1.    #1  
    When I got my Visor earlier this year I noted that the screen was soft and scratched very easily. I was told at the time I could send it back if I wanted to. I decided to wait until it was good and covered with scratches.

Now it's pretty pitted and scratched up despite my owning a PDA Panache stylus, so I emailed customer service today to enquire about the possibility of a screen exchange.

They emailed me back and told me if I wanted to get the screen replaced I have to pay $85 US and send the Visor first before they'll send a replacement.

Is this true? I thought a screen exchange was done for free the first time?

Given that I'm technically adept surely there must be a way to replace the 'plastic' covering the lcd screen because it seems quite spongy..?

"Pitted"?

What on earth are you doing to your Visor? These babies are feathertouch, man.

I decided to wait until it was good and covered with scratches.
    huh?

If it's not cracked or broken, get it replaced at no charge.

mr. kia

[Edited by mrknowitall on 11-08-2000 at 06:13 PM]
    "The Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge." -- Daniel Borstin
    There is an $85 charge for all scratched and broken displays. This use to be a free about 7 months ago...not anymore. I think its even more expensive to replace a Prism with a damaged display.