1.    #1  
    Ordered a dlx yesterday morning, hadn't received e-mail confirmation of the order by this morning so went on-line to check the order status.

Handspring site couldn't find my order, so I rang Customer Services and they can't find my order either.

I'm still waiting for them to ring me back.

------------------
    Regards,
    Jim Nurcombe
    jim@nurcombe.net
  2.    #2  
    My order now appears to have turned up, but it now looks like I have an order for two, when I only ordered one.

It looks like HandSpring are going through the same teething troubles as when they released in the US.

You would have thought they'd have learnt their lesson.

------------------
    Regards,
    Jim Nurcombe
    jim@nurcombe.net
    Executive summary: Handspring have started learned from their mistakes.

More generally:

I'm living in the UK (Cambridge, to be precise). I've had a visor for about two months, courtesy of my cousin in the US. Unfortunately, I didn't read the small print and thought that an extra USB cradle was just the thing for my USB-equipped PC at work... running NT4. Whoops! OK, so I need a serial cradle.

So the other day when I saw that Handspring were now shipping in Europe, I immediately hit the site and ordered a serial cradle and a new case (what the heck). OK, fine. That was Tuesday afternoon. The shipping operation seems to be based out of the Netherlands, so I figured it could be a while. I print out my receipt and get settled for a long wait.

Yesterday afternoon, I still haven't had the "email within 24 hours confirming your order". Uh-oh. Sounds like the European operation is having the same problems the US one did....

... or maybe not. Although I didn't get a confirmation email, I _did_ get the package. Within 48 hours of my order. Sorted!

So: the news from Handspring Europe is not all bad. Certainly, my experience was pretty much A-OK.

Cheers!

Jack

PS: I note with interest that the packaging for the cradle has - as well as English and German on it - Japanese text. Handspring Japan rolling out soon or what?

4.    #4  
    Yahaaaay! I am a vey happy bunny.

My visor arrived yesterday, two days after I ordered it. BWILLIANT.

First impresions are: it's better than I was expecting!!!