1.    #1  
    For the benefit of the Canadian users:
    I received an email today from Chris at Handheld Interfaces informing me that due to circumstances beyond their control, they can no longer offer Visors or their accessories.
    Does anyone know if there's a way to get a backup and modem module up to Canada?
    have you tried amazon.com?

Jazz:

This might be a sign that handspring will be shipping to Canada again very soon.
    Unfortunately Amazon will not ship visors to Canada.

I certainly hope this means that we can soon by Visors in Canada but with HS's track record I'll believe it when I see it.

5.    #5  
    Originally posted by kerryw:
    Unfortunately Amazon will not ship visors to Canada.
    Bummer. I got another email in response to a request for a bit more info from Handheld Interfaces. Chris says it's not that they _can't_ sell them, it's that it's not worth it to sell them, at least not until they can get them through "regular distribution" (my quotes, may not be his exact words).
    So I don't know what that means, other than that we're collectively hooped up here.

I certainly hope this means that we can soon by Visors in Canada but with HS's track record I'll believe it when I see it.
    I'm with you.
    Some entrepneur should buy dozens of visors and ship them up to Canada (for a premium, of course )
    ---
    -Jeff318
    Jeff318:

Thats what handheldinterfaces.com was doing and they were making a pittance. Thats why they stopped. There is a huge charge at the border (taxes and customs charges).