1.    #1  
    My 2-month old Treo 600 came down with the "Treo Melanoma" recently (orange pixels that grew by the day across the screen). I called PalmOne for an exchange, and they had given me the standard two options:

1) put my credit card down for the price of a new phone, they would send me a (refurbished) replacement in 7-10 days, and I send mine back. I would pay some cash for shipping.

2) Send my phone and wait a few weeks while they repair it.

Instead I tried calling T-Mobile, since I bought mine in a TMo store. Much better service (and the person wasn't in India!) No out-of-pocket shipping necessary...and when I complained that I didn't want a refurbished the CSR made a note of it for me and said he'll see what he can do.

In less than a week, they sent me (what seems like-- I can't tell) a new Treo 600, and I just put my damaged one into their box and mailed it back. No cash outlay, no headache, no major wait and no hassles.

Moral: If it's between your provider and PalmOne, check your provider for any repairs while still under warranty.
    This is not always an option.

T-Mobile does repairs.
    Cingular and ATT do not for Treo 600 but Cingular does for the 650.
    Sprint - they do it all
    Verizon - they do it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by TPucca
    In less than a week, they sent me (what seems like-- I can't tell) a new Treo 600, and I just put my damaged one into their box and mailed it back. No cash outlay, no headache, no major wait and no hassles.
    on sprint Treo you can go to the dialpad and hit ##786 and Dial and you get a bunch of information on screen from the phone (not the cell provider). The screen is labeled RTN and you see Life Timer (minutes) and Life Data and on the second page of the screen Refurb Status: No (or Yes).

Give it a try, maybe it will work on your phone, if you want to know Refurb or not?
    Last edited by davidrmay; 02/10/2005 at 11:14 PM. Reason: more infor
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
  4.    #4  
    Great feature....thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't work on my TMo GSM. I'm sure they have their own version of it which I'll try to find out, since it sounds like an OS feature rather than a provider feature.