1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,
    I finally took the plunge and purchased a Blue Visor Deluxe today. However, I have two problems that irked me. First of all, the power button seems to be acting flakey..if I don't press it for more than a quick press of the button it doesn't always respond. Secondly, it appears as if I "might" have the DRAM problem. Seeing as I just forked out $250 and would prefer a non-defective unit I may return this to Staples tomorrow and order one direct from Handspring.

There is where my question is.. If I do order one from HS directly, is there any chance of receiving a unit with the memory issue?

Thanks..
    Keith
    I am assuming that the current shipments do not have the 8MB DRAM issue (it says shipments between Jan and June):
    http://www.handspring.com/support/ts_errors.asp

Joe
    As for the power button remember pressing the power button for 2 seconds enables the backligh 9which is hard to see if it is not real dark out) could this be your problem?

KLW
    You should not have the DRAM problem in your direct-from-HS visor.

As a side note, I actually purchased my first HSVD from Best Buy, found that it had the DRAM bug, and then called HS and asked if I could return it for a replacement. They did this with no questions asked, and I now have a Visor without the DRAM bug...

I had thought that HS wouldn't replace Visors sold through retail channels, but I guess I proved myself wrong!
    Not entirely true, at least in my case

I ordered my Visor Deluxe on the 17/07/2000 direct from Handspring for a UK sale recieved it on the 20/07/2000

It arrived with the metal stylus but also the DRAM bug fortunately the patch was out before I really found out, and I have no idea what battery life would have been like cos I never had it long enough...