1.    #1  
    I recently ordered a GVD for my wife. We received it about three weeks ago, but due to moving to a new house and other things, we didn't actually open the box until this past week.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a premium metal stylus (normally sold separately as a 5 pack) as the standard stylus. Looks like HS is listening to user feedback (or they just ran out of the cheap plastic ones).
  2. bjr
    The GVX I received on May 5 was also shipped with a premium metal stylus. The replacement GVX I received on May 11 was shipped with a plastic stylus. I returned the plastic stylus with the original GVX (which was returned because the top right corner of the screen was moving down approx. 1 mm when pushed with a stylus).

Customer service was very responsive, the new toll free number was great, the GVX replacement was new. All in all, a happy experience.
    I recently ordered another VDX and emailed Handspring about this issue. They told me some ship with plastic styli and some with metal ones. Isn't that random?
    They told me some ship with plastic styli and some with metal ones.
    I REALLY wish they'd get their act together. That is just idiotic.
    I ordered my Visor Deluxe (Charcoal) on a Thursday and got it the next Monday. It came with a metal stylus. I had no idea it was the premium piece. It is awfully cool, though...
    And to add--

When I got my first GVD earlier this month, it came with the metal stylus.

When I had to send it back two days later, the replacement unit I was shipped also came with the metal stylus. I've never seen the plastic ones (tho-- if I could pick up some of the plastic ones you're not using, I'd take 'em-- as backups for whenever I misplace the good one :-)
    Well, handspring must have gotten there act together concerning the shipping problem!! I ordered mine on Monday and received it today (25 May 00). And yes, it did ship with a metal stylus.