1.    #1  
    TODAY ONLY 12 HOUR SALE - COMP USA! I saw this in the add this morning for a Sprint Treo 650 for 299.99 after instant savings and mail in rebate. I called them to confirm that this did not require new activation because it did not say anything in the ad about it. The person said it did not require new activation. I am heading over there right now to look at one for my mom. I will let you know more once I get to the store.
  2.    #2  
    I am in the store right now and the tag under the Treo says IT DOES require activation. An employee is checking with his manager right now.
  3.    #3  
    They are going to sell it to us for 399.99.There is $200 instant savings but the last $100 comes from sprint in a mail in rebate which most likely requires new activation. Remember, this is today only.
  4.    #4  
    Correction, they called sprint and they are going to go ahead and sell it to us for 299.99 because of what the ad says. I did not edit my previous post because I am on my Treo.
    Thats a super deal... I am going to CompUSA to buy 4 right now.
  6.    #6  
    Well there were only two and the manager was buying the other one at the store I was at.
    You can buy them online for the same price.
    http://compusa.shoplocal.com/compusa...pagenumber%3d2
  8.    #8  
    I don't think you can buy it off the website for this price. When you click on the link for the 299.99 price there is no option to buy. This is one that you are going to have to take advantage of in-store. Some haggling might be required though.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    Well there were only two and the manager was buying the other one at the store I was at.
    That's a great deal. You should complain to corporate about the manager buying the other one. That's just wrong. Most companies have policies against their employees doing stuff like that.
    When you buy it at the Comp USA store, do they activate it there or do you just call sprint yourself (and if you call sprint yourself, do they want an activation fee assuming you aren't within your handset upgrade date?)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

11.    #11  
    We brought it home to activated. They did not charge us an activation fee but we have a business account if that makes a difference. You will need to call sprint on that one. Also, I think this deal is good through Sept. 10. That is what it says on the website. It was on the 12 hour sale page in the ad but it was on the back and I think that only the stuff on the front page fell under the 12 hour rule. Has anyone else taken advantage of this deal?
    what state are you located in?
    string3599: did you port over your # or did you do a 'new' activation?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

14.    #14  
    I am located in Kansas City. The phone was for my mom and she is already a Sprint customer and just had Sprint change her ESN.
    Correction, they called sprint and they are going to go ahead and sell it to us for 299.99 because of what the ad says. I did not edit my previous post because I am on my Treo.
    Did they call Sprint or CompUSA Corporate? The mail in rebate is a CompUSA rebate, not a Sprint rebate.

The ad states "$599.99 - $150 Instant Savings - $50 Instant Savings - $100 CompUSA Mail-In Rebate"

So they actually sold it to you in-store for $299.99? In other words, they gave you the CompUSA mail-in rebate as an instant rebate?
  16.    #16  
    That is correct. Aparrently they didn't know what the heck was going on and were afraid they might upset Spint because the price was so low. They gave it to us for 299.99 so it was like an instant rebate. However, I do not think they were supposed to do that.
    That is correct. Aparrently they didn't know what the heck was going on and were afraid they might upset Spint because the price was so low. They gave it to us for 299.99 so it was like an instant rebate. However, I do not think they were supposed to do that.
    In that case, you can still probably get the mail-in rebate, here is the rebate form for that offer.

http://image.compusa.com/pdfs/0017993.pdf

I would be curious to know if you send it in and get the rebate. $199.99 for a brand new Treo 650 without activation would be an excellent deal!
  18.    #18  
    Thanks, SoCal. I will look into that. The only thing that worries me is the blank that says new cell phone number. That implies you have to sign up for new service but I do not see anything about signing up for new service anywhere else on the form.