Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. fws

heyy guys, im looking for a treo650. i would like to trade with an ipaq rx3115. i will eather add cash... or... i will add a PS2... depends on the condition of the treo. i dont care how bad it looks, as long as it works good, it can be scratched and all if it is... i just want one bad... ill pay for my shipping... anyone, please?
  2. fws
    come onnnn... thre has to be someoneeeee pleaseeeeeeeeee
    eBay...sell the ipaq...buy the treo....cough up any $$ needed if there is a difference. OR sell BOTH the ipaq and PS2....buy the treo.
  4. fws
    i would rather do a trade... but if it comes down to it, thats what i will have to do :-(
    I just figure that eBay is easier than a forum. It's more proactive to sell what you don't want to raise $ for that which you do.
  6. fws
    yea, but the treo650 seems more expensive on ebay, but then again, i can get more for my ipaq on ebay too. i also dont have a sellers account on ebay, but i could open one
    ahhh...I have just about always bought & sold from eBay. It's mostly my 1st choice. You might sell your ipaq & PS2 & then buy your 650 through the forums. That might actually net you the best deal.
    thing is, he is going to lose $15 to $20 due to sellers fees (and paypal fees as well) selling on eBay....

that's why the forum ends up being a better deal....
  9. fws
    exactly.
    i would even add 50-100 USD on top to sweeten the deal... eather that, or a used Sony Ericsson T630.
    i juss want a trade, but might think about selling on the forums...
    In general, I find that items sell for more on eBay than on these sorts of user forums. Most of the people who frequent these forums are very up on the latest prices for items, so they aren't going to buy an item that isn't priced significantly less than can be bought elsewhere online.

Ebay, on the other hand, has a lot more potential buyers who often aren't very well informed. The higher sale prices there are usually enough to ofset the listing fee.

TMann
    Ebay, on the other hand, has a lot more potential buyers who often aren't very well informed. The higher sale prices there are usually enough to ofset the listing fee.
    Exactly! Take advantage of the stupid bidding wars that people will get into. My "free" Tmobile 6010 phone....same exact model recently sold on eBay for ~$40. I'm passing mine along to a friend, but if I wasn't I'd sell it on eBay in a heartbeat.
  12. fws
    anyoneeeeeeeeeeee
  13. fws
    noone?
    Quote Originally Posted by fws
    noone?
    FWS,

I think you need to accept the fact that the type of person who would buy a Treo 650 is not going to be interested in a mid-level PPC and a portable gaming machine.

It's been a couple of weeks now...I think that you should just try to sell your stuff on eBay, Brighthand, or PocketPCThoughts and then use the money to buy a Treo. If you don't think that you'll make enough to purchase the Treo...that probably means that the trade offer you were making wasn't that good to begin with.

Good luck!

TMann
    Last edited by TMann; 04/05/2005 at 03:45 PM.
  15. fws
    i just dont want to go through the trouble with ebay. i dont want to have to pay the fees honestly. its only a couple bucks, but still.
    also... i know a few people who love gaming systems, but still like the treo 650. its not like the 650 is just a business toy. I am personally a cell phone freak and i collect phones. but treo650 is for business just as much as it is for fun.
    You know, you might help your situation by posting some info about the items you're wanting to trade. Pictures, what the items are worth, how old they are, the condition of the items.

Sounds like someone trading a Treo 650 for your ipaq and PS2 would be doing you a huge favor, so at least shed some light on the condition of the items and upfront about what they're worth. The Ipaq someone could get a new one on eBay for 200-250, and a used PS2 can be gotten at your local game shop for under hundred bucks, probably with a warranty. So you're looking at a total of about 300-350 bucks, giving you the benefit of the doubt about the value of your stuff. The extra Treo that I had went for $625 on eBay. (granted, it was unlocked).

Long story short: if you want any success on a forum, at least try and give a reasonable offer with more description. Give an option for a trade that's close to equal what you want.

Lastly, who's gonna give up a Treo that "works good"??
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    NOT ME )
    I got my sprint one on Craiglist locally for $200 and converted it to verizon
    I still think your best advantage would be to list on eBay the stuff you are willing/wanting to unload and buy your Treo for cash on the forums. Why? Last minute bidding wars will drive the price up and more than cover your listing fees.
  20. fws
    okay your right, i realized there wasnt too much there, but i also am willing to add 150USD, and if the person would like, a sony ericsson t630.
    i can get 85 USD for my used PS2, i know that.
    but i would post pics, but noone else here seems interested.
    i saw some congular locked 650's on ebay for 350 ish...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast