1. TJ
    My Visor Deluxe LCD display broke, it was all downhill from there. I loved the product until I had to deal with customer service. After 31 days and five promises of "it's in the mail", I told them to keep my Visor and credit my account. Since then I have received, and sent back, two new Visor deluxes. It's been 24 days since I was promised my credit and multiple phone calls later, I still am out the $300.00. I was told yesterday by Handspring that the credit will post Monday. . . My brother sent his Palm IIIx back for a broken display and received a refurbished one in 2 days, maybe Handspring should follow Palms lead. I now own a Palm Vx and love it...
    TJ:

Handspring seems to be doing a better job now with replacements. Its too bad there screw up caused you to switch to the Palm Pilot.
  3. TJ
    QUOTE]Originally posted by yardie:
    TJ:

Handspring seems to be doing a better job now with replacements. Its too bad there screw up caused you to switch to the Palm Pilot.
    [/QUOTE]

I hope they are getting better. A co-worker of mine is having trouble transmitting through the IR port. Right now, he's dealing with it because he figures a visor that is working at 75% is better than no Visor at all.
    TJ

4. Jay
    I am so totally fed up with Handspring it's not funny. I just sent a long complaint to Donna Dubinsky (guessed her email) after getting BIG-TIME runaround from both CS and from Handspring's corporate office itself, which I called in desperation.

Basically, I have a broken unit and still no replacement, after much hassle.

If I don't get a satisfactory resolution tomorrow, I'm sending it all back and getting a Palm IIIxe. It's module-expandable too, and it's the same basic price as Handspring.

Then I'll just have to worry about getting my account credited. Dreading that, judging from what I've heard here.

I'll post the results here, whether they're good or bad.

Jay
    Jay:
    Call Handspring CS today if you still have the unit, and tell them to process a new RMA for you. You should get your replacement by the end of week.
  6. Jay
    I appreciate the fact that Handspring (seems to) have someone monitoring these boards, but 'call again and wait some more' is not a satisfactory response to a customer who has already called several times and waited a lot.

Jay
  7. Jay
    Well, my situation has been resolved. It wasn't painless, but I have my replacement.

The person I spoke with at Handspring HQ was courteous, accurate and accountable. The email I sent to Donna Dubinsky was answered personally, which I appreciate because she is certainly a very busy person.

I hope that Handspring can straighten out the problems that they're having because I love the product. However, I am nervous about any future problems, based on the experience I just had. Once a customer gets a bad taste in their mouth, it's hard for a company to turn that around.

Jay
  8. TJ
    Good News, Handspring delivered on their promise this time. I received my credit and the saga finally ends. It's too bad it was such an ordeal. I hope things get better for Handspring and their customers, I suppose it will just take time. . .
    TJ
    I've had the same problems with CS. Two weeks after receiving my Visor, the cradle quit working. I sent my cradle back in January with the promise of a new one in 1.5 weeks. I've called four times and have been promised four times that a new cradle is in the mail. My Visor has been virtually useless for the last two months. This last time I even tried to get an RA for the whole unit. I wanted to send it back for a refund. They refused.

I am very frustrated with this organization.