Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm so angry that people who are ordering their visors after me are receiving them before me!

Anyone who's ordered an ORANGE deluxe after 2/17 and has already gotten it, please contact me! I want to yell at you and be jealous.

mad in maryland,

ed
    muguitar,

I don't own a organe visor, but I do not believe it's fair for u to yell at others who got theirs before you. Sure, you can direct your frustrations at the CS people and complain it all u can here at this postings. It's so WRONG to blame your misfortune (or Handspring's incompetence) on other ppl. What do you expect these people (who posted their "positive" up) to do? Send their VDx back to Handspring and attach a note saying they would not want one until u get one? Or they would send you theirs so you get to have hundreds of Organe VDx?
    Come on....respect others who are using this posting to get news for their PDA.

I sure hope you'll get yours soon....bear in mind when you ordered the period promised to u was up to 4 weeks....

I am quite disgusted that you would encourage customer abuse (verbal) of workers. Remember that the CS is outsourced somewhere in Toronto, Canada and they have no control as to what happens in California. How would YOU like it if you were being yelled at all the time for something that you have no control over and then to find people on this board ENCOURIGING it! No one deserves to be yelled at...no matter how much they get paid
    Get real buddy
    PS I am not saying that he has no right to be angry but do not take it out on others...especially people who have no control over it.
    Maybe it is a Canadian thing, eh?+

Originally posted by Segullah:
    muguitar,

I don't own a organe visor, but I do not believe it's fair for u to yell at others who got theirs before you. Sure, you can direct your frustrations at the CS people and complain it all u can here at this postings. It's so WRONG to blame your misfortune (or Handspring's incompetence) on other ppl. What do you expect these people (who posted their "positive" up) to do? Send their VDx back to Handspring and attach a note saying they would not want one until u get one? Or they would send you theirs so you get to have hundreds of Organe VDx?
    Come on....respect others who are using this posting to get news for their PDA.

I sure hope you'll get yours soon....bear in mind when you ordered the period promised to u was up to 4 weeks....

4.    #4  
    hey, both of you guys have got to "chill"

i may not have been clear because it's hard to hear your "tone" in an email, but if you can sense my tone through the language i use, i'm really not going to hurt or yell at anybody. "email me so i can yell at you??" come on? who's gonna do that?

in response to the second "poster," nobody deserves to be yelled at--i agree--but when a service is not living up to the "service" aspect of the relationship (i.e. at least knowing the status of the order), then they put themselves in a position to engage angry customers. what if, hypothetically speaking, i needed my visor within a week's time for some emergency reasons? visor should PROMISE that they may not be able to deliver. also, whether they can or can't deliver, they should be able to CLEARLY STATE WHY!!! And THIS is the exact reason for my frustration...not the fact that i don't have it, but the fact that nobody knows where it is? and on top of that, people who have ordered it after me are getting theirs?? where is the order of priority? it doesn't make sense to me. you say nobody deserves to get yelled at? how about nobody deserves to be treated this badly? how come that's not a concern to anyone anymore? i'll tell you why, it's because we've accepted, as consumers, this business malpractice from so many businesses that we expect it now. how about not expecting it at all, anyway? so please! i work in a customer service department. i have to understand that customers are irate when they call in. i have to deliver the best customer service i can to each and every individual. so please don't tell me about customer service. and if you work in CS, you would know, as well what i am talking about...

Damn right I work in CS. So I sympathize with the CS people and if you really work in CS you should understand what the hell I am talking about. Who the hell is treating you badly? Handspring CS, which is outsourced in Toronto, Canada? Or Handspring which doesn't allow these workers to check on the status of your order? I am not saying that you are not justified in being upset...I can understand that...but you are getting upset and irate with the wrong people. It is handspring that does not allow these people the resources to expedit orders, check on them properly and ship them out within a reasonable time. The CS people in Toronto have no authority on backorders, or how fast you will recieve your replacement and so on. This is handsprings fault for not giving them the resources to do this...not the CS people who don't even work for Handspring.

Originally posted by mrguitar:
    hey, both of you guys have got to "chill"

i may not have been clear because it's hard to hear your "tone" in an email, but if you can sense my tone through the language i use, i'm really not going to hurt or yell at anybody. "email me so i can yell at you??" come on? who's gonna do that?

in response to the second "poster," nobody deserves to be yelled at--i agree--but when a service is not living up to the "service" aspect of the relationship (i.e. at least knowing the status of the order), then they put themselves in a position to engage angry customers. what if, hypothetically speaking, i needed my visor within a week's time for some emergency reasons? visor should PROMISE that they may not be able to deliver. also, whether they can or can't deliver, they should be able to CLEARLY STATE WHY!!! And THIS is the exact reason for my frustration...not the fact that i don't have it, but the fact that nobody knows where it is? and on top of that, people who have ordered it after me are getting theirs?? where is the order of priority? it doesn't make sense to me. you say nobody deserves to get yelled at? how about nobody deserves to be treated this badly? how come that's not a concern to anyone anymore? i'll tell you why, it's because we've accepted, as consumers, this business malpractice from so many businesses that we expect it now. how about not expecting it at all, anyway? so please! i work in a customer service department. i have to understand that customers are irate when they call in. i have to deliver the best customer service i can to each and every individual. so please don't tell me about customer service. and if you work in CS, you would know, as well what i am talking about...

6.    #6  
    well, not only do i work in CS, i have come to understand--through all the irate customers that cal in--that customer service is not an individual department, and one that is linked to every other one in the company. if the shipping department is bad, then that affects the whole department, including CS! not to mention, that handsprings CS department is not very good in other ways (see other posts), but if i was the manager, i would say, "hey, the shipping department is making us look bad. i think i'd better talk to the director or vp." THAT, is how a company works, not around the CS department...

secondly, i never said that i yelled at CS. read the posts. i said that i am an irate customer. this, coupled with my experience in CS, allows me to keep a level head and ask probing questions without getting riled up. it still doesn't justify "bad" CS!! and unfortunately, as i have said, bad CS would be a result of a bad shipping department. Since the management is the main source of problem here, they would be the ones to blame, but i can't reach them, so you have to let them know there is a problem through their CS department...
    I agree with mrguitar. I don't care if it's not CS fault- they are the only way I can talk to HandSpring and make my displeasure known. (I received a faulty VisorDX and am still waiting for a replacement. The first time I have EVER spent more than $50 on an electronic item that NEVER WORKED)

If the CS people don't like being subject to irate customers, they should complain to HandSpring and tell to fix the $#@$ product so that CS doesn't get yelled at. If HandSpring won't fix things, the CS company should drop HandSpring.

Basically, I have know pity for the CS company. They're getting paid to do this- they should have turned down the contract if they didn't think HandSpring would provide them with the tools to do their job competently.

The customer service people should vote with their feet: QUIT. Refuse to enable a company with shoddy business practices.
  8.    #8  
    EXCACTLY WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY!!!!!!

Amen...
    For some reason...I believe the CS company is tied up w/ a contract and they just can't get out of it. Good point that u said they should complain to Handsprings about the problematic situation.

When I cooled and ponder more...I can't help to think that no one knows the real picture behind this chaotic thing. Was it bad management by Handspring? or the CS company? It's really puzzling to see the new posting of promising one week deliv.....if I was Handspirng.....I would clear all the backorders before encouraging more orders. In the long run this kind of decision making is going to hurt them, eventually.
    Like I said, I wish mrguitar would get his/her VDx soon.....and I am not encouraging anyone to yell at CS. Maybe we are all spoiled.....in Asia and other parts of the world this is v common and people often have to endure the double standards of companies and even gov't agencies (try getting a visa extension in India).

I apologize for my "burning" comments.

Wow what a great debate going on here! Personally. I agree with LadyVixen that the Handspring CS is doing the best they can using the tools and resources that Handspring provides. That being said, it is understandable that customer's yell and swear at them. For the most part, they are the only point of contact between Handspring and its customers. So naturally the consumers would unleash their frustrations on them.

That being said, if a CSR agent can not handle an irate customer then he or she is in the wrong industry.

Just my 0.02 cents.

11.    #11  
    yes, it really is a good debate after all...good points all around...i must admit, feelings aside, there really is NO REASON to yell at a CSR, no matter how wrong the situation is...i owe it to myself and to society as a mature human being...that being said, CS (who represents any semblance of handspring as a company) needs to get their act together--not as individuals who are "nice" people and who are good at being diplomatic with irate customers, but as a department who represents the entire company--and go on strike or complain to the management!! this is serious stuff, really. yeah, it's all going to blow over when handspring gets their act together one day, but i'll tell what i've come to know and understand: what comes around, goes around. no matter how big and successful they get, as long as the same people are in management, there will always be traces of this sucky time period in their company history; and no matter what happens, this time will leave a bitter taste in consumers' mouths...

personally, when i get my deluxe, i'm going to pray it never breaks down, because i don't want to even touch a situation like this again with a 10' pole!

anyway, back to the original topic: has ANYONE ordered a visor d. orange? i just want to know so that i can handspring see how much they're sucking with this aspect of things...trust me, no yelling or getting mad at you! i will be jealous, though...=)

thanks!
    MrGuitar:

Its going to be tough finding someone ordering a deluxe Orange. From what I can see its the least ordered colour with the most ordered being Graphite and Ice. Just out of curiosity, on what day did you place your order?
    I ordered my ORANGE visor deluxe on the 21st, shipped on 23 and I revieved it on March 1st. So about 8 buisness days from order date and 6 days from ship date to make it to Georgia. Love it so far and no problems. In other words, if you haven't revieved yours then one has to wonder if isn't lost in shipping or lost order at HS somewhere.
    I hope it shows up because i really like my OVdx and waiting without knowing really sucks

------------------
    MOO!!!
  14.    #14  
    these dudes, who've posted in the "general" topics, have summed it up brilliantly...

Author Topic: Service Still is Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hott
    VisorCentral Member
    posted 02-19-2000 05:52 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DO NOT LET ANYONE FOOL YOU!!
    VISOR SERVICE COULD NOT FIX THEIR WAY OUT OF A BOX IF THEY HAD TOO!!
    I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR OVER A MONTH FOR A REPLACEMENT UNIT BECAUSE THE ONE I RECEIVED WAS BAD!!!
    IT TOOK TWO WEEKS TO GET A NEW ONE AND IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A MONTH AND A HALF TO GET A REPLACEMENT!!! I HAVE CALLED SEVERAL TIMES ASKING WHERE IS IT?? EVERYTIME I GET THE SAME OLD RESPONSE 'OH WE ARE SORRY SIR WE MADE A MISTAKE AND WILL GET IT OUT TO YOU RIGHT AWAY!' HA WHAT A JOKE!! I AM STILL WAITING AFTER 4 ATTEMPTS.

LadyVixen
    VisorCentral Member
    posted 02-25-2000 01:04 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't think that that is the CSR's fault. Handspring came out very early and may be having some "growing" pains. No need to get so angry.

homer
    VisorCentral Member
    posted 02-25-2000 06:02 PM
    Hott has every right to be angry. I hear a lot of the "growing pains" excuse I can not understand how people can be sympathetic to Handspring.
    There is no excuse for their bad Customer Support. It's not even an issue of CS not being able to help, but just being informed. They never have the correct information on your order, your product, the warehouse, or the status of inventory or shipping dates.

This is unexcuseable. Period.

[This message has been edited by homer (edited 02-25-2000).]

yardie
    VisorCentral Member
    posted 02-26-2000 04:46 AM
    Folks things at handspring will only get better not worse. It is already getting better. Complaints on these boards are at a minimum compare to several weeks ago and people are actually posting a lot of positive stuff about handspring now. I am sure handspring is aware of what is going on and is monitoring sites like this one. And I am sure they are doing something to correct problems customers are currently experiencing.
    Just my 2 cents.

homer
    VisorCentral Member
    posted 02-26-2000 12:36 PM
    Yardie:
    I agree that things appear to be getting better...which is a good thing. However, they've been very slow to react.

Whatever their CS system is, it's laughable. (I have a feeling it a pencil and paper system).

HandSpring, one of the more "hi-tec" corporations out there has a CS System that:

1) Does not allow people to cancel orders
    2) Does not permit the editing of current orders
    3) Does not allow staff to check inventory
    4) Does not interface with the warehouse
    5) Does not interface with the web site
    6) Does not interface with UPS (for order tracking)
    7) Does not perform proper integrity checks on data (these are basic checks like "ZIP code should be 5 numbers")

Their Outsourced CS center:

1) Does not respond to email
    2) Does not return calls
    3) Claims that only certain people at CS can credit bad charges. They refuse to forward custopmers to said persons
    4) Has little technical knowlege of the product, itself
    5) Refuse to acknowlege problems on their end
    6) Admit to no "chain of command" (there seems to be the CS rep, and then the supervisor...neither seem to have any real power or knowledge)

Bottom line is that HandSpring should have FIRED this entire company the VERY FIRST WEEK that they experienced problems. There simply is no excuse for continuing with such a poor company.

All that said...I love my handspring. Debbie, the CEO herself has been more than helpful and polite to myself and others. I just can not comprehend the logic of sticking with this CS company for so long.

Hi mrguitar,

Check your visa/mastercard bill...did HS charged you already? If so then you'll probably have to wait...but if not....my suggestion is to call them (Visa/Mastercard) and tell them you want to cancel the purchase. It's no point to wait if you're in need for it soon...and btw...you can get a IIIxe (out in some stores already) and get a orange case for it now....

I can't live in FEAR everyday and pray that my PDA doesn't breakdown.....

We want a PDA because it's for OUR CONVENIENCE....not to make our lives more COMPLICATED W/ FEAR.

Right?

:-)
    Segullah:

Obviously if mrguitar wanted a palm he would have went down to the mall and buy one. He wants a visor.... a product which is not only superior to the palm pilot but cheaper .
    hey mrguitar, you might have said this somewhere, but I couldn't find it... Have you recieved an email from Handspring confirming that they sent it yet? (btw sorry if you've already figured this out, i came into this thread a bit late) Because they sent me a confirmation e-mail the day I ordered it, and 3 days later they sent an e-mail saying that it had been sent. Somewhere I remember reading that Visor guaranteed that they would ship it in a week so if you have not recieved the confirmation e-mail yet, call 'em up on Monday and b**** them out.... Well, ok. not that drastic, since we are trying to be nice to the CS people. But seriously, if its taking that long of a time, something's gotta be wrong.

-matt
    yardie,

I'm just trying to analyse the situation and give my 0.02 here....being an experience user of both Palm and HS products...I would say Visor may not be the irreplaceable alternative to Palm. Being an sofeware engineer myself I would also recommend Palm products if one needs a PDA immediately....pls go back and read my posting and realize that I've said it.

Of course I know mrguitar can get a Palm down at the store....I'm not that stupid.

:-)
    Segullah:

I don't think you are stupid hehe. Sorry my statements come off that way. I just hate when Palm Users ....infiltrators? Come on here to bash Handspring and the visor hehe...not that you are one of them or anything...

Anyways, its good to see that you didn't take what I said personally
    Getting back to the original point (or so I believe) I've GOT an orange VDx. Yes, it's awesome. I work with kids and they love the orange. Unfortunatly, the kids think I can play Pokemon on it, yuk. But, before you get jealous (because I know you won't yell) mrguitar. I ordered my VDx on DEC 25 and recieved it on FEB 4!! Long story, see my other posts. In response to all the CS fury that has been flying back and forth on this topic, the VDx that arrived on the 4th didn't work!! I called HS and in 5 days (including weekend) I had a new one. Now that I have it it is awesome, I love it. 2 people with palms dig the color, memory size and springboard potential. Infact 3 other people are ordering visors now, though sadly all are too conservative to get the coveted orange. By the way besides mrguitar and the one other post does anyone else answering this string even own an orange? Members only please !!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast