1.    #1  
    Though a new topic would attract attention...
    Is the Seiko SmartPad compatible with the Visor?
    This thread says, in part:

The smartpad -which came from ecrio- works fine with my visor deluxe. Yes, it must be turned at an angle or sideways to work or "e-link" properly but its a neat gadget...

...Smartpad uses its own memo "e-memo", datebook, addressbook and to-do lists that are all called e-whatever, and it uploads to the computer which is a real kick that I will probably use soon. Right now it's just a great journal and note taker -it time and date stamps everything by default- and is overall a top hardware item that -with some tweeking and the addition of a modem (wireless or leashed)- will really be fantastic!!!!!!
    Jeff
    I had a Smart Pad with my PalmVx and do not recommend it. First the "e" programs added to the unit take up a fair amount of memory. Then while the program is working or your taking notes if your Palm times out etc then you have to remember that it's in a special sleep mode awaiting more notes. This special sleep mode is still draining battery voltage.

Fine on a PalmVx with a rechargeable battery but if you forget to turn it off during any of the process then the battery is nearly shot at the end of the day.

I'd recommend Quick Notes or another program that doesn't use the infrared.

If your going to spend the money on this device then I'd say get a Stowaway Keyboard or GoType keyboard and configure it with your favorite text editor to take notes.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  4.    #4  
    RSGMOOSE, what is this "Quick Notes"? Is it a program?
    Quick Notes is a program that has a link below. It can come with a desktop conduit and the great thing is rather than being a single screen view it allows for 3 screens and these are then transferable to the desktop.

They can't be attached to contacts or email or todo's as with the Smart Pad but you can easily save them to a "preferred" folder. It's probably worth a look so here is the link.

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...57&prodID=1989

You can also go here for a more detailed description:

http://www.shopcic.com/

The product is from CIC which are the same people that created JOT the other graffiti or input program.

Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  6. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    You might want to wait for this bluetooth-enabled pen-based solution:

http://www.anoto.com/