1.    #1  
    If I could add !'s to the thumbs down logo, I would.

You might remember a message I posted a while ago about the Visor being lost/stolen in the mail.

Well, it's been pretty much two months, I still don't have my VDX.

Every week, a phone call to Handspring that isn't free results in some drone promising that it will ship this week or that they will email when it ships, etc. etc. EVERY week. And every week they apologize for not shipping it, etc. etc. This includes speaking to a Supervisor, to no avail.

I am going to cancel the order this coming week and buy a Palm instead. A two month wait is unreasonable for a product that is shipping to everyone else in a week or less. And I paid for express shipping too. So it's discrimination not to give me what I paid for.

I'm not ever buying from Handspring again if I don't get my stuff asap, and I'll recommend to others to avoid them like the plague.

I only wish they read this board so they could see up close and personal how their terrible service has cost them word of mouth of both me and a friend.

This is the worst customer service I have ever seen of ANY company in my entire LIFE.
  2.    #2  
    As an early followup to my own message, today a nice lady from Handspring head office emailed me saying she was given a copy of my posting and wanted to know what happened, etc.

It is supposed to arrive tomorrow or Monday now.

When I get it, I will post notice that I did receive it and if there was a bonus included.

I am very happy that she was interested in resolving the issue, and was very quick in dealing with it, so I applaud this. I wish their contracted customer service reps were as efficient.
    Im on my fourth atempt to recieve a handspring with out something getting mixed up during processing. They have yet to give me an email to tell me the orders have been rejected or even to tell me why. I dont even want a Visor any more Im just humoring myself seeing how bad one company possibly can be. When I get it Ill return it. Funny how theres no stories about how they fail to charge a customer in all their confussion.
    Bismarck,
    I, too, have felt your pain with HS customer service but I think things are getting better. After a 70 day wait, 6 LD phone calls, 3 emails, and one snail mail letter to corporate headquarters, I finally received my replacement visor for the one with a broken screen I sent for repair(my fault). What finally got through to them was my third email to customer feedback on their website. Some dedicated and sympathetic email reading CS employee actually followed through after an offer of help in response to my impassioned plea for assistance. This is in stark contrast to all the phone reps who promised everything but delivered nothing. I still haven't received the promised styli 5 pack I was billed for but never received back in December, but I was told in the email my credit card would be credited with the charge. We'll see. Anyway, I'm grateful for finally having gotten the Visor. Maybe things are improving at CS.
    ps-How do I prevoke an email from the head office!tommywayne@acninc.net-I got stories for them!
    Originally posted by tommywayne:
    Im on my fourth atempt to recieve a handspring with out something getting mixed up during processing. They have yet to give me an email to tell me the orders have been rejected or even to tell me why. I dont even want a Visor any more Im just humoring myself seeing how bad one company possibly can be. When I get it Ill return it. Funny how theres no stories about how they fail to charge a customer in all their confussion.
  6.    #6  
    As promised, I am posting a followup to my own message.

I have my Visor DLX now and it works A-OK and I'm quite happy with it and at how fast the person from Handspring was able to resolve it.

She was also very nice to me by issuing a complimentary backup module which shows me that they do care about their customers (head office that is, heh).

So all's well that ends well.