Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    i musta missed it on the wiki.......thanks!!
    no problem man, that's what the forums are for.
    Know your Webos-Internals members:
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/WhoIsWho
    Downloading now....i really didn't wanna have that 1.9 gig map file, since I would never end up in Montucky or someplace like that.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    today's upgrade works.
    Hi, I use Preware and I install Navit, I download the file for Canada and install it into appdata\org.webosinternals.navit\maps but when I want to load Navit program, nothing appear, no loading. I don't see the file navit.xml in appdata\org.webosinternals.navit. What can I do to fix it?
    Ok, i know the answer to this will be really simple..but how the heck do i do anything? like enter a route?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    can somebody please explain how to install the mph patch on the wiki page?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma Ganja View Post
    I have problem with loading the pedestrian profile in navit, it seems to be active in the xml file (<vehicleprofile name="pedestrian" flags="0x80000000" flags_forward_mask="0x80000000" flags_reverse_mask="0x80000000" maxspeed_handling="1" route_mode="0">), I see it in the vehicles menu, but I cannot activate it (there is a grey cross in front and nothing happens when I click it).

Could anyone please help me?
    Does no one of you use the pedestrian feature and has similar problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWW00 View Post
    can somebody please explain how to install the mph patch on the wiki page?
    Also trying to figure this out. Can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    need directions on installing patch and using app. I downloaded the whole us map because the extractor would not load on my windows 7 and some main roads in my erea don't show up when typing in directions. Can someone that can use extractor download michigan for and post it , thanks
    Is there any way to be presented with the state when you see a list of cities all with the same name? If not, the search is pretty useless, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Is there any way to be presented with the state when you see a list of cities all with the same name? If not, the search is pretty useless, in my opinion.
    Well, let's say it's useless for the USA
    It's working pretty well for Germany

You might want to got to Navit and Navit's Wiki, maybe there already is a feature or feature request for that. If not you are free to open a feature request,
    I searched this thread for the word "landscape" so I hope this isn't mentioned in this thread already.

Is there a way to go to Landscape mode on this app yet?

The portrait mode cuts off a lot of text.

Thanks
    *bump*
    I have problem with loading the pedestrian profile in navit, it seems to be active in the xml file (<vehicleprofile name="pedestrian" flags="0x80000000" flags_forward_mask="0x80000000" flags_reverse_mask="0x80000000" maxspeed_handling="1" route_mode="0">), I see it in the vehicles menu, but I cannot activate it (there is a grey cross in front and nothing happens when I click it).

Could anyone please help me?
    PLEASE !
    The app is useless for me if I only can use routes for cars and not for pedestrians.
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Ok i got a map installed but when i launch it all i get is a yellowish screen with some info in the corner and a blue dot. No other info really on it. It's like it didn't pick up the map? Any suggestions??
    Hi,
    I've the same problem. Navit seems worked and localizes my position but the map is yellow with a only a blue dot and cities names.
    In the navit directory, I havn't any logs.
    I use a palm prprpr + $and$ $WebOs$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $and$ $the$ $fstab$ $bug$ $is$ $fixed$.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    PLEASE !
    The app is useless for me if I only can use routes for cars and not for pedestrians.
    I have added instructions on the NAVIT WebOS Wiki.
    Application:Navit - WebOS Internals
    Last edited by PreRunr; 09/07/2010 at 08:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by piotrr View Post
    Hi,
    I've the same problem. Navit seems worked and localizes my position but the map is yellow with a only a blue dot and cities names.
    In the navit directory, I havn't any logs.
    I use a palm prprpr + $and$ $WebOs$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $and$ $the$ $fstab$ $bug$ $is$ $fixed$.
    And in my USB disk, there is no .xml files and no navit logs.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by piotrr View Post
    And in my USB disk, there is no .xml files and no navit logs.
    Did you look for appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.log on your USB drive? That is the same directory that has navit.xml and the 3 "skins" you can use. Your maps should be in a directory called /maps. NAVIT knows where to look for maps by reading the navit.xml file. So you will see no map if there is no file. If you can see none of these I recommend that you uninstall NAVIT, Speech Dispatcher and locale with Preware and do a reinstall of NAVIT. All three get installed along with a new navit.xml etc.
    Well, it's better. I have done again an uninstall, rebbot, verification of the fstab bug and reinstall. I have download only one map from the wiki tuto.
    I see the map and navit localize the actual position but when I try to move on the map to ask for an itinenary, it's very slow and after four or five moves, it's come back to the actual position.
    I'have done a short itinenary and, for the first time, I have found a navit log.
    In the navit directory, I have : maps, navit.log, 3 text files : center, destination, navit and 6 xml files : navit, navit_qui, navit_qui prenav, navit qui pre, navit_vehicule profile and navit_layout
    Last edited by piotrr; 09/09/2010 at 02:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I think over 90% of your post just wasted space. Could you trim back to the essentials of your concern? Not sure what your problem is now as you now have a map and can navigate. I assume you are hearing voice directions as well.