Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ...which makes me wonder, because when I phoned these guys at sales support, they told me they are not able to VERIFY a German CREDIT CARD.

This, of course, is bull****, because for the credit card verification system to be of any use, it works and has to work globally.

I have done it like Goyena, and the order is in the system. Which, taking into account the various comments here, does not mean anything to me.

Only time will tell.
    OK then, backup module ordered to Indiana --> Toronto, using a Canadian Visa card.

I'll tell you what happens.

------------------
    Eugene Hsieh
    Editor, VisorCentral FAQ

While this in not directly a response to anyone's previous post, I thought those of you struggling with Int'l orders might find this instructive.

I ordered my Visor on Dec. 5th or 6th from Toronto with a US shipping address and received my confirmation email on Dec. 8th, assuming all was well. When 5 weeks past without shipment, and having read here that the processing time has generally dropped to under two weeks I started making calls to the sales department. Sales told me that my order was in the system and had been sent to logistics (whatever that is) and should be on it's way. After a week going by and still no shippment I called again; the first time I got through to CS their system was down and they failed to call me back as promised, the second time I got through (today) I was rather curtly informed that the reason my order hadn't been processed was because of my Cdn billing address. My order was replaced manually and in theroy is being processed, but they were unable to tell me anything about when I might receive my unit...(nor any info as to why my e-mails to sales hadn't been returned, or when if ever they were planning to contact me to tell me there was a problem with my originally confirmed order).

So to all trying to get their Handsprings through US friends I would suggest you ask them to use their credit cards too, or deal with CS directly as their sales department's computers can't handle multiple addresses.

D

Originally posted by Brauche:

After a week going by and still no shippment I called again; the first time I got through to CS their system was down and they failed to call me back as promised, the second time I got through (today) I was rather curtly informed that the reason my order hadn't been processed was because of my Cdn billing address.
    Well, Goyena's method is a little different. He used both a US shipping AND a US billing address, despite the fact his credit card is German. It worked for him. Here's hoping for me...

------------------
    Eugene Hsieh
    Editor, VisorCentral FAQ
    Right, I used an american address incl. the name of a friend, both for shipping and billing, but put my name as "attn. to", and of course gave my credit card number.
    Dunno whether it is working or not, but placed my order using a friend's name and US shipping address. At the bottem of the form is a check box to indicate if billing address is the same as the shipping address. Taking the hints from the forum, I conveniently 'forgot' to uncheck that box.

The order was submitted and the confirmation received. Of course, its still to be delivered so I cannot verify if my method works.

Way I figures is, it does not matter whether the billing address is mine or my friend. I used my credit card number and so it will be billed to my credit card account anyway. As for the bill, its just being sent to my friend who will duly inform me.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    What bill?

That's what I never figured out...the last time I got a bill from mail-order was about ten years ago with my Science Fiction Book Club subscription, when I had no checking account (or CC) so I paid with 7-eleven money orders.

My mother received and sent our Visor to Germany, and never got any "bill". Of course not, your CC company bills you, but when Handspring sends a bill anywhere it would be electronically to the CC company.

BTW, I think the only relevant fields are the name and number for the CC, since I don't remember them asking for the exp. date. There must be some simple check on the address data to "verify" it's American.

Validity and funds checks must pass through MasterCard and Visa first, and then your bank. Anyone?
    Hello all!

I am happy to tell you that my Visor is on its way to Finland! It was ordered via my friend in CA and billed from my VISA.

The successful ordering procedure went as follows:
    I ordered GVD on-line on 24.1.00 using my name c/o my friends name, and friends address in CA. Billing address was the same as shipping address, with my name only. VISA credit card was Finnish. In addition, I called to my credit card company and told them that this billing address is ok, if Handspring inquires.

My VISA was charged on 28.1. and 31.1. my friend e-mailed that Visor had arrived.

Thus, now it is in its way here...

can't wait....

Jari
    So, to reconfirm that it works... I'm in Canada and I ordered on my own credit card, and used my name exactly as written on the card. However, my stated shipping and billing address were the same, and were in Indianapolis. My backup module has arrived in Indy about 10 days from the date of order, using standard shipping.

Now I'm just anxiously awaiting the backup module to be shipped up (along with the MP3/DVD combo player that's coming with it).

------------------
    Eugene Hsieh
    Editor, VisorCentral FAQ
    Come visit my homepage.
    I got it - it's in the US at my friends address. He'll send it over to Germany with Fedex.

Hope it's ok.

regards,
    I received an e-mail stating:
    'I'm a member of Visor Central, and I noticed your European site. I am an
    American who will be traveling in Spain and France this March. I would be
    willing to order and transport Visors from here to CDG Airport (Paris), to
    Barcelona, or to Toulouse, France. Let me know if anyone is interested!'

So send me an e-mail if you are interested and I'll contact you with this person...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12