Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I notice Handspring have changed their prognosis for the introduction of international orders from "early in the year" to "later in the year". Hmmm ...

How can someone in the UK get a Visor w/o resorting to eBay or risking finding someone in the US willing to act as a go-between?

visor@h-i-l-l.net
  2. sc
    I think finding a friend or relative in US to act as go between is not "risking".

I got mine to Hong Kong and is very happy in using it right now.

3.    #3  
    ... assuming you have a friend or relative in the US.

It's not the centre of the world you know.

visor@h-i-l-l.net
    As far as I can tell, there is no other way to do it for an international order. I'd suggest finding someone on Ebay with a good rating and buying from them. Otherwise, make friends with someone here who is willing to order for you...

5.    #5  
    My real point was that Handspring have chaged there conditions - just like that - after I have waited a good couple of months for "early in the year".

I just wanted to order a product off the manufacturer not pay some eBay premium.

As I said, I guess I'll have to reconsider what's available in the UK.

6. sc
    Raz,

I definitely think you should considered waiting a little longer. Many of my friends who are PALM owners are so jeoulous of my 8MB RAM and my springboard. They think its the dumpest thing to do in buying a PALM or using a PALM when seeing me using the VISOR.

Trust me.

Some traders in Hong Kong buy a large batch of VISOR from US and sell in HK with the price marked up to around US$350. Though its a bit expensive, but I think the shipping cost saved could compensate at least 2/3 of the cost difference. May by you can see if any trader in UK are doing the same thing.

Best wishes.
    All you say is fine, yet...
    it's not possible.

They require you to order through a credit card with an american billing address.
    So, not possible to order and deliver it to someone in the US, who then forwards it.

Anyway, the product is good, but they should fire the guy who plans production, and the one who plans sales, should join the retirement.

Pure incompetence !
    Razorboy -

I believe the old wording was "early in the *new* year" as the information was originally post in 1999. Now that is 2000, it made sense to change the wording, as "early in the new year" now would be construed is early 2001.

As a Canadian, I share your frustrations as "later in the year" sounds ominous. I am willing, however, to wait until they get the shipping problems corrected with US orders (which it sounds like they are doing).
  9. sc
    Originally posted by Erik Nagel:
    All you say is fine, yet...
    it's not possible.

As far as I know, initially they claimed that they need an American Credit Card and US Billing Address, However, they can still process my order from Hong Kong with an Hong Kong Visa Card and Hong Kong billing address and shipped the product to my friend's US address, though it was 2 1/2 months after my order placed in Oct.
    SC:
    This is well possible - it seems they have changed their order input screen in the way that they now do not accept addresses outside the U.S anymore (neither in the shipping nor in the billing dialogue).

I have already heard of some people who ordered on an international credit card back in october or november. Now, it's not possible anymore.

regards
  11. sc
    So I must be the lucky guy.
    I am glad that I made the decision to order it early in Oct.
    I guess I was lucky to order early too...

Somewhere I read that you can use the US shipping adress as the billing adress as well..

I don't know if this is true, but it is worht a try...
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hey, Toolkit! It was "me", the schnitzel guy who told you that. And Erik Nagel, go look at the EVC thread in General for my offer for poor you.

The order form never changed. I merely used my German credit card (von der Commerzbank =) ) number. For the billing address, I used the stateside shipping address, with my name, of course.

For the moment, I vote that everybody at Handspring keeps their jobs and give a thumbs up to Donna for replying and finding solutions personally when she receives concerned email from customers.

BTW, the friend has bought his plane tickets and is arriving at Frankfurt airport on 25 februar.
    that's right, it was the schnitzel guy that came up with the sceme to bypass the international order-problem...

Smart thinking Goyena!
    Success - for now.
    I have entered an order, using my credit card number and a U.S. shipping AND billing address.
    I also got a confirmation.
    My order is 'in the system', whatever that means in reality.
    Let's see what happens.
    I'll keep you all posted.
    I have exchanged email with Donna D.; info was that they don't want to deliver to a country where they don't offer support. But then, they deliver to the U.S., but do they really offer what deserves the name support there <g> ?

I won't change my mind: They better move fast.
  16.    #16  
    OK guys - who can I trust my $300 or so to?

razorboy
    Originally posted by sc:
    So I must be the lucky guy.
    I am glad that I made the decision to order it early in Oct.
    SC, I order my Visor by phone in Oct and I got it before X'mas. Please give me your Email address for discussion.
    Originally posted by razorboy:
    OK guys - who can I trust my $300 or so to?

razorboy
    razorboy,

I can get it for you. Just email me at mutix@aol.com
    So, I'm confused.

You used a US shipping address AND a US billing address, despite the fact your credit card is German, and it did arrive?

If so, I'll do the same for my backup module.

I am currently out of town... My Visor crashed, and I lost all my data. Fortunately, I use excite's planner so I still have access to my contact information.

------------------
    Eugene Hsieh
    Editor, VisorCentral FAQ
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Yes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast