1.    #1  
    Looks like Handspring is shipping to Canada again

About time!
    "GST and HST will apply to all orders, PST will apply for residents of British Columbia only"

Not sure what they mean, but not just BC charges PST on imports. For instance, Ontario does too (not previously).

"Delivery fee includes customs clearance at the border"

This is key. Brokerage charges can be in the range of ~$25 for some companies. I'm glad that Handspring has looked into this and has gone with a company that does not charge extra.

------------------
    Eugene Hsieh
    Editor, VisorCentral FAQ
    Come visit my homepage.
  3.    #3  
    Eug:

They only charge PST for British Columbia. I live in ONtario and i was only charged the 7% GST. HST is charged for orders being shipped to the Maritimes. BTW my order was shipped out within two days (June 30th) Not bad at all
    Actually, you have a legal obligation to send a cheque to the Ontario government for 8% of your purchase to pay the PST (as you do with all purchases made outside the province).

Which, of course, we will all do as soon as our Visors arrive.

D
    Originally posted by DanWig:
    Actually, you have a legal obligation to send a cheque to the Ontario government for 8% of your purchase to pay the PST (as you do with all purchases made outside the province).
    D

ha..haha....hahaHAHAH>>HAHAHAH!!H!H!!HAA!!

oh....wow...you made me laugh! thanks for the joke of the day!!
    Interesting.

I was charged both. (Actually twice, both by Handspring and by customs, but Handspring refunded the difference.) However, I purchased mine during the first batch in 1999.

This is odd, since anything that has been coming through the border for me in the last year has had both PST and GST charged. This was NOT the case 3 years ago.

------------------
    Eugene Hsieh
    Editor, VisorCentral FAQ
    Come visit my homepage.
    Originally posted by Eug:
    coming through the border for me in the last year has had both PST and GST charged. This was NOT the case 3 years ago.

Very weird... last item I purchased from the US was just a couple of weeks ago - they added GST, but not PST... of course I sent a cheque to Mikey right away...

Maybe there's some port of call that is doint it as a trial? Or maybe there's a lower limit on how much the item costs? The funky antenae I purchased for my Mot' i1000+ was less than $20. Oh well - un-equal treatment under the law is the traditional foundation of a violent uprising... hope they know what they're doing!
  8.    #8  
    Eug:

I think the double-charge was the reason why Handspring stop shipping to Canada last year. It seems that they have their logistics sorted out this time around.

The ON govt now have a surplus. There is no need for us to send them a PST cheque
  9.    #9  
    I received my package today!!!!

I am impress!