1.    #1  
    Since I have bought a Visor deluxe- so far so good!
    But now, trying to get additional hardware like springboards, stylus, cases etc. it seems to be nearly impossible to get those stuff in germany! One can buy the visor and there after you will be left in the rain. No one at the mega stores like Saturn or Media Markt is able to order or sell any additional stuff! They even dont know about them. Now I have come to the point to think about a Palm V... This company has understand to merchandise their products very well- you can not say that about handspring in germany in any way!!! I think the customers will recognize this fact with their next buy and decide for a product which is well merchandised.
    I am very, very disapointed about this lack of customer friendlyness! Even though it doesnt matter that handspring will sell their products on their own website: You have to wait for your Items for about three weeks! Buy a Plam and you get any thing you want _at once_ !

[Edited by MichaelD on 09-21-2000 at 09:11 AM]
    To sync or not to sync...
    That is not the question!
    I live in Canada and I actually have the same problem. The large stores that have the Visor for sale might if I'm lucky have the Backup module or the 8MB module but that's the extent of it. Any accessory I've bought since I got the Visor has been from the internet. I'm not sure what the situation is for websites shipping to Germany, but to Canada is a bit of a pain now and then. Best bet is to try the manufacturer's website and if they cannot ship to you then email them asking for a list of distributers that you can try.

A bit off topic but since we're talkin' web purchases, I got my Rhodania case a day or two ago and the search is over. It is in my opinion, the perfect case!

Cheers,

Ark
    Originally posted by MichaelD
    Since I have bought a Visor deluxe- so far so good!
    But now, trying to get additional hardware like springboards, stylus, cases etc. it seems to be nearly impossible to get those stuff in germany! One can buy the visor and there after you will be left in the rain. No one at the mega stores like Saturn or Media Markt is able to order or sell any additional stuff! They even dont know about them. Now I have come to the point to think about a Palm V... This company has understand to merchandise their products very well- you can not say that about handspring in germany in any way!!! I think the customers will recognize this fact with their next buy and decide for a product which is well merchandised.
    I am very, very disapointed about this lack of customer friendlyness! Even though it doesnt matter that handspring will sell their products on their own website: You have to wait for your Items for about three weeks! Buy a Plam and you get any thing you want _at once_ !

MichaelD:
    You bought the Visor *knowing* that you don't have access to accessories....so what are you complaining about? Palm has accessories all over the place because Palm has been around for a long time. Handspring just start selling their visors last year and just start shipping to Europe these past Spring. At least you can buy a Visor, many people in Asia and Australia can't even buy one yet!

Arker:
    I must agree with you.. the Rhodiana case *is* awesome. That is why it got case of the year.

[Edited by MichaelD on 09-21-2000 at 09:11 AM]
    Why don't you just order them online?
  5.    #5  
    ...and wait for weeks... months?
    The customers in germany will pay back such ignorance of handspring!
    To sync or not to sync...
    That is not the question!
    Originally posted by MichaelD
    ...and wait for weeks... months?
    The customers in germany will pay back such ignorance of handspring!
    Patiencen is a virtue. You should wait in line like everyone else. American and Canadian customers had to wait weeks and months before they got their visors and accessories when the Visor just came out. Why should German customers eb any different? There are lots of online stores that will ship accessories to Germany if you need it that badly. I bet any money that Palm had little or no accessories in Germany when they started out as well.