1.    #1  
    After a 2 month wait, endless phone calls, lost and mis-entered addresses, hours on hold... my visor finally arrived. I mailed an 'irate customer' letter to a general address, and am wondering if any of you have suggestions on a more specific point of contact to air my frustrations. I tried scrolling through this forum, but couldn't find any specifics.

thanks!
  2. v
    Well, now you've vented here. I hope you feel better now, less bitter. Perhaps you could waltz on over to ebay and enjoy your feeling of superiority over those who are paying more money for the same item you've received. Or ... you could dance over to PalmGear and start downloading and configuring your Visor just the way you want it. When you get it configured just right, perhaps you will feel better about it. Life seems too short to worry about how you can more effectively complain or to long remain bitter over these things. When you ordered your Visor, did handspring promise you a short delivery or were you warned when you ordered that there might be a lag or delay? I hope you come to enjoy your Visor at some point.

That's my 2 cents.

------------------
    Penguins and Palms

v
    My experience was just as bad, if not worse. I ordered a deluxe in Oct. along with an extra serial cradle, and received two deluxes and no serial cradle (making it useless). I've tried for 5 months now to get my cradle and return the second visor, with no luck at all. The fulfillment and service centers are as bad as I've seen. Period. The customer service line is not toll-free so you ending up paying more for their terrible service. What's worse is supervisors are never around to assist the poor customer service reps who don't have a clue what customer service really means.

In short, I initially recommended the visor to many,many people, but have since taken my word back - simply because of the horrible service. Nobody should be subjected to the treatment we've received from them.

Originally posted by clraso:
    After a 2 month wait, endless phone calls, lost and mis-entered addresses, hours on hold... my visor finally arrived. I mailed an 'irate customer' letter to a general address, and am wondering if any of you have suggestions on a more specific point of contact to air my frustrations. I tried scrolling through this forum, but couldn't find any specifics.

thanks!
    BTW, I do plan to contact the Better Business Bureau and log a complaint. Anyone interested in joining?

Originally posted by todd.teta:
    My experience was just as bad, if not worse. I ordered a deluxe in Oct. along with an extra serial cradle, and received two deluxes and no serial cradle (making it useless). I've tried for 5 months now to get my cradle and return the second visor, with no luck at all. The fulfillment and service centers are as bad as I've seen. Period. The customer service line is not toll-free so you ending up paying more for their terrible service. What's worse is supervisors are never around to assist the poor customer service reps who don't have a clue what customer service really means.

In short, I initially recommended the visor to many,many people, but have since taken my word back - simply because of the horrible service. Nobody should be subjected to the treatment we've received from them.

5.    #5  
    V - it's not about superiority, its about a company valuing customers, I was promised a wait far shorter than what I experienced, and in fact, my original order was never shipped, and I was never notified that there was a problem with it (they said they had a bad zip code, and when they read it back to me, what they had was correct).

I have no complaints with the product, but with my experience obtaining it.
    Just keep in mind you should always have...

1) the patience to accept facts you cannot change,
    2) the force to change things that can be changed by you,
    3) the wisdom to always know if 1 or 2 applies.

Since you most obviously cannot travel back in time and make your ordering experience a better one, my suggestion is: You are facing situation No. 1.

So sit back, relax, and have a ......(whatever makes you feel good)

regards, EN
    And sorry about it, here is another one:

Disappointment is always the result of a wrong expectation. And both are born within yourself.

AND..

Life definitely is too short to drink cold coffee.

2c.
    regards, EN
    v and Erik,

I think's it's clraso's right to complain in any way he wants. For example, if you're at a restaurant and your food comes 4 hours after you ordered it, are you going to tell yourself, "Hey, as long as the food made it, that's all I care about? Who cares if it took 2 hours before they realized they hadn't even placed my order with the chef and never bothered to follow up with me. I'm still going to leave a tip."

No, you wouldn't. Any company that acts the way Handspring has towards their customers is sending a dangerous message. They're saying that their product is so cool that it will sell itself no matter how bad their ordering and customer service departments are. They're acting as if the customers are disposable.

just my 2 cents
  9.    #9  
    Thanks Hawkeye - sounds like you understand my point!
    Originally posted by Hawkeye:
    v and Erik,

I think's it's clraso's right to complain in any way he wants. For example, if you're at a restaurant and your food comes 4 hours after you ordered it, are you going to tell yourself, "Hey, as long as the food made it, that's all I care about? Who cares if it took 2 hours before they realized they hadn't even placed my order with the chef and never bothered to follow up with me. I'm still going to leave a tip."

well, first of all i would have left the restaurant well before the 4 hour mark and had a GREAT time somewhere else. I think this world would be full of happier people (and less businesses with poor service) if we follow Erik and v's advice. Go someplace else, change the channel, or leave before you get upset! That way you're happy, they lost your business (and many others if they continue) and this whole ranting and moaning fit doesn't even occur!

my 2 canadian cents = 1.3 US cents
    Hawkeye:
    Your original quote: >>I think's it's clraso's right to complain in any way he wants<<

Right. And I never denied this.

>>For example, if you're at a restaurant and your food comes 4 hours after you ordered it,<<

After that time I would've died from starvation - and couldn't complain.

regards, EN
  12. v
    Nor would I deny clraso the "right" to complain however he/she may wish. I expressed the hope that having vented, his/her bitterness may abate.

------------------
    Penguins and Palms

v