1.    #1  
    Hi ALl,

How much does the GVD cost in CAN$$ for those people in Canada that recently ordered them? I was just wondering as I was one of the first to get them last year and Customs charged me nearly CAN$60/- for duty. I hear this might be different now. Can someone give me the total price after taxes and (duty if any) ?
    I paid $295 US including shipping and tax. But I haven't received mine yet.
  3.    #3  
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. When did you order? And which province are you from? I just ordered yesterday from Ottawa, Ontario. Just wondered if I might have to pay duty again at the CanadaPost office when I pick up my Visor Deluxe package.
    Originally posted by Traveller:
    ...the total price after taxes and (duty if any)
    Geez... whatever happened to NAFTA?

------------------
    MarkEagle - Ice is nice!
  5.    #5  
    You have to pay duty if the product is not made in the USA. That's what happened to NAFTA.
    Although legal (I think), it is unusual for Customs to charge duty on items like these even though they aren't made in the US. Indeed, even if you buy a foreign product from a US store you still usually don't pay duty.

You may be thinking about GST (+/- PST). I didn't think there were any brokerage fees. Lessee. US$250=CAD$375. 15% of $375 = CAD$56. So $60 sounds about right, if you were charged both GST and PST.

------------------
    Eugene Hsieh
    Editor, VisorCentral FAQ
    Come visit my homepage.