1.    #1  
    I bought something the first time with Dan and it came quickly. However, I bought something else back in June, and it never came ...and so I emailed Dan about it..and he said it was probably lost by the post office...however, that I'm not so sure. I won the item, and the price was under the average selling price on Ebay. Ok. So he refunded me my money.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I bid on the same item again last week and now I haven't received the item. I tried emailing him, but he said it's been shipped. I know he does bulk sales and gets a lot of positive feedbacks, but why am I the only one going through this mess. I'm going to ask for a refund and take my business elsewhere. Ok. I had to rant, because I've been waiting for this item for almost a month now. Time to move on.
    Try calling him. It's been posted here that he f ups from time to time, but most have a goood experience.

Search around the forums to read more about him.

I have bought from Dan about ten times over the last two years and he's always been straight.
    I'm with Dutch; try to contact him again. I once had some negative comments to say about Dan, but based on recent purchases, he will do his best to work with you or find out wherein the problem lies.

The last order I placed with him, the problem was actually on my end; discovered once I rec'd the winning bid confirmation. Dan replied to my email within 30 minutes. Now, I am not saying that he'll reply to you within that same amount of time. I'm just saying that he will reply.

G'Luck to you and I hope you eventually receive your purchase.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I've also had a negative experience in my dealings w/ Dan's Cellular. It started being my fault, but he could've rectified it very easily, which he didn't.

I bought 2 items from him at around the same time. Therefore, I should've received discounted shipping. My mistake was that I paid full shipping for the 2 items (b/c eBay asked). I emailed him immediately afterwards to tell him of my situation. I never got a response. I continued to email and call him several times, but still no response. It was only a few bucks, but I do feel scammed. I couldn't leave negative feedback b/c he'd most likely given me negative feedback in return.

I've mostly heard of good experiences w/ the guy, but I won't deal w/ him again after my personal experience.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks. Dan was able to quickly resolve the problem and he sent me the item in 2 days! Ok. Dan gets an "A" for this sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by belerek
    I've also had a negative experience in my dealings w/ Dan's Cellular. It started being my fault, but he could've rectified it very easily, which he didn't.

I bought 2 items from him at around the same time. Therefore, I should've received discounted shipping. My mistake was that I paid full shipping for the 2 items (b/c eBay asked). I emailed him immediately afterwards to tell him of my situation. I never got a response. I continued to email and call him several times, but still no response. It was only a few bucks, but I do feel scammed. I couldn't leave negative feedback b/c he'd most likely given me negative feedback in return.

I've mostly heard of good experiences w/ the guy, but I won't deal w/ him again after my personal experience.

You screwed up and ate the 5 bucks or whatever. Lesson learned(or maybe not). Dan runs a great shop.

You said "at around the same time". To me that sounds vague.
    By "at around the same time", the 2 auctions were within 5 minutes of each other. I'm sure ebay still has those 2 items on record if you want me to pull them up. Any more "vague" issues you'd like me to clear up? And as I've stated, it started out being my mistake, but does that rectify him NEVER responding to my numerous emails and phone messages?

Seriously, I'm really glad you guys have had positive experiences with him. That's how I knew about him in the first place. But don't be presumptuous and apply your good experience to everyone, and discount others' bad experiences as the buyer trying to scam.

Treometry, I'm happy to hear that your issue was resolved.
    Last edited by belerek; 07/15/2005 at 08:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by belerek
    By "at around the same time", the 2 auctions were within 5 minutes of each other. I'm sure ebay still has those 2 items on record if you want me to pull them up. Any more "vague" issues you'd like me to clear up? And as I've stated, it started out being my mistake, but does that rectify him NEVER responding to my numerous emails and phone messages?

Seriously, I'm really glad you guys have had positive experiences with him. That's how I knew about him in the first place. But don't be presumptuous and apply your good experience to everyone, and discount others' bad experiences as the buyer trying to scam.
    WOW! Arent you a tad bit touchy? The auctions were within 5 minutes of each other, but since thats NOT what you said in your initial post, DT responded accordingly.

Now, since you offered those items of record, I'm sure many would be thrilled to see your evidence....I mean, proof of a 5 minute purchase.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Haha, I did sound a little touchy, didn't I? I apologize for that; I'm usually a pretty laid-back guy. But seriously, wouldn't you try to defend yourself if someone is falsely accusing of being a scammer? I've read yours and dutch's posts in other threads in the past, and have really respected what you've had to say. But in this case, I'd have to say your accusations are wrong.

I really don't feel the need to prove myself to folks on the net, but as I said, I do respect you guys b/c of your willingness to help others. I know you want proof, so here you go:

You'll see that the first purchase was made at 3:01, and the 2nd at 3:05. By the way, the two items came in the same package.
    Sorry...I didn't mean to accuse you of scamming

Just more like...one of those things
    No problem... thanks for understanding.
    And I totally understand that it's just one of those things. I had no intention of telling anyone about it until Treometry brought up negative experience of his/her own. Anyway, Treometry's original issue has been resolved, so all is good .
    My apologies to you belerek if you thought I was accussing you of scamming.....read below....

But seriously, wouldn't you try to defend yourself if someone is falsely accusing of being a scammer?
    I'm sure I would be if that were the case; but in this case, I dont see where anyone was accussing you of being a scammer - what was said was,
    You said "at around the same time". To me that sounds vague.....
    vague being the factor.

*whispering* you didnt really have to provide proof; but since you did, it is understandable that the 2nd shipping charge should have been refunded considering both items came in one box.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Thanks for understanding =).
    I am so glad that Dan got the heat he deserved, and I feel vindicated as well. I started a thread about a year ago complaining about how Dan failed to deliver product for weeks, and a few people who seemed to idolize him and felt he could do no wrong actually tried to attack me in this forum and accused me of being the trouble instead of Dan. He retired with well over 500 negative ratings. The most unfortunate part about it for me is that I bought three items from him, and gave him a neutral rating after the transaction. He retaliated and gave me 3 negatives! Being an occasional seller/buyer, he really screwed me by retaliating with negatives when I paid quickly and kept up my end of the bargain. He's scared my e-bay ratings for who knows how long. Good riddens Dan, close the door on the way out!!