1.    #1  
    i'm a newbie here but have extensive forum experience at places like head-fi and macrumors...so i recently bought a 650 from a member here (who had many previous posts and appeared to actually own one) and after a torrid exchange of emails settling on a price, i have not heard a peep from him since paypal-ing him last wed. i paid via CC, so i'm not that worried about recouping my money, but should i be worried that i've been had? we agreed on USPS priority mail, which takes 2-3 days from texas to california...he said he would mail it thursday morning...it is now tuesday an no package yet. that in itself doesn't worry me. but, i've emailed him three times asking for a tracking number or whether it's been shipped yet...and no reply. silence. maybe i'm worrying over nothing, but as they say in 'star wars' - "i have a bad feeling about this."
    Last edited by kugino; 05/18/2005 at 04:07 PM.
  2.    #2  
    update: the guy was out of town and just returned...said it was shipped a couple days ago. phew.
  3.    #3  
    well, no treo yet...and no more replies since his one reply last wed. i have two more days until the 14-day paypal coverage is up, so looks like i'll be trying my luck with paypal (paid via CC so i'm not that worried). bad bad bad...
    that sucks. troecentral used to be a good place to sell & buy stuff. I sold a Treo 600 a year or so ago. I will reconsider befor buying.
  5.    #5  
    i contested the transaction with paypal and they found in my favor. they are re-crediting my CC the full amount. they actually came through this time.

still have not heard from the seller...what a poor poor waste of time to deal with this guy. not even a peep about being sorry, it got lost in the mail, nothing. what's wrong with people?
    You gonna let us know who the culprit is ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    You gonna let us know who the culprit is ?
    Yes please let us know.. Any chance this guy can get banned so this will not happen to anyone else?
    Yeah, this thread is almost worthless without telling us who the user is.

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    Yes please let us know.. Any chance this guy can get banned so this will not happen to anyone else?
    pktlouie, from this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83958