Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67
  1. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #21  
    And actually I ordered through email NOT through ebay so if i wanted to complain I certainly could without recourse from dan
  2.    #22  
    I'm glad I sparked such a lively debate. For those of you who havehad good experiences with Dan, I obviously cannot, and I do not, intend to change your opinions of him. I've seen a couple of negative threads about him in this forum and a few others, and I actually looked on ebay to see who negatively rated him and what his response has been. He sucked from my experience, and he's given many others who have negatively rated him a negative retaliatory response. How in good faith can you give a buyer a negative rating if they pay you immediately? The answer is you can't, and whether you think Dan has done right by you or not, it's dishonest to give someone a negative rating simply to retailate. I hope that we can all agree upon that. Merry Christmas to all.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    How in good faith can you give a buyer a negative rating if they pay you immediately? The answer is you can't, and whether you think Dan has done right by you or not, it's dishonest to give someone a negative rating simply to retailate. I hope that we can all agree upon that. Merry Christmas to all.
    I think folks need to look past Fink's frustration and look at the central point of his argument, as it has a lot of merit. Ebay varies from regular retail in one major way: The ebay retailer can inflict damage on their buyers.

    For instance, if you go to a local store and return a product, they do not retaliate against you publicly. There is a tendency on ebay, however, for ebay retailers to seek revenge on buyers they have disagreements with.

    As an example, I purchased an item from a reputable seller last year, (buy it now, paid immediately) and the product did not show for a week. After multiple emails with no response, I posted a negative feedback. The seller then responded a few days later with a vague revenge negative feedback on me. I did receive the product about a week after that.

    The bottom line is he was a reputable seller who had messed up. Instead of taking this constructive negative feedback like a man, he posted revenge feedback, which damaged me much more than him.

    Now I look at good seller's negative feedback, and check to see how often they post revenge feedback. If it's almost every transaction that goes bad, then I suspect it's a seller who can't take a little criticism. If you are an ebay seller who blames your customer each time there's a problem, I will avoid you.

    Ebay should add a column for negative "revenge" feedback that's been posted after original negative feedback.

    Clue
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    I think folks need to look past Fink's frustration and look at the central point of his argument, as it has a lot of merit. Ebay varies from regular retail in one major way: The ebay retailer can inflict damage on their buyers.

    For instance, if you go to a local store and return a product, they do not retaliate against you publicly. There is a tendency on ebay, however, for ebay retailers to seek revenge on buyers they have disagreements with.

    As an example, I purchased an item from a reputable seller last year, (buy it now, paid immediately) and the product did not show for a week. After multiple emails with no response, I posted a negative feedback. The seller then responded a few days later with a vague revenge negative feedback on me. I did receive the product about a week after that.

    The bottom line is he was a reputable seller who had messed up. Instead of taking this constructive negative feedback like a man, he posted revenge feedback, which damaged me much more than him.

    Now I look at good seller's negative feedback, and check to see how often they post revenge feedback. If it's almost every transaction that goes bad, then I suspect it's a seller who can't take a little criticism. If you are an ebay seller who blames your customer each time there's a problem, I will avoid you.

    Ebay should add a column for negative "revenge" feedback that's been posted after original negative feedback.

    Clue
    Thanks for seeing my point on the ebay rating system Clue. The only real solution to make the rating system legitimate is to force both the buyer and seller to submit ratings before either is published. I don't know if eBay even cares about this obvious problem, but I have corresponded with them and gave them my suggestion for whatever it'll be worth.
  5. #25  
    I completely agree with Woof.
    I have ordered from Dan six times over the past 2 years and he has always been a perfect gentleman and treated me very well.
    I am grateful to have such amazing prices on accessories and have never had a single problem with him.
    It is time to stop beating this dead horse.

    So you have a grudge, move on and stop ruining this man's name.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    I obviously cannot, and I do not, intend to change your opinions of him.
    Oh?

    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    Everyone should know that dan is a Jerk and that you should steer clear of his store.

    The retaliatory issue aside (and I agree with you on that, BTW), the whole point of this thread has been your assertion that Dan is a horrible person who thrashes negative feedback on anyone who dares tell the truth that their transaction went horribly awry, with the implication that said experience has been similarly horrible for the vast majority of us, who, like sheep, post GOOD feedback about a bad experience hoping that Dan won't trash us, rendering us unfit for internet commerce again.

    All we've tried to say is that you are projecting your dissatisfaction on us, and it is unwarranted.

    I called a well-respected camera store a few months back and apparently got a salesmen with the first recorded case of male PMS on the phone. He seemed genuinely insulted that I had questions to ask (like the price and availability of merchandise, and how long it might take to get here). Suffice it to say that I did not buy anything. However, I did not immediately get on an internet forum (and I participate in a few photography forums) and body slam them as being a rotte business, especially in light of the fact that they ARE well respected. A more constructive post would have said, "I know that most of you have had great experiences with Dan, but I just had an awful one, here's the details, just FYI..". If enough of us see enough posts like that, it might sway a purchasing decision. Your post, however, sounded more like the plotline for "Enemy Of The State".
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  7. #27  
    I don't think the issue is whether Dan is a reputable seller or not, as his feedback shows he is. The question is how does he handle customer complaints?

    If fink wants to spend some of that frustration to good use, he should cross check each one of the negative feedbacks Dan has received, and of those, what percent has Dan posted negative feedback on the buyer? If it's a low percentage, it will make Dan look even more impressive.

    However, if Dan posts negative feedback on almost everyone who posts negative on him, then it would appear that the few times that he has problems, he blames his customers.

    It's just something to consider when buying from someone.

    Clue
  8.    #28  
    while a couple of you may have had more fortunate experiences with Dan (and one or two of you might be dan or his employee(s) for all the rest of us know), he not only provided me with terrible customer service, he retaliated against my telling the truth using the flawed ebay system of providing feedback. The ebay feedback system is flawed and Dan took two weeks to deliver an item he had in stock to me. two facts, like it or not
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    while a couple of you may have had more fortunate experiences with Dan (and one or two of you might be dan or his employee(s) for all the rest of us know), he not only provided me with terrible customer service, he retaliated against my telling the truth using the flawed ebay system of providing feedback. The ebay feedback system is flawed and Dan took two weeks to deliver an item he had in stock to me. two facts, like it or not
    ROFLMAO!!

    Fink you have lost it. Now we're Dan or his employees? Have you always been this paranoid? Get a life. For all we know you could work for or be one of Dan's competitors. LOL!!

    For what it's worth we got your point. You had a bad experience and wont buy from Dan again. Great. Happy for you. Based on your glowing review of ebay's feedback system, I would say you shouldn't buy from anyone there and should just go to a store where they dont do feedback.

    I would still like proof that your item took 2 weeks to arrive. Please share the link to the item you bought from Dan.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  10. #30  
    You gotta love the internet!

    I did a little investigation on ebay and I found your auction finkkatz. Pretty easy considering katz is in the name here and on ebay, and of course you left feedback that fits perfectly. Lets look at some details shall we?

    The auction you bought on. I should say auctions as there were three.
    phone case
    date of sale The date is Dec 9th for those that dont want to click through.
    Feedback left by you for Dan.. it says one week to ship two weeks to arrive.

    Now all the others are the same so I am going to just post the auction links and not the rest
    auction #2 car charger
    auction #3 battery. This auction didnt actually end until 9:45pm(eastern) on the 10th.

    The common theme with all the feedback you left is the date December 20th. Now I don't know where you went to school or picked up your math skills but if you left feedback that said "product arrived as promised, two wks to arrive" on the 20th of December and your last auction ended on the 10, how is that 2 weeks to arrive?? 20 - 10 is 10. 2 weeks is 14 days.
    Also the 10th was a friday and I am guessing Dan doesnt work Saturdays, so the earliest it could have shipped was Monday the 13th. Now Dan says in most cases tems ship within 1-3 business days. So lets see. Closes on Friday the 19th. 1,2,3 business days would be Wednesday or so. Now Dan uses USPS Priority mail which is 2-3 business days usually. You got the items on Monday the 20th. Well now wait, you posted feedback on the 20th. No guarantee you got them the same day. You might have received them on Saturday, but I'll be generous.
    So if you got them on 12/20 they must have shipped on Thurdays 12/16. Ok so Dan went just a day over the "estimated" 1-3 days. Either way you look at it it's NOT TWO WEEKS!!!!!!

    So one could say you lied in your feedback about the time it took to get your items. You also lied to everyone here in telling them how long it took to get your stuff. Dan put it nicely in his feedback to you, "ebay is about HONESTY. Where do you get 2 weeks??? BE HONEST!!!!!!!!!! D- ebayer". He nailed you pal.

    One should also look at your feedback overall. You throw negatives out pretty often This is just a little perspective for those that finkkatz has a case against Dan.

    Dan's feedback as of 12/26/04
    Feedback Score: 25786
    Positive Feedback: 99.2%
    Members who left a positive: 25996
    Members who left a negative: 215
    All positive feedback received: 34587

    Finkkatz (not his ebay name) feedback as of 12/26/04
    Feedback Score: 26
    Positive Feedback: 93.3%
    Members who left a positive: 28
    Members who left a negative: 2
    All positive feedback received: 28

    Katz you have nothing on Dan. I would not buy from you.

    Here's mine just for reference

    Feedback Score: 152
    Positive Feedback: 99.4%
    Members who left a positive: 153
    Members who left a negative: 1
    All positive feedback received: 155


    Thanks for sharing your lies with us. That is what you have done. The facts speak for themselves. I hope those that read this will think again about not doing business with Dan based on your comments.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  11.    #31  
    Woof is putting so much energy into this because he IS Dan. the truth hurts, I guess.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    Woof is putting so much energy into this because he IS Dan. the truth hurts, I guess.
    Ya whatever. Have the mods check ip's for me and Dan. Not even close. He's in Connecticut and I am in Washington state. Be a neat trick, but it not the case.

    As far as truth goes...well again the facts speak volumes about your "truth".
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  13.    #33  
    bro, no one except dan or his mother would put so much energy into trying to keep me from stating the truth of my experience with Dan. it would make no sense for me to give someone a negative rating on e-bay for no reason and follow up by informing my fellow Treo users of my problems with dan if they weren't true. On the other hand, your inexplicable "devotion" to a guy you claim has no connection with you is puzzling.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    bro, no one except dan or his mother would put so much energy into trying to keep me from stating the truth of my experience with Dan. it would make no sense for me to give someone a negative rating on e-bay for no reason and follow up by informing my fellow Treo users of my problems with dan if they weren't true. On the other hand, your inexplicable "devotion" to a guy you claim has no connection with you is puzzling.
    Even if I was Dan, the fact that your auctions closed on the 9th and 10th and you posted feedback on the 20th, doesn't change THE FACT that that isnt two weeks. So even though I am not Dan or his mother and I am certainly not your "bro", you are NOT stating the truth. Period. Also I am not trying to keep you from stating the truth. I'd actually prefer to see it.

    And there are plenty of people who would defend someone who has treated them good in business. You wouldnt understand that as your feedback shows you dont treat yours very well.

    Besides I don't really have much use for liars.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  15. #35  
    Well, fink, if Woof and I are Dan and his employees, then you must be his competition.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  16. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    bro, no one except dan or his mother would put so much energy into trying to keep me from stating the truth of my experience with Dan. it would make no sense for me to give someone a negative rating on e-bay for no reason and follow up by informing my fellow Treo users of my problems with dan if they weren't true. On the other hand, your inexplicable "devotion" to a guy you claim has no connection with you is puzzling.
    I am (LOL) Just to upset your more,I used my staff discount at Dan's again last night. (LOL)

    Your kidding right?

    We are Dan's staff or dan?

    25,000 people lied with thier feedback of Dan ??

    GREAT detective work Woof.

    Fink the truth Hurts??
  17. #37  
    Not only that, but he backed out of (or just refused to pay for) four items, and, if the feedback is to be believed, didn't send a product to someone who paid for it.

    Perhaps Ebay just isn't for you, Fink.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  18. #38  
    I have use Dan's twice and I will say the experience was above my expectations. He even substituted different equipment when I asked because I didn't need everything in the package. Delivery was quick. My BT headset arrived 5 days after I ordered it. I think this is the rule of a squeaky wheel getting the most grease. This forum is used to it as we love to complain about our favorite treos.
  19. #39  
    Amazing! Katz has left 24 feedbacks and of those, 5 are negatives and 3 are neutral.

    This guys is only satisfied with approximately 67% of his transactions but we should listen to him?

    Good grief!

    I bet its fun going to a restaraunt with him!!!



    (PS: To my knowledge, I am in no way connected to Dan's Cellular...I am not Dan; I am not Dan's spouse or his children; that I know of, I have no relation to Dan or his children or spouse; )
    Last edited by mrmodine; 12/27/2004 at 10:42 PM.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    Well, fink, if Woof and I are Dan and his employees, then you must be his competition.

    Hey Joe I'll give you free shipping if you give me free shipping.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions