1. KD
    Time for all the Palm pilot/anti-visor/anti handspring folks to accept reality.

I received my Visor Dlx, serial cradle and Backup module in 4 days. No, cracks, no scratches (did a little sanding on the stylus just in case), the stock stylus works fine. It is a perfect, flawless PDA.

The Palm III and IIIx users at my company are in total awe. They can't believe how great the visor screen is, how the form factor is superior, how cool the backup module is...you name it they are coveting my visor. Only 3 in the state of Iowa and only one at my company...I go to a meeting and start using it and the conversation is the same...is that a Visor??? Can I see it?

Then, they pull out their cheap looking under powered, over priced Palm III and the eyes swell up and the lower lip quivers and they pout. And once I let them hold it and start showing it off, well, let's just say I hate seeing grown up cry!!

So, let's just accept the fact that this device is great, that the company is getting things fixed and if you still choose a Palm, don't cry to VisorCentral. I am tired of people constantly posting and wasting space by trying to discourage people from buying a Visor. And it is time to give up the lawsuit talk and other crap and let Visor users focus on ways to use and enhance their PDA experience.

Yes, this company is not perfect and had some problems, but heh, I don't know of many that are. I would love to have their problem...excess demand!

By the way, don't bother flaming me. Positive comments, however, are welcome.

This is not intented to be a flame. I am glad to hear about your experience, and I can't wait myself. I truly am excited to receive my Visor. But it's easy to post your message when you're looking at your Visor, and I just got off the longest phone call I've had in recent history with Handspring. One should not only consider a new tech product and it's ability to do it's job, but the company behind it. Next week, if I receive my Visor, I'll be in your same shoes, that is to say, excited and ready to post "Visor rules!" messages. But after my experience today with Handspring, Visor does NOT rule. The only reason I am posting here is this board seems quite on-topic regarding my current subject: Visor ordering/shipping. There is a general board where "Visor rules!" might be more appropriate. Do I think that these shipping/contact problems need to be considered before a person orders? Yes! I would still have ordered, but I should have done my homework. Still can't wait to fill that 8 megs to the brim, though!
  3. KD
    Posted it in general visor to. I am tired of all the negative posts and it is only fair to show both sides.
    KD: Must agree with you.

I just recieved my Visor (ordered 1/7 recieved 1/11) in 3 days if you remove the weekend!

However, I do sympathize with those who ordered earlier and have yet to recieve product.

Oh well, hang in there. Now that they've got their current orders under control, hopefully they'll be moving on to the older ones.

To everyone else, feel free to check out my webpage (It will certainly help you pay for your new Visor!)
    http://themoneytree.cjb.net

-------------------------------------------
    -= Universities are full of knowledge: Freshman bring a little in, =-
    -= Seniors take none away . . . and knowledge accumulates. =-

[This message has been edited by dannoz (edited 01-14-2000).]
    KD,

Just out of curiosity, why would you post a belligerent message that can be summed up as "my toy's better than your toy, nah, nah, nah" and then sum up the post this way:

By the way, don't bother flaming me. Positive comments, however, are welcome.
    Obviously, you don't understand the idea behind a bulletin board like this one. This BB is where anyone interested in topics relating to Visors or other PDA's can post their views.

First of all, I will say that the Visor is a good product with some interesting and innovative changes to a typical Palm OS device. However, there are tons of Palm users who would disagree with this statement:

Then, they pull out their cheap looking under powered, over priced Palm III and the eyes swell up and the lower lip quivers and they pout. And once I let them hold it and start showing it off, well, let's just say I hate seeing grown up cry!!
    Truth be known, even Visor users themselves note that the Palm III series have what seem to be more durable cases. Regarding "underpowered", same processor. In fact, when apps start rolling out for OS 3.5 and users of Palm III's simply upgrade their OS so that they can use those apps, where will Visor users, like yourself, be? Then it seems that you will be "underpowered" so to speak.

Anyway, I don't mean this post to sound like I'm pitching Palm and insulting Visor. All I mean to say is that if you wan't to make yourself feel big, don't come into an objective forum and taunt, "my visor is wicked cool and no one with a Palm could ever be cool like me". Instead, why don't you go give your kid brother a wedgie or something.

Hawk

[This message has been edited by Hawkeye (edited 01-14-2000).]
    Right on, Hawkeye. I think you summed up KD's message exactly. I doubt, though, that he'll see your point.
  7. mtn
    Gee, guys, I got a good laugh out of KD's post. I sensed a little bit of attempted humor.

Literary exaggeration, maybe? I don't know that everything should be taken completely literally... ;D

------------------
    Mark N.
    I love my Visor, but a Vx is pretty damn nice too. Too bad it costs so much. (I can forgive its lack of a Springboard slot, given its size.)

------------------
    Eugene Hsieh
    Editor, VisorCentral FAQ

[This message has been edited by Eug (edited 01-14-2000).]
    I had a Palm III before my VDX, and I can't really see any difference in case quality between the two. And no matter how much I love my Visor, the aluminum casing on the Palm V is very slick.

Here's hoping Handspring makes a color Palm Vx lookalike.

Let's try not go get into the "My PDA is better than yours" discussion. Dif'rent strokes...

------------------
    James Hromadka
    VisorCentral.com
    Personal Website: http://www.Hromadka.com
    Thank you JH!
    I do not understand the "mine is better than yours " attitude some of the posts wish to engender.

Both the Palm IIIx and the Visor Deluxe are good, solid, and, competent tools. The reasons for buying one over the other are most often personal and valid to the person making the choice. One choice is no more valid than the other is.

Frankly, I bought the Visor because I could not afford the Palm Vx and wanted more memory than the IIIx. I used a meg/ram to dollar ration to justify my choice. However, that was just my reasoning.

I knew that I would have to wait at least 4 weeks and perhaps as long as a couple of months before receiving the Visor, I decided that was a price I was willing to pay for a new and unique tool.

I like the springboard technology but it was not the even in the top three reason for buying the Visor nor were the cool colors
    (I got blue, love it).

The point of all this rambling: surely there are more constructive things to post than "mine is better than yours "

A clear explanation of the reasoning behind your choice of one over the other would be preferable to all the hooey being thrown around.

PLEASE SEE THREAD UNDER GENERAL VISOR "Palm or Visor or Win-CE: Why you picked the one you picked"

I think this could be of some value to people trying to make a choice.

------------------
    Life is to short for boring food

[This message has been edited by SpiceUmUp (edited 01-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by SpiceUmUp (edited 01-16-2000).]
    KD,

I can't believe that there are only three in Iowa... I have had mine for almost 4 weeks now and I would hate to think that there are only a couple more visors in the whole state.

Brian
  12. KD
    Geez, I guess some of my humor wasn't picked up upon. However, I will say that things needed a little soomething to get the posts going again.

Sometimes I wonder if this site should really be called Visor Central...
    KD, it would seem that your humour was either too subtle or too overboard for some politically-correct people to understand your "belligerent post" and wishing you to "give your kid brother a wedgie or something".

I would dare postulate that the Visor Deluxe is "cooler" than the Palms (I had upgraded from a PalmIII) because of its price per Meg ratio, rarity (for now), and the loyalty of us early adopters.
  14. KD
    Big-B

Where in Iowa are you? I should have clarified...On the Visor Rec'd Log there are only three listed. Found out today that someone else at my company just got one.
  15. KD
    visordoc

Better be careful - posting a response like yours may generate lotsa angry posts.
  16. QL2
    Right on SpiceUmUp,
    I agree with you, so lets see if we can keep this thread from my post on just as you had explained. What did you buy and Why. No more childs play of who's PDA is better, lets hear why people made their choices.

I bought 2-Graphite Visor Deluxe.
    Why,
    1. Price
    2. I wanted to give Hawkins a chance and
    see what the father of palm had to
    offer.
    3. More ram.
    4. Springboard.

Lets hear from others, I hope only serious posts.

[This message has been edited by QL2 (edited 01-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by QL2 (edited 01-15-2000).]