Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Sleepy... second and FINAL warning! There's no need to start a flame war!
    Just having some fun at the expense of others.. Isn't that what this thread is about now?? I was done selling my item a long time ago.
    What id he DIDN'T actually SELL his item? This is all just a ruse! He actually still has it and doesn't want to admit that the most anyone would offer him for it was $40!

Either that or he sold it for $30 and is lying to us :P

PERSON WHO PURCHASED! COME FORWARD! Vouch for sleepyhead!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Wow you guys...this is kinda rough...

I know that this is a forum for discussion, but when someone posts an item for sale it is a bit rude to post right under them that that item can be found for less elsewhere. I understand that his price may be high, but if a buyer is willing to pay that amount then the seller has done nothing wrong. If no buyer is willing, he would not be able to sell the cradle. If you really think his price is to high, send him a private message or an email, but don't try to discourage others from buying just because you wouldn't. He even said that his intention was to recoup the money spent, including shipping, to get the cradle. If some buyer wants to help him do that I don't think it is right that you, or anyone else starts arguing with the seller publicly, in front of that buyer intending to steer him away...
    It's also rude to sit on your hands while someone takes advantage of other forum members by overpricing an item. very cool of the previous posters to point out the gouging.

wahhhhhhhhh

what a bunch of whiners
  5.    #25  
    Haha, there sure is a lot of whining going on... [no further comment] I didn't know gouging meant "selling for the same price paid."
    You paid $60 for it.

Well, crap, I may as as well sell off a few items as well. I have a "like new" Treo 650 box, only opened once. It's in mint condition. I'll let it go for $40. I'm even throwing in the plastic that everything fit in.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I'll offer what Insertion listed above for $35 and throw in the cable twisty ties and free USPS priority shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistersleepy
    Haha, there sure is a lot of whining going on... [no further comment] I didn't know gouging meant "selling for the same price paid."
    meow
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    this thread is great. There is a few choice words in this one. LOL
    vaseline comment was classic.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    meow
    wahhhhhhhhh
    Wow...this is perhaps the most juvenile thread I've read on here in quite some time. I'm with Silver5 - let the seller try to get what the seller wants. If a forum member wants to pay $80 for the cradle - who are we to stop him? If you think $80 is too high, here's a thought: Don't buy it. Close the thread and move on to the next. Get off your high horses, fellas and let bygones be bygones.
    nah...this is much more fun than whatever you just said

*posted via Bluetooth DUN*
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Juvenile?...........Yes
    Humorous?..........Yes
    Hey guys, I have a slighty used Treo 600 (well used for a year and a half, almost, but still in great shape) that I paid $600 for. I'll sell for $610. I didn't have to pay shipping, but I did put mileage on my car and use some gas when I went to pick it up from the store. I'm just trying to recover my costs...
    I'll give you $640, the extra $30 is to ease your pain as you part with your beloved Treo....
    If you'll throw in a new 650 you've got a deal.
    You know, uh, to help ease that pain a little more...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12