for calls though. Ill try mode switcher, id really struggle to hear directions at the minute though with a bit of music on at the same time.

EDIT: The audio volume was not maxed, i didn't realise immediately navit only lets you adjust ringtone volume when open.

thanks
    Last edited by BrickTop; 09/11/2010 at 02:25 PM.
    This app rocks about as hard as Preware.
    Works fast as hell & it recalculates the route quickly when needed.
    However, you do need data. Not for the maps, but for location.
    The whole GPS fix by ebag33 using QPST unfortunately doesn't work on GSM models (not all at least).

SCRATCH that: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html
    Ebag33's aGPS solution (no data needed for GPS) works on GSM models.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 09/13/2010 at 06:42 AM.
    Hello,

is there any way to have Navit display less POIs? Here in town, every bus stop and every traffic light is listed. And all of them show on my map.

I guess, you'll have to do it when you generate the map. I did a search for this topic but couldn't find anything useful.

Greetings, Jost
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    If you want no POIs the simplest option is MainMenu>>Settings>>Display>>Layout>>T@H>>go to back map and you will see no POIs
    Last edited by PreRunr; 09/13/2010 at 03:26 AM.
    Hi there and thanks for this great application!

I used to think that the Pixi was just too slow for Navit - because it refreshed the map only every minute or so, which really looked like watching a slideshow.

Now I realized that if I watch Navit in card-view, the map scrolls absolutely fine!

It seems there is an issue with screen-refresh when running it in full-screen on a Pixi.
    having some trouble. Just updated to 1.4.5 and I ran the fstab fixer. When I go and tap the navit icon nothing happens. It glows for a few seconds then nothing. Did I miss something?

edit: nevermind I got it working.
    Last edited by bullonparade85; 09/14/2010 at 03:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    having some trouble. Just updated to 1.4.5 and I ran the fstab fixer. When I go and tap the navit icon nothing happens. It glows for a few seconds then nothing. Did I miss something?

edit: nevermind I got it working.
    I expect you missed doing a reset?, but do you want to share the solution for the next person who comes along with the same problem
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    FYI: the locales are part of the locale-package.

I added Italian, a new package should be out during the day.
    PERFECT !!! with the update now all software strings are in italian !!!

thank you !!!

soon I will try to use the Navigator in real time and i check if it will speak in italian
    im having trouble downloading maps? i am getting it from the wiki page... it wont download
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Anyone using this in the UK ? If so can you locate all the towns and cities. the program is working fine and I'm desperate to put it to good use but I can not find Lincoln, Hull, Grimsby or S****horpe as a destination. As this is the area where I live it makes all the great work done on this project useless to me.