Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    How does one change the default country when starting a route?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok i got a map installed but when i launch it all i get is a yellowish screen with some info in the corner and a blue dot. No other info really on it. It's like it didn't pick up the map? Any suggestions??
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Check the map entry in your navit.xml in the 'appdata/org.webosinternals.navit' folder. It should look like this:
    <mapset enabled="yes">
    <map type="binfile" enabled="yes" data="/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps/*.bin"/>
    </mapset>

HaPe
    Many thanks that worked out for me
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    That is all set and it still won't open? possibly my maps file isn't correct???
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    It's non existent for USA
    Missing a scroll(if you know the coordinates from gmap let's say which one is your San Jose) which might be more of the original port and not the Pre port.
    I had an idea of simple app that will write to the bookmark.txt but couldn't find how to translate google coordinates to the one in bookmark.txt. Althogh navit seems to support google format maybe there's something I'm missing.
    It's not a problem with NAvit it=s the limitation that openstreetmaps don't know about State lines. This is in the wiki page of the navit pre project.
    I also tried to apply the mph patch on 1.4.1 version but failed and will hold off on this until after I return from a visit to Europe - will need some km units there
    I'm sure this app rocks if you can actually enter addresses to navigate to in a normal way (one that doesn't involve coordinates).

Oh well...
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    So did the install via preware... Installed the needed packages..

Did the pre-ware update to fix OTA bug...

just checked in cmd line and got the following

/dev/mapper/store-media /media/internal vfat utf8,shortname=mixed,umask=0000 0 0

so I'm assuming I'm on the right track.

When I launch the Navit program it opens the card and then nothing happens.

Just sits there..

Any suggestions?

(Note I followed all the steps exactly as posted on Wiki page...card opens just doesn't ever "go into the application" and when I choose to go into the card the Navi is on top left but I have no options if I swipe it.)
    Last edited by izkeepsitreal; 08/23/2010 at 06:09 PM.
    While I am really happy with Sprint's Navigation app, I thought it wouldn't hurt to have another Nav app for backup just in case the my Sprint app stopped working for some reason. It was pretty easy to download but the only map file I could download (the Navit download website address would not open up for me) was the USA map and it was a very large file when unzipped (1.9gb) and also took a long time to download and unzip onto my Pre's storage drive.

I opened up the app and the map worked fine but the app is not as easy to use as the Sprint app and due to the large size of the map file (only had 800 megs left on my Pre) I decided to remove it from phone. The Navit app worked fine and if I had more room on on the storage drive I would have kept it on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    i get a distance - arrival with some others on the screen but still no map??? anyone have any suggestions? I have looked to make sure that my map is correct my size wasn't the 1.9gig size. but either way it doens't seem to be responsive when i open it???
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    i get a distance - arrival with some others on the screen but still no map??? anyone have any suggestions? I have looked to make sure that my map is correct my size wasn't the 1.9gig size. but either way it doens't seem to be responsive when i open it???
    Hi, you should find a navit.log in /appdata/org.webosinternals.navit on your USB drive. Check what ist says.

One info for all. The first start after switching back from USB mode can take 20-30 seconds. In this time you only get a black screen!

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Navit doesn't need any connection to a cell network to operate, since it has the maps on the device
    I was just about to ask the same question!

This is great, because I have been using Sprint's Nav system and thought it worked well, of course until you hit that dead spot with no service!

This app will fix that issue, this is so great!

Thanks Navit team!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Hi there!

First I'd like to thank you guys at webOS Internals for providing the first real navigation solution for all the Pre users in Germany, since the phones don't have on- or offboard-navigation out of the box (as an explanation for all the other owners worldwide).

Navit works absolutely fine with no installation problems at all!

Reading the wiki I found a screenshot that displays Navit in widescreen. I've already managed to change the skins editing the navit.xml, but how is it possible to change the skin into widescreen?

Yours,

JD

Palm Pre, o2 Germany, webOS 1.4.5 with fstab fix
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi, you should find a navit.log in /appdata/org.webosinternals.navit on your USB drive. Check what ist says.

HaPe
    Is this enough to interest you? I did the update today using preware.
    ------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------
    Tue Aug 24 09:18:48 CST 2010
    Navit log started
    navitlugin_load:can't load '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/navit/speech/libspeech_speech_dispatcher.so', Error 'libspeechd.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'
    navit:speech_new:wrong type 'speech_dispatcher'
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    navitsd_std_click:calling command ''
    navitsd_std_click:calling command ''
    graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_idle:Unknown key sym: e7
    gui_internal:gui_internal_set_refresh_callback:cond=(null)
    gui_internal:gui_internal_set_refresh_callback:cond=(null)
    gui_internal:gui_internal_cmd_bookmarks:full_labled: Test folder
    gui_internal:gui_internal_cmd_bookmarks:full_labled: 9 East tce
    Well, I think I'm going to run into the same problem as others. The space issue.

If I get this to run, and I believe that won't be an issue, I can only use this when going on a trip.

In other words, when going on a trip, I will put the map data on the USB drive and take off some stuff to make room, but normally, I won't have the space on the USB drive for the USA maps.

However, once we get a new WebOS, I bet this won't be an issue, so I better start learning how to use it.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Here is my test after i updated and tried to launch this morning still getting the

Tue Aug 24 08:04:48 CDT 2010
    Navit log started
    map_binfile:map_binfile_open:invalid file format for '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps/osm_bbox_-125.4,24.3,-66.5,49.3.bin'
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    navit:debug_dump_mallocs:mallocs 0
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Here is my test after i updated and tried to launch this morning still getting the

Tue Aug 24 08:04:48 CDT 2010
    Navit log started
    map_binfile:map_binfile_open:invalid file format for '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps/osm_bbox_-125.4,24.3,-66.5,49.3.bin'
    navit:debug_dump_mallocs:mallocs 0
    The message says all. Your map file is broken. Try to redownlaod it or take a other source.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredd110 View Post
    Reading the wiki I found a screenshot that displays Navit in widescreen. I've already managed to change the skins editing the navit.xml, but how is it possible to change the skin into widescreen?
    1) Start Navit
    2) Turn your 90° to the left
    3) Wait some time an the screen should turn with the next refresh.

Tap the screen once to open the menu an close it if you are not driving.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    How big is the us map file??
    Big... like 1.8GB
    Not sure what I've missed here.
    Everything is loaded per the previous discussions.
    Starts up and shows my current location. (VERY ACCURATE... and my travels on side roads and highways moves very accurately with me).
    But can not figure out how to:
    a) enter a destination to navigate to.
    b) how to change from KMH to MPH.
    Currently all I can see is my current location which is nice... but would like to use it to navigate to a said destination.
    Any help... The "MENU" is not real user friendly, but I've tried everything and see no option to enter a destination address or changes to MPH. A big thank you in advance!

**edit for clarification **
    When Navit starts - the black screen appears for a couple of seconds - and then it goes directly to my current location on the map. No other options are given prior to me seeing my location on the map. Bottom left corner has a BLANK rectangle (appears there is suppose to be information in there) and top left corner displays 10km/h in red and 0km/h in black. I believe the black km/h increases as I am driving. But I have no idea on how to convert km/ to mph... so if nothing else, would like to get a display of mph if possible.
    Last edited by SHolder; 08/24/2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    Hi everyone,

anyone experiencing that Navit hangs after a few seconds (maybe 2-3 seconds)?

Thanks for any advice!
    Yes, it calculates the route and identifies the first turn but either is exceptionally slow form then on or just freezes. Also although my navit.xml file has the correct speech line as indicated in previous threads, donīt get a word out of it, although this may be due to apparent freezing. By the way this is a fresh install on 1.4.5, never had the alpha installed and I previously installed the fstab patch, other than that no problems. UI works as supposed too. Great work though guys, much appreciated. Will donate when it works 100%.