Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If this is the wrong place to do this, or if its against the rules please feel free to let me know to edit it remove it.

I'm planning on attending the roadshow on 11/11 in boston with a friend. I might use my coupon but he knows he isn't going to. He plans on selling it on ebay. I figured that if anyone here wanted to buy it they could PM me and we could arrange something. He doesn't want to make some exhorbitant amount of money so I convinced him that if someone wanted it for 200-250 that would be a fair price. Especially for the GSM version because then you actually aren't paying more for the device and you get an unlocked version (I believe).

If you are interested you can PM me email me.

Thanks,

Basl
    Last edited by Basl; 11/06/2004 at 04:00 PM.
    your friend is a jackass.
  3.    #3  
    why's that? He isn't going to the roadshow for the coupon, he actually wants to go...he just knows he can't afford a treo. I don't see anything wrong with him wanting to offer to sell it. It't not like he is taking up someones place at the show, from what i hear they haven't been filling up.
    ha ha ha...

Your "friend" doesnt want to make "some exhorbitant" amount on it, so he'll sell someone the "honor" of being able to order a phone for ONLY $250.

A 70% markup isnt exhorbitant at all. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight....

Some retard will jump on it though.
  5.    #5  
    While he is making 70% he at least isn't trying to sell it for four hundred (current ebay price). If the buyer was intending to buy a new treo then they actually don't lose any money and potentially gets a treo earlier than anyone else (depending on carrier).
    basl, please take your scam somewhere else.

the coupon does nothing if someone did not attend the show.

SUCKERS BEWARE!

I love how tardanic the "offer" is..."you pay me $250 for a coupon so you can pay $350 for a Treo 650. So basically $600 for a Treo I could buy at Sprint for $600."

Duh.

EOL
  7.    #7  
    Its not a scam. I will have attended the roadshow and therefore will have a valid discount code and auth number. These can be used to order the treo. Further, the offer isn't that valuable for people who want the sprint 650, it is more valuable for people who want the gsm on a carrier other than ATT. I believe the person who orders the treo with the coupon will get an unlocked 650 before their network probably carries it. I wasn't offering it here to be a jerk. My friend can easily put it on Ebay where such coupons are selling for over 400 dollars. I convinced him to let me offer it here because this audience cares more about the 650 than some rich guy on ebay likely will and some people wanted a chance at these coupons.
    This simply violates the spirit of the offer and is the sort of thing that makes me despise the 'net.

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango
    Ditto. What a joke!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    At the Dallas roadshow event Palm stated they verify order names against reg lists and surveys turned in at the end of the event. There is only one discount code (per city) for all 100 or so attendees. The coupon does not do a user any good w/o being on reg list, attending the event, and turning in a survey at the end of the event. Several TC users have tried to order via the coupon code and found their orders rejected (since they did not attend the event).
    Basl,

The lady does protest too much...

No amount of long, explanatory posts will change the fact that your offer is a a SCAM.
    (aka BS, full of sh-y-te, con job, etc.)

take it somewhere else.
    If your friend truly does not want the phone and wants to make the money he'd be better off ordering the GSM version then when he get's it sell it here or on ebay. I guarantee he makes more than $300 if he does that and he wont rip someone off in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    If your friend truly does not want the phone and wants to make the money he'd be better off ordering the GSM version then when he get's it sell it here or on ebay. I guarantee he makes more than $300 if he does that and he wont rip someone off in the process.
    Just means someone who "played by the rules" may have to wait longer for his or hers (especially since this practice seems to be becoming somewhat prevalent on ebay). If someone doesn't want or plan to use one, don't order it--or even accept the coupon--period (why the hell go to the roadshow, then?). I put this BS right down there with ticket scalpers. Go away, and if you plan to do this sort of thing, don't bother us with it. Too bad anyone here wants to help pull this off at all, even if they mean well (e.g. Primate's quote above).

End of rant,
    Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by Basl
    If this is the wrong place to do this, or if its against the rules please feel free to let me know to edit it remove it.

I'm planning on attending the roadshow on 11/11 in boston with a friend. I might use my coupon but he knows he isn't going to. He plans on selling it on ebay. I figured that if anyone here wanted to buy it they could PM me and we could arrange something. He doesn't want to make some exhorbitant amount of money so I convinced him that if someone wanted it for 200-250 that would be a fair price. Especially for the GSM version because then you actually aren't paying more for the device and you get an unlocked version (I believe).

If you are interested you can PM me email me.

Thanks,

Basl
    Now come on fess up, is this "friend" of yours really you? Hard to believe you're putting your neck on the line for just a friend. Or is he too shy to set up a treocentral acct and ask for himself?
    Scam.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    Just means someone who "played by the rules" may have to wait longer for his or hers (especially since this practice seems to be becoming somewhat prevalent on ebay). If someone doesn't want or plan to use one, don't order it--or even accept the coupon--period (why the hell go to the roadshow, then?). I put this BS right down there with ticket scalpers. Go away, and if you plan to do this sort of thing, don't bother us with it. Too bad anyone here wants to help pull this off at all, even if they mean well (e.g. Primate's quote above).

End of rant,
    Todd/Indy
    I still don't see the problem with it. If you really want one and want it soon you should be on the lookout like so many TC'rs waiting for BB or sprint stores to get them or preordering them through Palmone or TC.
    100 or 200 or 300 people ordering them through the roadshow really aren't hurting anyone who really wants the phone as soon as it get's out.
    If you're getting it through the roadshow and want it as soon as possible I bet you're going to be disappointed with the wait and may want to get it through one of the other channels then sell the roadshow phone on Ebay.
    Oh, but that would make you a bad person wouldn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango

By the initial comment, you were able to determine the friend's political leanings? You think the friend is a Democrat?
    I was large and in charge!
    Primate, I wasn't attacking you at all (I think you know that by the smiley at the end of your post). I just wish people here wouldn't even try to help "rule benders" like coupon-sellers. If we all told them to "go away" we wouldn't have to allocate bandwidth to this junk.

Todd/Indy
    Mike, what does tardanic mean? It's not in my OED and when I googled it the only references I got, other than surnames, was your use of it on these boards. Just trying to expand my vocabulary...
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    Primate, I wasn't attacking you at all (I think you know that by the smiley at the end of your post). I just wish people here wouldn't even try to help "rule benders" like coupon-sellers. If we all told them to "go away" we wouldn't have to allocate bandwidth to this junk.

Todd/Indy
    I didn't take it personally either way.
    I'm not neccesarily trying to help the rule benders really, I put forth the suggestion in an effort to help to clueless or less observant coupon buyers.
    It's much more acceptable to me that people who go to the roadshow and get coupons but don't want the phone buy it and sell it on ebay instead of selling a pretty worthless (to the buyer) coupon to some poor sap.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast