1.    #1  
    I recently purchased a used Treo 600 on eBay. The seller told me it was less than one year old and in good working condition.

The first weekend I had the Treo, it started to give me trouble. Often the unit would not turn on after I had turned it off or if it had turned itself off. I flashed the firmware with the latest version hoping that might help, but alas it seemed to be a hardware issue.

So I called the ORIGINAL service provider. Here is the sequence of events.

- Rep at wireless company told me that NO ONE is allowed to touch the Treo's except PalmOne
    - Rep gives me PalmOne's toll free service number
    - Call PalmOne
    - Press maybe three numbers and wait about 1 minute on hold.
    - Talk to a live person (French, but could speak some English...hahaha)
    - Gave details about being second owner.
    - I was asked for serial number, my service provider and original owner's name.
    - Didn't seem to mind that I used FIDO (not a reseller of the Treo).
    - Waited about 3 or 4 minutes on hold.
    - Got a Service Repair Order.
    - Told I should have a replacement unit about 5 to 7 days after they receive mine.

I hope you never have to deal with them but I am impressed with PalmOne Canada's service.
    That is terrific, Wallbus!

I've had a Tungsten W serviced by PalmOne Canada and it seemed to go fairly well. My only quibble was that the refurb replacement unit was far more scratched and worn than my month-old brand new T-W. I had a far different experience trying to return a defective Treo 650 to the PalmOne U.S. store, though.

Fixing busted Palms seems to be fairly pain-free, but RMA-ing a brand new busted unit for refund is another story...