Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know some of you have been lucky to have good experiences with Dan's Celluar, but the guy is a jerk plain and simple. I have read a thread where he essentially cursed out a customer, and I had the personal experience of ordering from him and he failed to respond to my e-mail and it took him 2 weeks to get an order to me. Then, the jerk has the audacity to give me a negative rating without any basis in fact. A case of simple retalation. Everyone should know that dan is a Jerk and that you should steer clear of his store. He can't take the truth, and he can't deliver the product in a timely manner.
    crikey..it's xmas eve mate...lighten up...merry xmas everyone !!
    So where did he get the overwhelming positive Ebay feedback?

I'll stop shopping from him when he cusses ME out.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    well while I think it's a result of the fact that ebay bugs you to rate and you normally give good feedback for correct transactions. The true measure of ebay feedback should include when there is a problem. I think dan has such excellent feedback because he has had many many successful transactions, not because of his great customerservice. Now I have had no problems with Dan, so this is not an attack or a defense just my .02 cents
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    well while I think it's a result of the fact that ebay bugs you to rate and you normally give good feedback for correct transactions. The true measure of ebay feedback should include when there is a problem. I think dan has such excellent feedback because he has had many many successful transactions, not because of his great customerservice. Now I have had no problems with Dan, so this is not an attack or a defense just my .02 cents
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    how many threads do we really need about Dan's.
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    how many threads do we really need about Dan's.
    no kidding.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  8.    #8  
    Obviously Dan has a relatively positive record on ebay because he pounces on any ebayer who tells the truth by retaliating with a negative rating. Ebay should have a double blind rating system to be fair. In the interim, dan is slow, a poor communicator, a liar, and nasty. Does this type of person deserve our business when there are countless solid vendors out there? I say bye to Dan, I'm giving him the old heave ho!
    That's funny - I got my headset from him today - I ordered it Friday night, it shipped on Monday, and today it arrived. I don't call that slow. I've emailed him with questions, and had responses back in a few hours. I don't know how to explain the wide differences in experiences with Dan, but I can assure you that I haven't been pounced on because I haven't had anything but good experiences with him. I don't know what to say other than that, so I'll drop it here. My headset is here, works as promised, included the extras it was supposed to, was a great price, and (USPS notwithstanding) didn't take too long at all, especially at Christmastime.

Then again, there's some people who probably think I'm a worthless <snip> or one reason or another. Personality clashes, misunderstandings, and just plain old bad days can conspire to upset almost any apple cart when the circumstances are right.
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 12/24/2004 at 04:13 PM. Reason: inappropriate content

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  10.    #10  
    You were obviously lucky Joe. you're lucky you didn't have a problem with him, let alone tell the truth about it on ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    You were obviously lucky Joe. you're lucky you didn't have a problem with him, let alone tell the truth about it on ebay.
    Ya dude 25000 people lied. And how did Dan get them to do that anyway?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I ordered at the end of last week and received my item yesterday as well, no problems with Dan.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Ya dude 25000 people lied. And how did Dan get them to do that anyway?
    Most people value their ebay rating over an above the truth, so most people are afraid to relay their bad experience with Dan. That's the reality. If ebay had a double blind system, jerks like Dan would be out of business in a matter of weeks.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    So where did he get the overwhelming positive Ebay feedback?

I'll stop shopping from him when he cusses ME out.
    It's just a matter of time Joe. See you shopping at Dan's competitors soon!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    Most people value their ebay rating over an above the truth,
    And you know this of course because you have spoken with most of the ebayers in the world and they have told you this? Hardly. You assume this because that is how YOU look at it. Please dont project your fears onto the rest of us. Yes ebay's system has flaws but that does not make everyone who shops there a coward.

If youre the samrtest one of us and someday Dan goes out of business, fine you'll be right. In the meantime the Vast Majority of his customers disagree with you. Accept it and move on.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Incidentally, I shop at Dan's competitors too, especially when I need something that Dan doesn't carry. And, truth be told, I didn't know about Dan until reading on here about people ordering from him and how happy they were.

I guess my entire response to anyone who hates Dan as much as this guy does would be a resounding "Whatever, Dude...". Pretty much the same response I give to the Mac owners, Met fans, Jehovah's Witnesses, and anyone else who tries to convince me that their viewpoint is The Only Viewpoint That Matters Where This Subject Is Concerned.

...And to all, a good night.

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear about your troubles ,But hes not all that bad.

Positive Feedback 25949
    Negative Feedback 214

Positive feedback posted 34521 Im pretty sure thats approx 10,000 return or multi purchase buyers as ebay only lists feedback once per ebay address. (I think?)

Numbers speak for themselves

Again have never had issue with Dan a Great "store" for phone accessories.
  18.    #18  
    It's amazing how dan and his defenders seem to think the positive vs. negative feedback numbers for Dan mean anything. the numbers aren't credible because Dan uses his ability to give negative ratings to buyers to intimidate. Who out there is willing to take a hit from Dan if they tell the truth? Most people would conclude it's not worth it. Merry Christmas Joe, and "whatever dude" to you too!
    You seem to imply that everyone has had some traumatic experience in dealing with Dan and is simply not telling the truth for fear that their precious Ebay account will take a feedback nosedive. What you apparently fail to account for is that, unlike your assertion, I *AM* TELLING THE TRUTH. Therefore, Dan's got no reason to intimidate me, harass me, or cuss me out in email. Or do you think I'm just part of Dan's well-oiled propaganda machine? Are the MIB's involved? NASA?

Man, putting together Christmas presents for my daughter 'till 5am did nothing to help my sunny disposition..

I guess finkkatz thinks the whole ebay crowd is a bunch of spineless wimps. As with Joe Tampa, my feedabck is about the truth. My experience with Dan was perfect.

fink in order for you theory to hold any water at all, Dan would have to include some sort of threatening letter with each product advising the buyers he will give negative feedback if they are all unhappy with his products, prices or service. I have ordered several times from him and have never gotten this letter. If you did would you please post it for us to read?

I think finkkatz that you are attempting to project your fear of negative feedback on the rest of us unjustly. I dont care if I get negative feedback that is bs because I can respond. Also I dont get negative feedback because I am a good seller and a good buyer. I only leave negative feedback if it is warranted. Dan's Cellular operates the same way.

I imagine that your theory would be possible a few times but 25k -35k times is really farfetched. Why dont you just accept that Dan has treated most people fine and you caught him on a bad day.

As other posters have said, I will buy from him until he sh*ts on me, because his prices are great. Oh and I dont buy that it took 2 weeks for you to get your item. Care to share the proof with us. Post the auction link and share your ebay user name so we can verify your story.

Hope you got something that made you happy for Christmas!!
    — Ed Howdershelt
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast