Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55
  1. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #21  
    I just find it interesting that the guy who he has talking about has been online here since this was first reported and has said nothing. makes me want to believe the original poster.
  2. #22  
    The absence of any really credible evidence either way makes me want to believe neither. Until we see some verifiable facts, we really have nothing to go on, and the absence of facts, which you are referring to (a reply) really says nothing, if you'll pardon a bit of circularity. What we do know is that it would be foolish to send an expensive possession to an unknown person. Oh, of course, it is true we are all members...of exactly what? I would say...of an anonymous group. That's not the sort of membership that carries anything other than...membership...with it, is it?
  3. #23  
    Yeah I get the feeling we have not heard the whole story here. I replaced a cracked 600 LCD for KRamsauer under similar circumstances. Kurt Fedexed his broken 600 to me. I repaired it and e-mailed him a jpg as proof that it was repaired. He paypal-ed me the agreed upon fee and I sent his repaired 600 back. Kurt took a chance and made out ok. I hope yours will have a happy ending.

    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    The absence of any really credible evidence either way makes me want to believe neither. Until we see some verifiable facts, we really have nothing to go on, and the absence of facts, which you are referring to (a reply) really says nothing, if you'll pardon a bit of circularity. What we do know is that it would be foolish to send an expensive possession to an unknown person. Oh, of course, it is true we are all members...of exactly what? I would say...of an anonymous group. That's not the sort of membership that carries anything other than...membership...with it, is it?
  4. mgauss's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    #24  
    I am surprised at how naive and innocent you Treo travelers are! Yesterday two teenagers asked me if they could borrow my phone to "make a quick phonecall to call their parents."

    I instantly assumed a position with my testicles away from them, guarded by my arm, and said "I am sorry my phone is broken."

    If I had given it to them they would have ran off with it!

    Stop sending your $ 600 phone to con men! If you think the police have time for this you are crazy! There are rapes and murders out there that only get solved 20% of the time! Lock the doors at night!

    And since we are Treo travelers: do not open the hotel door unless You called room service. You wanna wake up without a kidney?
  5. #25  
    Next time someone asks you to borrow your phone to make a call, zap them with your Gauss meter.



    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    I am surprised at how naive and innocent you Treo travelers are! Yesterday two teenagers asked me if they could borrow my phone to "make a quick phonecall to call their parents."

    I instantly assumed a position with my testicles away from them, guarded by my arm, and said "I am sorry my phone is broken."

    If I had given it to them they would have ran off with it!

    Stop sending your $ 600 phone to con men! If you think the police have time for this you are crazy! There are rapes and murders out there that only get solved 20% of the time! Lock the doors at night!

    And since we are Treo travelers: do not open the hotel door unless You called room service. You wanna wake up without a kidney?
  6. Silver5's Avatar
    Posts
    529 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #26  
    Wow! Why are you guys accusing nshahzad of being the fraud? He might have done something that you think he shouldn't have done, but if the person whose information he has listed did receive the Treo 650 and is refusing to return it as was agreed to prior to it being shipped it does seem that it is HE that is the fraud and not nshahzad.

    As for Justin Truong, I do recall that I have actually dealt with him in the past. I did not find his name in my address book nor any emails in Outlook, though they might be on my other laptop, but I don't remember having any problems with him. Would you mind giving a more detailed explaination of what has happened, and maybe a timeline so these folks here can get a better idea of what has occurred? I hate to see a potentially good person have their name ruined (it happened to me on another board so I know how it feels) but I do not want to see someone get scammed either.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by nshahzad
    Just wanted to alert everyone to a situation that my turn out to be a Fraud.
    Justin801 agreed to upgrade my Treo650 to work on Verizon for a fee of $50.00. I sent him the phone via Federal Express and a check for $50.00.
    Justin has not returned the phone, won't answer his phone or email messages.
    He has upgraded the phone and is using it on verizon!! I sent the following letter to the Treo Central Administrators:

    [B]Justin agreed to convert my Treo650 to Verizon and charge me $50.00. I mailed him my Treo650 (new) and a check for $50.00, to the following address:



    Justin Truong

    5066 W. Black Granite Way

    West Valley City, UT 84120

    Phone: 801-633-2565



    I have called him several times but he will not respond since he got the Treo650. Kindly contact him and request that he return my Treo650 or I will file charges against him for Internet Fraud with the FBI. His phone number is 801-633-2565
    [/B][FONT=Arial]

    If anyone knows Justin, please contact him and ask him to return the phone. It is not the price of the phone, but the principal that a fellow member would turn out to be unreliable. If for some reason Justin is not available please let me know, before I inform the authorities and file charges against him.
    It may cost more than your Treo but you could always make a housecall to 5066 W. Black Granite Way... or just send the boys over
    www.gsmworld.com
  8. #28  
    This is why it is suspicious. The accused has not shown up here to explain although obviously if he did nothing wrong he has no duty to explain, but the accuser has not returned here to answer our questions. If I had to bet I'd say the accusation is false because the person who has the burden of supporting his single accusation has not done so, but we still know nothing other than that.
  9.    #29  
    I sent the phone to Justin via Fedex. Here is the tracking number: 848460091306. I sent the unit on 12/13/04. I spoke to him on the 14th and he told me that he would be returning on the 15th and would return my phone (after upgrading it to Verizon) on the 16th. He will not answer his cell phone or respomd to my emails. My monthly cycle with Verizon starts on the 15th of each month. Verzon tell me that after december 15th the phone has been used for a total of 96 minutes. I have asked my lawyer to get the records of the calls made. I wil have the details of all the calls made bythe 20th of January (and will be happy to post the numbers dialed). Please let me know what other details my fellow Treo fan would like from me. I have always trust fellow techies and find this type of theaft very hurtful. It is a matter of Principal beside the fact that I spent $599.00 of a new phone from PalmOne.
  10. #30  
    Why don't you just call him on the (your) cell phone? If he's really using it, you'll get the opportunity to speak to him and ask him why the hell he hasn't returned your phone and why he is using your account. Have you tried that?

    Are you sure there hasn't been even a hint of an issue about some other detail, like the appropriate money to be paid? Has there been no disagreement on such an issue? Anything about the fee, the form of payment, the time it takes for a check to clear, or anything about such a tangential issue?
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by nshahzad
    I sent the phone to Justin via Fedex. Here is the tracking number: 848460091306. I sent the unit on 12/13/04. I spoke to him on the 14th and he told me that he would be returning on the 15th and would return my phone (after upgrading it to Verizon) on the 16th. He will not answer his cell phone or respomd to my emails. My monthly cycle with Verizon starts on the 15th of each month. Verzon tell me that after december 15th the phone has been used for a total of 96 minutes. I have asked my lawyer to get the records of the calls made. I wil have the details of all the calls made bythe 20th of January (and will be happy to post the numbers dialed). Please let me know what other details my fellow Treo fan would like from me. I have always trust fellow techies and find this type of theaft very hurtful. It is a matter of Principal beside the fact that I spent $599.00 of a new phone from PalmOne.
    Your phone definitely made it to Justin's location. I checked the FedEx tracking number and I find it strange that there is no Signature Proof Of Delivery. The package was left at the door...."Left at front door. No signature required - release waiver on file". I guess Justin pre-authorized FedEx to leave your Treo650 unattendedly at his door. But then again, there should be some form of Justin's signature in release waiver.
  12.    #32  
    Here is the sting of email exchange between me and Justin (for the unbelivers). If anyone knows Justin, please contact him.

    rom: Justin Truong [mailto:justintruong@gmail.com]
    Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 11:44 AM
    To: nshahzad@verizon.net
    Subject: Re: Sprint Treo650 to Verizon

    801-633-2565


    On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:14:52 -0500, Nshahzad <nshahzad@verizon.net> wrote:
    > Hi Justin: Thanks. I will try to send the unit today. Please let me
    have
    > your phone or cell number.
    >
    > nadeem
    >
    >
    >
    > -----Original Message-----
    > From: Justin Truong [mailto:justintruong@gmail.com]
    > Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 11:46 AM
    > To: NadeemShahzad@verizon.net
    > Subject: Re: Sprint Treo650 to Verizon
    >
    > Justin Truong
    > 5066 W. Black Granite Wy
    > West Valley City, UT 84120
    >
    > On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:38:44 -0500, Nadeem Shahzad
    > <NadeemShahzad@verizon.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hi Justin: thanks for your help. Please email me your address. I
    > > will send my trea650 and a check for $50.00. Appreciate your willingness.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Regards, Nadeem
  13. #33  
    LoL That says nothing about what he's supposed to be doing with the phone. You could be paying him 50 bucks to take the phone off your hands...
    And stop telling people to call him. Either you call him, or file a complaint. None of us can fix this, IF what you say actually happened.
  14. #34  
    I say you chalk this one up to a hard lesson learned. I know it sucks but honestly, the bulk of the blame lies with you.
  15. #35  
    There are about a dozen questions that remain unanswered. Among them are:

    1. did the check clear?
    2. was there any other communication between the two before after and during this email exchange?
    3. what were the arrangements, if any, for further paymenets for shipping, insurance, etc?
  16.    #36  
    My only reson for requesting that if anyone knew Justin they should call him, because I don't think he is fully aware of the conquences of my filing a Police Report. Today I did file a Police Report with the West Valley City, UT police. The Police Department has assured me that they will investigate the matter, and prosocute the case.
  17. #37  
    Why did you not call the phone? Why did you not answer any of our questions? The Police department in Utah cannot prosecute the case unless you go to Utah. When are you going?
  18.    #38  
    1. ck has not cleared
    2.We spoke on the phone and he asked for the MSL
    3.I sent him a FedEx label, insured for $650.00 for the return. Utah police have registered the case and assigned it to the theft division (I have the case number). I have retained a lawyer to handle the case in UT.
  19. #39  
    Well that is a truly amazing story. It strains credulity. To really prosecute him in Utah, unfortunately, you will still have to go there but I suppose they can still file the charges without you.
  20. #40  
    Mdavis....So if you took a computer to Best Buy and they never give it back or claim they do not have it...who would you prosecute and for what?

    Of course interpretation is always a factor...Also in play is the intent of the "suspect". If he claims to be still fixing it once he is found criminal is out....civil is the only way to go. I don't think we have enough to judge one way or another.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions