Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Sorry to post this to the forums (couldn't find his e-mail addy) But...

Mark: Have you successfully returned your prism via the Canadian address you posted? (ie: received credit back to your account?) I am about to ship mine back the same way, but the handspring rep was incredulous about the whole process. In any case, you mentioned that it ends up back in Kansas, but he said it has to go to Louisville, Kentucky. I'd really rather ship it to a Canadian address. Can you confirm this?

Thanks,
    Mark
    If you send your unit in without an authorization number, you will never get a credit. You must first call Handspring for the correct authorization, and they will give you return instructions based on your location. The center can not receive the unit without the proper number.
    "When I am Empress...Heads will roll!"
    Queen of Parts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    No no...point taken. I have indeed obtained an RMA number and such. However, when I asked to ship it to the depot in Canada, the rep had no knowledge of such a depot.

When I persisted, she went to ask her supervisor, who basically said that he wasn't aware of it either, but if it had been done by someone already that I knew of, and I wanted to risk it, I could give it a whirl using the same RMA number...as long as it ended up back in Kentucky.

Hence, my question: Given the RMA number (and proper procedure thus far) does the Canadian Logistics centre actually work??

Thanks,
    Mark
    As long as you're not sending orphan units over the border...

There are several "return facilities" in most companies. Some handle retail returns, others handle repairs. I would advise you to follow the return instructions given you by the Handspring Support Center. If you called the Technical Support center and the facility in Canada is a retail return center, it would make sense that they would have no knowledge of the address in Canada.

"When I am Empress...Heads will roll!"
    Queen of Parts