Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well it has happened again. Another friendly TreoCentral member taken. ALWAYS be suspicious even if the member has a lot of posts. I thought I was safe because of that along with him being in the wireless industry, but it proved not to be true.

Here is the thread...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=81891

b0tes is a fraud and not to be trusted. He scammed me (and maybe others) out of money. He regularly used this forum, but has ceased almost completely. If anyone knows how to contact this member please PM me. Thanks.

Like the sticky in the Marketplace forum says, PayPal is not safe. Buyer beware.
    Wow! Good luck! I wouldn't suspect a guy who had that many posts, but I guess you just never know.
    beowulf777, I'm sorry for what happened to you.

Would you please explain what you mean by 'PayPal is not safe'? Have they not helped you with this problem?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ojleblanc
    beowulf777, I'm sorry for what happened to you.

Would you please explain what you mean by 'PayPal is not safe'? Have they not helped you with this problem?
    They "investigated" the issue and found in my favor. They then told me that they could not recover any money from the sender and indicated I stilled owed the money.

Their investigation consisted of sending the seller an e-mail. Once he did not respond within a period of a week or so they closed the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by beowulf777
    They "investigated" the issue and found in my favor. They then told me that they could not recover any money from the sender and indicated I stilled owed the money.

Their investigation consisted of sending the seller an e-mail. Once he did not respond within a period of a week or so they closed the case.
    I don't get it??? How can they find in your favor and at the same time say you still owe the money??? Doesn't make sense!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    I don't get it??? How can they find in your favor and at the same time say you still owe the money??? Doesn't make sense!
    That is exactly the note I sent back to them asking. I am awaiting a response.
    did you use a bank account or credit card for you paypal transaction?

if you used a CC you could dispute it with the CC company.

you could also contact your bank.

good luck.

if he lives in dc/md/va area i could go to his house and 'ask' him for the money back. lol j/k.
    Yes. PayPal is NOT SAFE. The only way to protect yourself as a buyer is to use a CC NOT a debit card. Then you can dispute the charges. However, PayPal could still go after you though.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Yes. PayPal is NOT SAFE. The only way to protect yourself as a buyer is to use a CC NOT a debit card. Then you can dispute the charges. However, PayPal could still go after you though.
    I have disputed the charges with my financial institution and been credited. However, PayPal has placed a negative balance on my account as a result.
    If you read the message, you should have know it was a scam.

It reads as a scam through out.
    And don't go by post count. Cripes, would you buy something from me???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    LOL, Insertion.

I dunno, you look pretty honest in your picture, but then your eyes are a little close together....
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Who am I to argue with **** Tracy?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    And don't go by post count. Cripes, would you buy something from me???
    I wouldn't trust him...
    Should read to be believed ?

FS: Cing Treo 650 BRAND NEW $375.00 No commitment ?
    Hey guys. I've got no Cingular Treo 650's for sale, I just want your money !In case you're not sure of who I am, just know that I am a scam artist for all you phone users.

Anyway, let's get down to the nitty-gritty...

Specs: (Not to be arrogant, but if you're reading this, then you should already know them :P)

Condition: Brand-spanking new, both still in their original boxes with all the OEM accessories / software / manuals usually bundled with the branded retail version of the Cingular Treo 650.

Other: The phones are locked to Cingular. I currently own a Cingular-branded 650 which I got unlocked via the customer care method and am now using it with T-Mobile. Not to say that it wasn't difficult; just that it is still possible. Also, the firmware/software currently on both Treo's are the pre-Cingular voicemail update versions. Again, if I've lost you then I wouldn't worry about it too much. SIM cards not included (they came with Axalto SIM's, so I figured it'd be best to not include it at all.)

Price: $375.00 each. Sounds pricey, but really it's $350 + $25 for shipping and handling. No matter what, the bottom line is that it's still cheaper because I'm not asking for any length of contractual service agreement like the leeches at Cingular would.

Payment types: Cash/Gold/Siver/Bearer Bonds/ That's it.

Oh and in the interest of posterity, it's a first come first serve basis. PM me if you want additional info (pics) or if you're interested in getting ripped off.
    current config: DirAssist v3.10 b5 * FileZ v6.5 * Freedom v1.3 * KBLightsOff v1.01 * KeyCaps650 * FieldPlus v2.2 * LEDOff v0.2.1 * pTunes Deluxe v3.0.7 * ZLauncher v5.10.3 * free ram: 17.3MB * 1GB SD * SanDisk Card Reader/Writer * HP iPAQ Stereo Earphones * Pa1m0ne sidecase
    -----
    mobiles skwrking, mobiles chirping
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    LOL, Insertion.

I dunno, you look pretty honest in your picture, but then your eyes are a little close together....
    LOL
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I'm not in the market for a GSM 650, but I read his thread and thought it too good to be true. I usually poo all over obvious scams, but I didn't because of b0tes many posts. I hope you get this resolved, and I hope the mods ban him for all of eternity.
    Quote Originally Posted by umcp
    did you use a bank account or credit card for you paypal transaction?

if you used a CC you could dispute it with the CC company.

you could also contact your bank.

good luck.

if he lives in dc/md/va area i could go to his house and 'ask' him for the money back. lol j/k.

Hey, I'll go with you! Hmm, we might be onto something. Regional "enforcement" gangs, uh, cooperatives.
    http://www.paypalsucks.com

Paypal's motto....

Cover our *** first, paying members *** second....

Fact is, they don't protect members very well. And their investigations are absolute jokes. On top of that, their phone support is almost non-existant, and their email support is mainly form letters. Trying to recover funds through PayPal is a ridiculous act of futility....

I'm hoping GreenZap kicks the crap out of them when they start up this summer....
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    http://www.paypalsucks.com

Paypal's motto....

Cover our *** first, paying members *** second....

Fact is, they don't protect members very well. And their investigations are absolute jokes. On top of that, their phone support is almost non-existant, and their email support is mainly form letters. Trying to recover funds through PayPal is a ridiculous act of futility....

I'm hoping GreenZap kicks the crap out of them when they start up this summer....
    If you follow the link in OpenIntro's post it will take you to the GreenZap site. It looks like if you choose to 'pre-register' OpenIntro gets $5 credited to his/her account for 'referring' you there...just thought people should be aware of this...since nothing in the original post indicated that was happening...

I have nothing against helping out a fellow Treo addict...it just would be more 'up front' if they had mentioned using the link would benifit them...
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast