Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone,

I'm excited to announce the addition of the miniSync and DirectSync to our line of PalmOne LifeDrive products!

As many of you guys know already, miniSync is a retractable, sync and charge cable that is compact, lightweight, and durable while DirecSync is a durable, shielded cable that also syncs and charges your handheld. DirectSync for the PalmOne LifeDrive is designed with a HotSync button for convenience and allows for quick HotSyncs. Both the miniSync and DirectSync allows you to completely eliminate your bulky cradle and makes traveling convenient!

DirectSync is compatible with VersaCharger, Car Charger, Car Charger (High Current Output), Wall Charger, and Battery Adapter allowing you optimum convenience and portability!

Check them out:
    miniSync for PalmOne LifeDrive
    DirectSync Cable for PalmOne LifeDrive

Check out the entire line of PalmOne LifeDrive Accessories:
    PalmOne LifeDrive Accessories

Feel free to contact me with any questions or feedback!

Cheers,
    Cho

Quote Originally Posted by BoxWave
    Hi Everyone,

I'm excited to announce the addition of the miniSync and DirectSync to our line of PalmOne LifeDrive products!

As many of you guys know already, miniSync is a retractable, sync and charge cable that is compact, lightweight, and durable while DirecSync is a durable, shielded cable that also syncs and charges your handheld. DirectSync for the PalmOne LifeDrive is designed with a HotSync button for convenience and allows for quick HotSyncs. Both the miniSync and DirectSync allows you to completely eliminate your bulky cradle and makes traveling convenient!

DirectSync is compatible with VersaCharger, Car Charger, Car Charger (High Current Output), Wall Charger, and Battery Adapter allowing you optimum convenience and portability!

Check them out:
    miniSync for PalmOne LifeDrive
    DirectSync Cable for PalmOne LifeDrive

Check out the entire line of PalmOne LifeDrive Accessories:
    PalmOne LifeDrive Accessories

Feel free to contact me with any questions or feedback!

Cheers,
    Cho

Here's feedback. I bought a minisync and versacharger a couple months ago for my 650. I got it because I had a minisync and a wall adapter and a car adapter for my 600 and liked them very much. My first versacharger had the wall prongs pull out the first time I used it. My second one (the one I have now) didn't do that and seemed ok when I used it in my car, but I have now tested it in the wall and it takes FOREVER to charge. The treo wall charger charges in an hour or so to full charge. The combo of the minisync and versacharger in the wall charges about 15% in an hour! Is this normal? Hey Boxwave...you listening?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Here's feedback. I bought a minisync and versacharger a couple months ago for my 650. I got it because I had a minisync and a wall adapter and a car adapter for my 600 and liked them very much. My first versacharger had the wall prongs pull out the first time I used it. My second one (the one I have now) didn't do that and seemed ok when I used it in my car, but I have now tested it in the wall and it takes FOREVER to charge. The treo wall charger charges in an hour or so to full charge. The combo of the minisync and versacharger in the wall charges about 15% in an hour! Is this normal? Hey Boxwave...you listening?
    TheTreoGuy,

I relayed this message to our in-house testing team and they began testing on the miniSync and VersaCharger for the Treo 650 LifeDrive. I'll have an in-depth analysis by the end of the day.

Thank you for bringing up this issue to us. We are working hard to get to the bottom of this issue.

Best Regards,
    Cho
    Isn't the adaptor the same? Why did you have to redesign the product?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Isn't the adaptor the same? Why did you have to redesign the product?
    KRamsauer,

I believe we do use the same adaptor as the Treo 650. Looking at the pattern of this issue and referencing past issues, I believe it's an amperage issue. Please don't quote me on this since it's uncertain as it stands but I believe it should be an amperage issue.

I'll continue to keep you posted with updates.

Best Regards,
    Cho
    I love Boxwave screen protectors. I'll never spend another penny on their cables, adapters, etc. I bought a USB sync/charge cable and car adapter from my 650 from them. The first one was defective from day one. the slightest movement and it disconnected from the Treo, and about 2/3 of the time plugging it in to the Treo caused a hotsync. I exchanged it, and the new one was better at first, but now that I've used it for a few months its starting to act just like the first.

The first cig lighter adapter for the USB cable was also a dog. Almost every time I got a call while plugged into the adapter the phone would reset. The second one seems okay, but I haven't used it very much.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone,

The most recent update of testings revealed that the miniSync or DirectSync in combination with its chargers is an issue of amperage output from the charger.

The LifeDrive does charge but does so very slowly when the device is on. Similar results were shown with the Wall Charger, Car Charger, and Car Charger High Current Output. Initial testings before releasing the LifeDrive sustained on the fact that the LifeDrive does charge using the VersaCharger and cables.

In any case, if you would like to return the VersaCharger and any other chargers for the LifeDrive, you will receive a full refund. We are currently projecting to develop new products for the LifeDrive. I will keep you updated on the new developments.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused some of you. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best Regards,
    Cho
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxWave
    Hi Everyone,

The most recent update of testings revealed that the miniSync or DirectSync in combination with its chargers is an issue of amperage output from the charger.

The LifeDrive does charge but does so very slowly when the device is on. Similar results were shown with the Wall Charger, Car Charger, and Car Charger High Current Output. Initial testings before releasing the LifeDrive sustained on the fact that the LifeDrive does charge using the VersaCharger and cables.

In any case, if you would like to return the VersaCharger and any other chargers for the LifeDrive, you will receive a full refund. We are currently projecting to develop new products for the LifeDrive. I will keep you updated on the new developments.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused some of you. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best Regards,
    Cho
    What about for the Treo 650? That is what I was having trouble charging with the minisync and versacharger in the wall combination even when the Treo is not on.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I love Boxwave screen protectors. I'll never spend another penny on their cables, adapters, etc.
    I had a mini-sync cable for my last pda and loved it. It's exactly what I wanted and needed (something small and out of the way when I didn't use it and a charger/sync for when I did). I never had any problem with them and will buy a new one. Also, they have great customer service. I've never heard of anyone not being satisfied with their products and them not jumping through hoops to make it better. Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    I had a mini-sync cable for my last pda and loved it. It's exactly what I wanted and needed (something small and out of the way when I didn't use it and a charger/sync for when I did). I never had any problem with them and will buy a new one. Also, they have great customer service. I've never heard of anyone not being satisfied with their products and them not jumping through hoops to make it better. Just my 2 cents.
    You have a lot more reading to do on this forum then My 2 cents.
    1 | 2