Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Hello I am selling a brand new Sprint Treo 650 (Recieved yesterday).

1) Unfortunately I am a fan of Pocket PC
    2) I am going to switch providers. I am going to have service with t-mobile. I see no point in having a super cool phone with a service provider that you don't want.
    3)It was a purchase I wasn't financially ready for. I have bigger responsibilities to take care of. I believe that buying toys before paying for your traffic tickets is stupid. But hey we all make mistakes.

So I honestly just bought this phone yesterday and its unfortunate that I am already trying to sell it. But it happens to the best of us. Hopefully some lucky person will take it off my hands.

Send me a PM if interested. Looking to sell ASAP.

Thanks
    Last edited by dialekt; 02/15/2005 at 06:42 PM.
    Sprint will take returns up to 14 days after purchasing. Just return the phone.
    um yeah
    Something smells fishy, don't it?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Nothing smells fishy to me. I didn't buy from a retail store so returns are probably out of the question more than likely. Or else I would return. I am aware of the 14 day policy. I am more than glad to know that you guys are cautious of this thing we call "the internet". So many people out there trying to scam and what not. I'm sure this thing will sell regardless if its sold through treocentral or not. Like I said though, responsibility comes first in any case.

Thanks
    So how much did you pay for a Sprint 650 if it wasn't from a retail store and you're trying to sell it for $600? (!!!)
    and where did you buy it that returns are unlikely?

If you bought a Sprint phone with a new number it's returnable. Unless it's hot.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I don't think it matters how much I personally paid for it. I think the worth essentially is more important. I can lower the price, but I figure its best to state a good asking price before totally losing value.
    Quote Originally Posted by dialekt
    I don't think it matters how much I personally paid for it. I think the worth essentially is more important. I can lower the price, but I figure its best to state a good asking price before totally losing value.
    Well since anyone can go buy one from MTDN new for 319 with a new number, I'd say your over priced.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    i'll buy it from you......

oh wait....no, I'll just go get it somewhere else for $250 cheaper :P
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Anyone can buy a new phone with new activation for cheaper. (Unless its 250.00 cheaper for the phone itself without activation requirement) Maybe I'm a bit overpriced in comparison to some other deals that are going on. But I guess that is where you look in the other direction. Like I said I can lower the price but 600.00 was the starting price. Shoot some offers if you're interested. Evidently someone must be interested in grabbing a Treo 650 (although maybe not for the starting price), but I would assume from the comments that hopefully someone has an interest in this wonderful little toy.

Once again, thanks for all your concern and opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    and where did you buy it that returns are unlikely?

If you bought a Sprint phone with a new number it's returnable. Unless it's hot.
    again, why dont you just return it?
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I didn't buy it with a new number. I've had sprint for about a year now. I stated earlier that I'm well on my way to switching providers. I bought this phone from a friend who works in Sprint. So essentially, it wasn't from a retail store. And I don't think my friend will be too happy because it took him a lot of nagging from me to get it. So then to say all of a sudden I don't want it no more? I can agree with the questioning majorly because of the price I am asking. How about $570 obo.?
    Heck you can buy a treo without a plan from palm for 599. Youre charging 600..even with the 570...compared to all the bonus things you get from palm thats not a savings at all. Heck as for your friend being mad ...hes going to be pissed either way by you asking him to return the phone, or when he notices you dont have it. So why not bite the bullet and just ask him to return it? Maybe its because youre trying to rip someone off by way overpricing the pricing. Im quite sure you didnt pay anywhere near your asking price.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    hmm..damn i guess no one sees the "OBO" I'm being open to all suggestions.. i guess they think i'm gonna lower the price like 29 cents or something.. bah. If you see it somewhere else cheaper ..go buy it there
    I didn't buy it with a new number. I've had sprint for about a year now. I stated earlier that I'm well on my way to switching providers. I bought this phone from a friend who works in Sprint. So essentially, it wasn't from a retail store. And I don't think my friend will be too happy because it took him a lot of nagging from me to get it. So then to say all of a sudden I don't want it no more? I can agree with the questioning majorly because of the price I am asking. How about $570 obo.?
    Current customers (not new activations) can get a new one from Sprint (with warranty) for $570.

I suggest you put it on ebay, cause nobody here is gonna pay $600, $500, or $400 for a used, no warranty phone.
    FYI:
    Dialekt: I purchased a brand new one on this board...they typically run around $500 on here from what I have seen for unopened...retail version...at least that is what I paid and have seen others about the same.

Joebar: If you have a SprintPCS version of the phone, I can tell you unless the ESN is bad, it will be warrantied no matter where you buy it. They go by the warranty date on the phone which I guess is the in service date. I bought by 600 2nd hand used and they warranted it and replaced it for me when it had a problem. My new 650 I bought on here but not through Sprint or another "retailer" had major problems and they replaced it as well.

That being said, it should have warranty anyway.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    we are now @ $500.00 obo...
    If it was a GSM unlocked phone I can understand $600, but for CDMA you need to bring the price down to sell it.

I willingly paid $650 for my unlocked SX66 pocket PC phone. I'm sure a lot of Treo650 lovers would pay $550-600 for an unlocked T650.
    we are now @ $500.00 obo...
    I offer $200 via PayPal
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast